Staying Up Thread 2019/20 | Page 67 | Vital Football

Staying Up Thread 2019/20

Shithouse of a season. Pathetic management from top to bottom
Isn’t it weird that the dawn of a new age owners are hiring back room staff and coaches to make exactly the same shit mistakes that have been putting us in the shit for years now.
Overspending on average players that we presume will have a greater sell on value after one season as a computer nerd has mashed out his stats rather than watched him play like scouts use to do.
Football is a simple game being fucked up by money men and coaches that are too scared to play players naturally.
Sad for fans but who gives a toss but the fans😥

To go back a page, there has been an obsession and myth regarding Sheffield United and their incomings all season.

Because I've nothing better to do I investigated, they've had 15 new faces join this season. Admittedly they only spent money on 6 of them, but that totalled to over £62m but practically each one broke their transfer record!

I think the point is more about needing an influx of players who would be in the starting XI. Sheffield United didn't need to do that and perhaps Wilder was going to bed in more of the signings as the season went on but hasn't needed to due to the performances of those who've basically played for him last season.

Norwich were the same in that they had contracted players to start from this season. Although, they are a justified claim of not spending (£8m for the 11 incomings they've made).

We were different. We had bare bones come the 1st July. People argue about keeping Hutton, Jedinak and Whelan but look where they are now? Adomah is the only one we released still in the Championship I believe. We needed numbers and quality and £160m wasn't going to cover both.

To me, I argued from the start we'd be a bottom six club and I've proven to be right. The fact that despite the performances have been lousy for a while now and we're still right in the mix to escape is something to hold onto right now. Where we go subsequently is dependent on where we finish in my opinion, but we were always up against it from the outset.
All outsiders will see us as that club that wasted 130 odd million as they believe the press BS just like we all believed Sheffield United were the example to follow for promoted clubs as that’s what the press told us but you have shown with your great research that it is complete crap.
Most fans inc myself had us bottom half but just outside the shit zone and that’s been proven correct. We are all just so pissed off that we are just so negative and scared and haven’t gone for it as to be honest, apart from the top 7 , this league is standard at best with wolves showing what can happen if you take it on with a we don’t care, we play attacking football approach.
im just shocked at how negative we have been because we really do have a few quality players in our ranks. Used right and we could of been safe months ago but here we are, tip toeing along to who knows what .

If we lose every game 1 nil but Bournemouth and West Ham lose every game 2 nil then we will stay up. Our best chance possibly.
200.webp

So what happens when we play Wet Spam in the season finale?

Karen Brady will streak whilst promoting Anne Summers products and West Ham players will spend 90 minutes begging her to put her clothes back on.

(caveat - she's gorgeous and I've liked her since I was a teenager and given we all know I'm from a family of Bluenoses - she's treated my family well (personally), so I do quite like her).

But everyone gets old.

Isn’t it weird that the dawn of a new age owners are hiring back room staff and coaches to make exactly the same shit mistakes that have been putting us in the shit for years now.
Overspending on average players that we presume will have a greater sell on value after one season as a computer nerd has mashed out his stats rather than watched him play like scouts use to do.
Football is a simple game being fucked up by money men and coaches that are too scared to play players naturally.

Based on your comments, one of our new owners is a computer nerd looking for resell value.

All outsiders will see us as that club that wasted 130 odd million as they believe the press BS just like we all believed Sheffield United were the example to follow for promoted clubs as that’s what the press told us but you have shown with your great research that it is complete crap.
Most fans inc myself had us bottom half but just outside the shit zone and that’s been proven correct. We are all just so pissed off that we are just so negative and scared and haven’t gone for it as to be honest, apart from the top 7 , this league is standard at best with wolves showing what can happen if you take it on with a we don’t care, we play attacking football approach.
im just shocked at how negative we have been because we really do have a few quality players in our ranks. Used right and we could of been safe months ago but here we are, tip toeing along to who knows what .
Whilst l agree that we look frightened of our own shadow,don't see any combination of our current playing staff leaving us anywhere but where we are now,down with the dead men. Recruitment has been poor.

Every team has overspent on average players Lion, for every successful transfer there's 3 or more poor ones. We are not currently a desirable club for the top players, so we won't get all our targets. Some of these signings were probably 5th choice. Ultimately everything is a compromise between both clubs, agents and players. I think it is too easy to forget the difficulty in landing the players we actually wanted and it's too easy for us fans to criticise..

Nothing wrong with moneyball. It tells you the cost of buying a player in the long term. That's so you don't pay over the odds for gifted but ageing players, or promising but unproven players. It's one part of the jigsaw. The problems come when the other bits are missing. It's always good to know the value of what you're buying.

I just remember last summer and the seemingly never ending list of players who were not known to me who ended up at VP.
It was always going to be a master stroke ( wolves) or a catastrophe.
I think we all know deep down how this has panned out.

But when we signed these players, plenty on here said just imagine what they will be like when Dean has coached them.

Well we've now got the results of that and most of them are tripe at best.

But when we signed these players, plenty on here said just imagine what they will be like when Dean has coached them.

Well we've now got the results of that and most of them are tripe at best.
Half were inherited and we knew they weren't up to it, some were brought back and the rest were new. If it is the coaching, some of these players need to be reassessed. McGrath only knows where we go from here. My own opinion (for what it's worth) is that you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear - too many sub-par players on the books......still.......when will it ever end?