Staying Up Thread 2019/20 | Page 15 | Vital Football

Staying Up Thread 2019/20

The problem with going down is that we will be left with nothing more than a stinking pile of shit for a squad and unless he goes a useless head of recruitment who will add more shit to the compost heap.

The problem with going down is that we will be left with nothing more than a stinking pile of shit for a squad and unless he goes a useless head of recruitment who will add more shit to the compost heap.
An expensive pile of.....

Yup a one shot deal, (unless we purchase it back of course and then repeat the legally acceptable move) but we made it put us in profit and given spending this year, our Prem revs cover that - so we are covered in short.

No rent I'm aware of, next accounts will show that, but I'd imagine nominal at best to tick the legal boxes.

This year has always been about trying to stay up (not even 50/50 going into the year) and accounting for the massive changes that were needed to give us a foundation even if we went back down.

We are largely balanced even on relegation given we didn't over throw spending in January, so in my mind now selling Jack is a choice, not a requirement - we can make up the rest with the sales of the likes of Lansbury that don't feature in our future + others who become free agents for FFP.

But please Sil - Man U shorts - Jack's were Kalvin Kline FFS and Mings hardly screamed Man U either, stop over blowing things because you're pissed off.

Balance and reality on this year is what matters. Rather than how pissed off we feel after a result and performance like that.

Like it or lump it, this season was always a gimme and yes I know we have Sunday and Monday's games to go - but there are still three clubs in a worse position and as a group all three have far greater experience at this level than we do.

Clubs above us are hardly light years away either. We're not 20 points adrift in 20th place are we.
Mings to Man U? On that showing Mansfield wouldn't touch the blighter.
Let's see where we are at the end of next month. Others like west ham and Watford are going through their tough fixtures. Unlike us they have more winnable games left.

We have now lost 43 of our last 65 top flight games and conceded 128 goals.

The scary thing is this current squad are miles better than the 2016 mob. The league is harder than back then as well. The gall of the likes of Lescott, Richards and Gabby popping up to give their worthless opinions on anything Aston Villa related staggers me.

I've got a gut feeling that we wont lose next week against Sheff Utd tho.....the comeback's on...can feel it in the old bones....!
This is where everyone is currently being led by the set up, managers and players. Smith has at last levelled desire etc now squarely at the players. Throwing them under the bus?? Maybe but they gave up in the last match. If there is no response with a changed team at Wembley or the game against a very good Sheffield it’s curtains and changes need to be made. Smith better back up his words with actions, look in the mirror and take the coaches to task. I get the feeling he will bottle it and again the players will get an easy ride.

Honesty dude?

The fans turn up in huge numbers to watch shite, do they not?

Intrigued by your post I think it is the exact opposite.

The team dont turn up half the time, us fans do?

That may have come across wrong.

I was just saying that some fans have us already relegated when we're not in the relegation zone and have plenty of games left, and I hope that the manager and team show us they haven't given up yet.

After yesterday, nah.

Watford and Norwich getting nothing again today by the looks of it. We won't keep on getting this lucky but where's the performance going to come from?

That Wet Spam final game looking more and more ominous.

This is where everyone is currently being led by the set up, managers and players. Smith has at last levelled desire etc now squarely at the players. Throwing them under the bus?? Maybe but they gave up in the last match. If there is no response with a changed team at Wembley or the game against a very good Sheffield it’s curtains and changes need to be made. Smith better back up his words with actions, look in the mirror and take the coaches to task. I get the feeling he will bottle it and again the players will get an easy ride.

Erm.....I’m not being ‘led’ by anyone. My post wasn’t a serious one....it was an attempt at a bit of humour amongst the gloom.....we don’t play Sheffield Utd next week because we’ve got the cup final....I defy even the most pessimistic to predict a loss in the league next weekend!

Mings to Man U? On that showing Mansfield wouldn't touch the blighter.
Let's see where we are at the end of next month. Others like west ham and Watford are going through their tough fixtures. Unlike us they have more winnable games left.
Mings' over-reliance on last ditch defending and his suspect decision making on the ball will see him badly exposed when playing at a higher level.

It
Mings' over-reliance on last ditch defending and his suspect decision making on the ball will see him badly exposed when playing at a higher level.
It's honestly difficult to make a judgement when the defence gets ZERO protection in front. Try a 3-5-2 at Wembley and see what happens. It's a free hit in a game no one expects us to win.

Whats the general mood then?

Destiny is still in our hands but yesterday made me think (a) the damage is done and (b) we're just sleepwalking toward the drop.

We are still out of the relegation zone and the teams in it aren't picking up points. As bad as we have been in recent weeks, it's not over yet. We need a jammy win and SJM back and we'll be back on the front foot.

We are still out of the relegation zone and the teams in it aren't picking up points. As bad as we have been in recent weeks, it's not over yet. We need a jammy win and SJM back and we'll be back on the front foot.

I am just a little scared BB.

We can all have our opinions on Deano and what should happen there but he shouldn't have to command his players from the sidelines to do the basics such as fight and show some bottle.

We're devoid of confidence, whats just as important as a jammy win is a win by the team playing to Deans instructions. I don't think they believe in him.

I am not sure I believe in him anymore.

I am just a little scared BB.

We can all have our opinions on Deano and what should happen there but he shouldn't have to command his players from the sidelines to do the basics such as fight and show some bottle.

We're devoid of confidence, whats just as important as a jammy win is a win by the team playing to Deans instructions. I don't think they believe in him.

I am not sure I believe in him anymore.

The tactics have been wrong from the start of the season. Playing open, attacking football was great last season when we had a better squad than most of the league but as an inexperienced side, we have been punished week after week in the PL.

If it was up to me, we'd play much more negative, effective football but then I'm a dinosaur.