Staying Up, Going Down, You Decide! | Page 4 | Vital Football

Staying Up, Going Down, You Decide!

I think Wilder and Farke will do exactly the same as Deano, in that they will play to win against the bottom half of the table and try and avoid being tonked by the Sky Six. I think one of Norwich or Sheff Utd will stay up.

Wonder what the odds on all promoted teams staying up are? Might be worth a punt if you are a betting man.

It's not impossible. You wouldn't predict it or expect it, but it could easily happen if everything magically clicks and just just falls into place.

Yup, I couldn't write anything off, or no, I have no clue re most of the new players. Also few question marks on our existing players.

Some seem sure of this, that and the other. I'm not, I'm along for the ride and hopeful, always the optimist, but don't think anyone will truly know until we get a few games under our belt.

Love how Smith is getting a style of play, think that could take us far.

Think we are sceptical after so many years of crap managers, players not being good enough, etc etc. We got back to the prem very quickly under Smith and i see no reason why we can't be a force here just as quick , We need to stop thinking how shit we have been, as we don't have that poor owner or bad manager anymore and there's some special players here now, still more to come. So to quote Mr Bruce, we will be there, or thereabouts.

People say we were only 5th in the Championship last season. But we grabbed 31 points from our final 12 games. That's astonishing, way ahead of anybody else. The PL is different, but we've a great basis for having a good crack at it. If we get Luiz in (and he proves to be as good as expected) we will have an all round better squad than last season.

I'd say the Premier League is made up of 5 tiers as follows -

Tier 1 -
Man City
Liverpool

Tier 2 -
Chelsea
Spurs
Arsenal
Man United

Tier 3 -
Wolves
West Ham
Leicester
Everton

Tier 4 -
Villa
Newcastle
Crystal Palace
Watford
Bournemouth
Burnley
Southampton
Brighton

Tier 5 -
Norwich
Sheff United

In short, I'd say anywhere between 11th and 18th would be a fair enough prediction. The margins and points difference will be minimal.

Any higher than 11th we're massively over achieving.

19th or 20th and we're massively under achieving.

Nice, I would put the top two tiers into one and relegate west ham down a division but I'm of a similar frame of mind.

Seems Brighton owners have given up and will just pocket the cash and parachutes without investing, they could do a Blackpool
Newcaśtle is a slow motion car crash
Sheff Utd a club gripped by infighting and politics coupled with a mediocre squad
We really ought to be staying up this year

I thought I was still in the twilight zone when I seen the title of this thread, after exiting the Mings, turned NRC thread. I then remembered that we aren't ameshed in relegation battles now and haven't been since our demise in 2015/16

I am greatly relieved to report that I have no doom and gloom thoughts to report and I do not expect us to be relegated or even struggling against. Solid middle table first season back I believe, we will have.

We have the right owners, manager, background staff and players are being built and just this below:

I have belief back which I haven't had for a long time. The future is bright. The future is Claret & Blue of The Midlands :utv::utv::utv:

Don't rule out your bjaneson, Lansbury, hogans of this world who are now fully bedded in at the club. The newbies will need 6-12 months to take root.

Finish above Norwich, sheff utd and Brighton. Sounds simple enough and if we do all of this windows investment will be covered.

Answering the worries of Idgavfc and Nobbyavfc about the club parting ways with Dean Smith at any time of the season.
Our owners are not silly, they have spent a fortune this summer backing Dean Smith's judgement. We have bought half a squad of players and they need to settle into the system of play the club have adopted, a system that is good on the eyes for once.
So even if the unthinkable does happen, I cannot for the life of me see Dean being replaced, it just wouldn't make sense. We'd have a squad used to playing the system, a manager with a year's experience in the premiership and the ability to come straight back up stronger and better equipped mentally to do better than just survive. Plus we'd have another £170m in the kitty.

No worries on my part bud, just making the point that it won't happen - but that if in some parallel universe it did happen, I'd give up football and take up knitting

I have more faith in the management team than the players they are signing.

Sounds weird but ......

i just don't know about the quality or experience of who have signed. With my claret and blue specs off for a moment and in the cold light of day we have spent quite a bit of money on players that are more than a bit.....who !!!!!!???????

However, after the exploits of last season and the way the management team performed with what was left to them squad and set up wise and then recruited in January i have faith that they know what they are doing .