Starting XI V Braintree Town? | Vital Football

Starting XI V Braintree Town?

Depends who's fit after Dover - need to bring in a couple more players - invest now to restore the position we were in before these last 3 games - notice Alex Simmons is scoring regularly at Halifax - another 2 today

This time last week Tom Champion was already on the team sheet. Right now surely only the very best in our squad have place v Braintree.

Too early to put ideas forward yet, shake up time for a number of them.

Farman
Beevers Waterfall Raggett Habergham
Anderson (New Signing) Woodyard Arnold
(New Signing) Marriott

Farman
Beevers Waterfall Raggett Habergham
Wood Woodyard
Anderson Marriott Arnold
Bonne

The perfect time for a shake-up of formation and line-up.

New Signing
New Signing New Signing New Signing New Signing

New Signing Woodyard New Signing New Signing

New Signing New Signing

DaBi - 24/9/2016 17:56

New Signing
New Signing New Signing New Signing New Signing

New Signing Woodyard New Signing New Signing

New Signing New Signing

Very good, I was tempted with that one.

Farman
Beevers Waterfall McCombe Habergham
Anderson Power Woodyard Arnold
Hawkridge
Rhead

Bench - Muldoon Raggett Wood Marriott Hangman
Any player needlessly thumping it head high to Rhead to be immediately substituted, hanged, drawn, quartered and fed to the pigs!

It will be;

A N Other
A N Other A N Other A N Other A N Other
A N Other CHAMPION A N Other A N Other
A N Other A N Other

:pointy:

NottyImp - 24/9/2016 19:17

It will be;

A N Other
A N Other A N Other A N Other A N Other
A N Other CHAMPION A N Other A N Other
A N Other A N Other

:pointy:

Make him centre forward and then we can really park the bus. :pointy:

We just need to get back to what took us to the top of he league. Beevers right back (poor last season different player this season), Beevers so unlucky to have been omitted. Wood in the middle of the park as despite the criticism of his pass completion his play compliments Woodyard and he give us the 'bite' we require in the middle of the park. High and Lows we are in a low we will bounce back what better way theme Braintree

Champion isn't the only player that has looked poor over the past few days, but i would drop him for the Braintree game. As has been said, let's go back to what worked earlier.

The problem started against Torquay.
Time and time again they counter attacked swiftly and we had no-one in front of the back four as we were committed up front.
The obvious answer was to play a holding/defensive midfielder and that is what the managers did....unfortunately it unbalanced the team.
In my opinion Champion should have trained with the squad for a lot longer rather than being thrown in straight away. We looked disjointed, we didn't press as we had done before and certainly didn't look the attacking force that we were.
I believe the Cowleys were doing the right thing but probably went the wrong way about it.......

ImpfromWashy - 25/9/2016 09:01

Time and time again they counter attacked swiftly and we had no-one in front of the back four as we were committed up front.
The obvious answer was to play a holding/defensive midfielder and that is what the managers did....unfortunately it unbalanced the team.
In my opinion Champion should have trained with the squad for a lot longer rather than being thrown in straight away. We looked disjointed, we didn't press as we had done before and certainly didn't look the attacking force that we were.
I believe the Cowleys were doing the right thing but probably went the wrong way about it.......

It seems a bit rash to make such a big change based one 1 game!

SIMJON - 25/9/2016 09:04

One game that we bloody well WON!

NottyImp - 25/9/2016 09:26

And followed it up by beating the leaders away (and a clean sheet) to go top ourselves.

SIMJON - 25/9/2016 09:35

NottyImp - 25/9/2016 09:26

And followed it up by beating the leaders away (and a clean sheet) to go top ourselves.

So yes, the problem did start at Torquay, but not the way people think!

Well said Notty
What people have to understand Wood isn't probably the best passer of the ball but in midfield he's there to stop the other team creating anything and that's what Champion can't do because he's to slow and doesn't harrass the opponents like Wood does.

^^ this. Champion has hardly proved to be an accurate, or regular passer. or have the tenacious tackling of wood.
I wonder what the comparative stats are between the two.

My line up would be:

Farman

Beevers - Waterfall - Raggett (if fit, if not McCombe) - Habergham

Wood - Woodyard - Hawkridge - Arnold

Rhead - Muldoon

Bench:
Anderson
Marriott
Power
Bonne
McCombe (if Raggett is fit)