Starting XI v Portsmouth? | Vital Football

Starting XI v Portsmouth?

It’ll be interesting to see if Kennedy goes with 3 at the back this weekend.

He said previously it’s a formation he’s used and enjoys, and with all 3 of Pompey’s goals at the weekend being headers, we may just see something a bit more conservative.

Jackson to join Poole and O’Connor, perhaps. Or move Eyoma inside and see what Jay Benn can do in a wingback role.

Intriguing times!

It’ll be interesting to see if Kennedy goes with 3 at the back this weekend.

He said previously it’s a formation he’s used and enjoys, and with all 3 of Pompey’s goals at the weekend being headers, we may just see something a bit more conservative.

Jackson to join Poole and O’Connor, perhaps. Or move Eyoma inside and see what Jay Benn can do in a wingback role.

Intriguing times!

Was that a recent quote? I don't think I noticed us playing it in pre-season, but I might have missed it. I thought we might be fairly wedded to a 4-3-3 or variation/would be a surprise if we played the 3. I do think it generally suits personnel as we are stronger at CB than in midfield.

If I were to guess it would be unchanged or Bishop starting, probably instead of TOB on early signs. With him then coming on.

As the question says who would be in mine and I'd go back 3

Rushworth
Poole Jackson O'Connor
Eyoma Sorensen Sanders Robson
Scully
Hopper House

Subs: Wright Roughan Bishop Kendall Adelakun Makama Vernam

I'm sure MK will stick with a 4 at the back

Rushworth
Bishop Poole O'connor Robson
Sanders sorensen maguire
Vernam hopper adelakun

Was that a recent quote? I don't think I noticed us playing it in pre-season, but I might have missed it. I thought we might be fairly wedded to a 4-3-3 or variation/would be a surprise if we played the 3. I do think it generally suits personnel as we are stronger at CB than in midfield.

If I were to guess it would be unchanged or Bishop starting, probably instead of TOB on early signs. With him then coming on.

Believe he said in his first or second interview something along the lines of preferring 4-3-3, but has experience of using 3-4-3 and 4-4-2, and can see the benefits of all three different systems.

I don't think he will mess around with the defense, and will play a back four.

Same team for me except Bishop in for Oakley-Booth:-

Rushworth
Eyoma Poole O'Connor Robson
Sanders Sorensen Bishop
Scully Hopper Adelakun

If Vernam is fit, I think he will have to make do with a spot on the bench, as I don't think Adelakun deserves to be left out after Saturday.