Starting XI v Gillingham? | Page 3 | Vital Football

Starting XI v Gillingham?

Just picked up a tweet from Radio Lincolnshire. Walsh is doing the press conference so hopefully a good sign there.

I know he had his aberration vs Doncaster but I think Walsh is the most vital for a team like Gillingham.

Potential 2/3 defenders missing. Hopefully a few mind games being played, but what an embarrassing situation with injuries this season.

Having watched Michael Appleton's press conference my reading of the situation/guess is that the two/three defenders unavailable are Montsma, Melbourne and either Eyoma or Jackson.

Rob Makepeace asked him at the start if all central defenders were fit - well obviously Montsma isn't so it was a silly question.

Joe Walsh (on iFollow) says he's fit.

Given availability I’d like to see something like

Griffiths
Norton-Cuffey Poole Walsh Jackson Bramall
Sanders McGrandles
Scully
Marquis Hopper

Not a chance of it happening though.

Like many on here, I'll be glad to get through this season and start again. I have to ask if our medicals before signings are adequate. Team for tomorrow : Walsh and Jackson if fit. Our most physically robust players, so no start for Whittaker and Hopper gets 60 minutes or more. I appreciate Reagan Poole'so toughness and determination more each game.

The last 4 games we have gained 4 points from games where we should of got 7 minimum all this since a couple of the scapegoats haven’t played.Points haul from Boxing Day is 13.We have changed players and positions for players regularly but still getting poor results.Will we get the three points today ? against a poor team who will play the same way as Doncaster did, hopefully we can take our chances as I fear it could be a frustrating afternoon