Starting XI v Crewe Alexandra? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Starting XI v Crewe Alexandra?

Vickers
Eardley Shackell Wharton Toffolo
Bostwick Pett
Mensah McCartan Andrade
Green.

Just give a couple of players a wake up call about the competition in this squad and a bit of a rest to come back invigorated for next couple of weeks.
Seriously? Harry and Freck did well at Tranmere
AS for Akinde he’s the player the opposition fear the most. Moved family up, worked hard on fitness, playing well, just needs a goal and OUR SUPPORT!

Counter attacking: oops my bad. Should have said "attacking down the flanks".

Agree with Akinde position in that he requires support. Needs to recapture the belief he showed at Exeter, where he was at times unplayable.

Wish all would have more shots instead of taking those extra fractions of a seconds to try and score a perfect goal.

Seriously? Harry and Freck did well at Tranmere
AS for Akinde he’s the player the opposition fear the most. Moved family up, worked hard on fitness, playing well, just needs a goal and OUR SUPPORT!
I do support the guy as I support the whole team. But players can’t play 50 games a season and it may be a good time to remind him of the competition.

But players can’t play 50 games a season...

That could start a lengthy thread by itself. During possibly the most successful season in the club's history, no fewer than seven players made 50 or more appearances and three more made 45 and over. That is practically the whole team.

That could start a lengthy thread by itself. During possibly the most successful season in the club's history, no fewer than seven players made 50 or more appearances and three more made 45 and over. That is practically the whole team.
Whether the Cowley's did that through lack of choice/options or because they wanted to do I would guess is the only counter to that.

I still think there are many people who agree with me - Akinde hasn't done anything wrong and should he be dropped, it is not for poor performance - more as a reminder of our squad depth.

That isn't a lack of support to him.

Whether the Cowley's did that through lack of choice/options or because they wanted to do I would guess is the only counter to that.

I still think there are many people who agree with me - Akinde hasn't done anything wrong and should he be dropped, it is not for poor performance - more as a reminder of our squad depth.

That isn't a lack of support to him.
He’ll get his rest on Tuesday. Needs more league games and needs a goal to build confidence- only a fab save stopped him on Tuesday

He’ll get his rest on Tuesday. Needs more league games and needs a goal to build confidence- only a fab save stopped him on Tuesday
I don’t know that’s being dropped for a checkatrade game reminds him of the competition. For me that says you’re much better and this competition is not worth as much. (This is most likely true but not the message I think D&N May want to send out.)

Needs to be dropped to be reminded of the competition implies he is not fully motivated. The team has been playing really well with Akinde leading the line.. i wouldnt change it.

Maybe Wharton will play though.