Starmer and Raynor Durham FPN confirmed (N/G) | Vital Football

Starmer and Raynor Durham FPN confirmed (N/G)

Question for Valencia…

…why would Starmer take out a super injunction to stop news leaking when the cops have cleared him?

Perhaps GB News isn’t reliable source after all?

Not sure if this is a good thing or bad thing for the Labour Party. On recent performances, if Andy Burnham were leader of the party, that would walk the next election, with Starmer at the helm, its going to be closer than it should be!!!

Question for Valencia…

…why would Starmer take out a super injunction to stop news leaking when the cops have cleared him?

Perhaps GB News isn’t reliable source after all?

If there had been a super injunction G Beebies wouldn’t have been talking about it anyway

Not sure if this is a good thing or bad thing for the Labour Party. On recent performances, if Andy Burnham were leader of the party, that would walk the next election, with Starmer at the helm, its going to be closer than it should be!!!
Burnham is not a sitting MP, so couldn't be leader.

Burnham isn't an MP and would need to find a seat and get elected first. I quite like him but he's had an easier run than Starmer. Biggest mark against him, Yvette Cooper et al is just how weak and unconvincing their campaigns were last time round. Corbyn won for a reason.

Well firstly it's a fantastic thing for labour, as they retain the moral high ground over the tories.

Keir is a shrewed operator, who just needs to be more of a salesman - his personal achievements are ridiculous when you look in to them, he just needs to start crowing about them more.

I like Burnham.
He could do well if he gets back into main stream politics.
There is a safe seat somewhere for him.
If only he was as impressive when he was an MP, things could have been different.
Once outside, it’s easy to talk the talk.
I’ve always maintained that the best job is to be an opposition MP.
Say what you want because you don’t have to back it up with actions.
It’s only in government do we find out that they are nearly all promoted to a level beyond their competence.

I like Burnham.
He could do well if he gets back into main stream politics.
There is a safe seat somewhere for him.
If only he was as impressive when he was an MP, things could have been different.
Once outside, it’s easy to talk the talk.
I’ve always maintained that the best job is to be an opposition MP.
Say what you want because you don’t have to back it up with actions.
It’s only in government do we find out that they are nearly all promoted to a level beyond their competence.

Being a mayor of a major city like Manchester or London is in many ways a better showcase of your PM credentials than being a minister. A major city mayor has to deal with the same range of complex issues as a PM but on a smaller scale.

Andy Burnham was on the telly a couple of days ago, he was saying that the train drivers needed more money, Healthcare workers needed more money, Teachers needed more money, the disabled needed more money but didn't come up with one solution on where all this extra money was coming from. Opposition is a lot easier than being in power, anyone can find fault its finding the answers that's the hard bit.

Andy Burnham was on the telly a couple of days ago, he was saying that the train drivers needed more money, Healthcare workers needed more money, Teachers needed more money, the disabled needed more money but didn't come up with one solution on where all this extra money was coming from.

Agreed, the point is here though that the opposition should be holding the incumbents to account and saying what is needed.

Though it helps, they don't specifically need to offer solutions/methods until they draft a manifesto, as they aren't the ones in the weeds with the information available to actually do it. Additionally, if they say that "x" needs to be done, it can make the incumbent less keen to do it, as credit would go to the opposition, and delay the action actually happening due to the pettiness of party politics.

Example here would be Labour pushing for windfall taxes energy companies to cover cost of living measures, which the tories did take up, only after a lot of fannying around waiting because it would give credit to labour.

No they don't have to come up with solutions that is why it is easy to look good and play to the crowd. Manifestos are rarely stuck to they all come up with excuses, one being we didn't realise how bad things were until we got into power. How many times have we all heard that one.

That’s why I have no time for the Libdems.
Rattled on for years about what they would do in power, then got a bit and were absolutely clueless.
They only really had one serious manifesto pledge and in power, didn’t do it.
Then the seriously misjudged Brexit policy of immediate reversal when they formed a government.
That turned out well 😂

That’s why I have no time for the Libdems.
Rattled on for years about what they would do in power, then got a bit and were absolutely clueless.
They only really had one serious manifesto pledge and in power, didn’t do it.
Then the seriously misjudged Brexit policy of immediate reversal when they formed a government.
That turned out well 😂
The Lib Dems annoy me at best and make my toes cringe at worst, but you make it sound like they had equal share in the coalition when they were nothing more than what Northern Irish lot were the other year.

The Lib Dems annoy me at best and make my toes cringe at worst, but you make it sound like they had equal share in the coalition when they were nothing more than what Northern Irish lot were the other year.
The Lib Dems had several cabinet ministers, I think 7, I don't think the "northern Irish lot" had any, they were bribed in other ways.