Starting XI v Crewe Alexandra? | Vital Football

Starting XI v Crewe Alexandra?

Vickers
Eardley Shackell Wharton Toffolo
Bostwick Pett
Mensah McCartan Andrade
Green.

Just give a couple of players a wake up call about the competition in this squad and a bit of a rest to come back invigorated for next couple of weeks.

Vickers
Eardley Shackell Wharton Toffolo
Bostwick Pett
Mensah McCartan Andrade
Green.

Just give a couple of players a wake up call about the competition in this squad and a bit of a rest to come back invigorated for next couple of weeks.
Mensah seriously? I havent seen anything in him whatsoever.

Gordon perhaps. Haven’t seen either be but heard more good stuff about Mensah.

He's not enough minutes to make a real judgement either way.

He expectedly looked a bit off the pace the Mansfield cup game but did whip in some enticing crosses against franchise FC.

We have the Checkatrade next week and that's when the likes of Mensah, Wharton and Gordon will get a run out.

Saturday will be same as Tuesday with the only possible change being O'Connor for Pett or McCartan to give them a bit of a rest

Vickers
Eardley
Boswick
Shackell
Toffolo
Anderson
Freck
Pett
Andrade
McCartan
Akinde

We were extremely unlucky not to be out of site after an exhilarating first half against Tranmere. I don't understand the obsession with tinkering with the lineup - we can do that against Scunthorpe.

We have the Checkatrade next week and that's when the likes of Mensah, Wharton and Gordon will get a run out.

Saturday will be same as Tuesday with the only possible change being O'Connor for Pett or McCartan to give them a bit of a rest
wharton will be checkatrade-suspended again...

We were extremely unlucky not to be out of site after an exhilarating first half against Tranmere. I don't understand the obsession with tinkering with the lineup - we can do that against Scunthorpe.[/QUOTE]
There's been much less tinkering than expected this season. Personally I love a good tinker with the line up.

I think when you play well and lose you tend to give the same team another go at it - all other things being equal.

Vickers
Eardley
Boswick
Shackell
Toffolo
Anderson
Freck
Pett
Andrade
McCartan
Akinde

We were extremely unlucky not to be out of site after an exhilarating first half against Tranmere. I don't understand the obsession with tinkering with the lineup - we can do that against Scunthorpe.

I agree.

We were out of sight but also out of goals at Tranmere. In recent weeks I thought we have played better away than at home, drawing teams forward and counter attacking down the flanks. It certainly worked well first half against Tranmere, and we were unlucky.

On Saturday Crewe will be coming for a point, and hoping they can score from a break. There is a concern about the lack of pace of our centre backs, but on balance would leave things as they are. If struggling we may need to bring on Wharton and, up front, Green comparatively early.

we didn't really draw tranmere forward in the first half. or counter attack. they hardly got out of their half for the first 30 mins. we just moved the ball around so quickly+accurately that they couldn't get near it.

Think he served it v Mansfield, clear to play now.
has anyone ever said it was a one match ban?
depends whether this was deemed a one match ban offence... or a three match ban offence.
based on what happened to billy knott, i would expect 3.

I think it was 3 but 2 matches were served at the end via Blackburn still being in the competition. I'm sure Danny mentioned it?

We were out of sight but also out of goals at Tranmere. In recent weeks I thought we have played better away than at home, drawing teams forward and counter attacking down the flanks. It certainly worked well first half against Tranmere, and we were unlucky.

On Saturday Crewe will be coming for a point, and hoping they can score from a break. There is a concern about the lack of pace of our centre backs, but on balance would leave things as they are. If struggling we may need to bring on Wharton and, up front, Green comparatively early.

Was going to say we weren't counterattacking, we swarmed all over them, but nlondonimp beat me to it. More of the same, same starting XI, repeat that intensity and accuracy and Crewe won't live with it unless exceptionally committed and lucky like Tranny, we need revenge for last season and show Tuesday's result was a freak. But better use of subs, please.