Stan Bowles RIP | Vital Football

Stan Bowles RIP

One thing said of Stan mainly in jest. 'If he could pass a betting shop as well as he could pass a football he would be a rich man. RIP
I doubt it even talented players got poorly paid in those.days.I would hazard a guess that there.are a few league one and possibly two players who earn more today in equivalent wages.

Very skilful. I originally thought he was a bit too much of a showboater for my taste but then even Cloughie signed him and he was a pretty good judge of a player.

RIP Stan.

I was given a football kit for Christmas every year as a young kid in the early 70s. One year it was the hoops of QPR and I followed them for quite a few seasons before discovering the Gills. It coincided with the team that included Bowles, Francis, Givens, Thomas, with Phil Parkes in goal. The clubs heyday.

RIP Stan

I was given a football kit for Christmas every year as a young kid in the early 70s. One year it was the hoops of QPR and I followed them for quite a few seasons before discovering the Gills. It coincided with the team that included Bowles, Francis, Givens, Thomas, with Phil Parkes in goal. The clubs heyday.

RIP Stan
Are we twins :-) ?

RIP Stan
Thomas was another underrated player.