Stags v Forest match day thread (Keeping our 100% record?) | Page 4 | Vital Football

Stags v Forest match day thread (Keeping our 100% record?)

Pope John XXIII - 22/7/2017 17:05

Bad_Dog - 22/7/2017 16:48

Rochdale beat Boro 2-0 with Britt playing.... meanwhile Vellios gets 3 in 60 minutes of football.

Irrelevant really. We wouldn't be a bad team if we lost every game and neither are Boro.

You can lose every game and have a great pre-season.

Much more important is developing a cohesive first 11 (not sure we are quite yet), developing fitness (yep) bedding new players in (more or less) and avoiding injuries (so far so good).

Is the next game Burnley?

Again, won't be a good sign if we win nor a bad one if we lose- all about how the players get on and fit together.

Feels like there haven't been many pre season games this year?

Girona isn't it?

Pope John XXIII - 22/7/2017 17:09

You at that one PVH?

You relying on Clanger and Cornflakes banter here Pope? They'll be claiming some Zara right there.

Just got back
Nice football and lovely goals.

Yes Mansfield are gash but encouraging football and smart passing between the younguns

Pope John XXIII - 22/7/2017 18:05

Rochdale beat Boro 2-0 with Britt playing.... meanwhile Vellios gets 3 in 60 minutes of football.

Irrelevant really. We wouldn't be a bad team if we lost every game and neither are Boro.

Much more important is developing a cohesive first 11 (not sure we are quite yet), developing fitness (yep) bedding new players in (more or less) and avoiding injuries (so far so good).

Again, won't be a good sign if we win nor a bad one if we lose- all about how the players get on and fit together.

Thanks Pope, for a moment there I was happy about a nice 4-0 preseason victory.
I'm back to 'misery' now. It was close though.

McDurbanForest - 22/7/2017 17:54

Pope John XXIII - 22/7/2017 18:05

Thanks Pope, for a moment there I was happy about a nice 4-0 preseason victory.
I'm back to 'misery' now. It was close though.

How is that post miserable?

I'm saying that pre season seems to be going quite well and it doesn't matter if we don't win the next couple of games?

Mikeyboy66 - 22/7/2017 17:37

Just got back

Yes Mansfield are gash but encouraging football and smart passing between the younguns

It was one of the positives against county

Theres plenty of gash teams out there. We should take some heart regarding the passages of play and the style MW evidently wants us to play.

As for JP being at the next game

:10: :19: :10: :19: :10: :19: :10: :19:

:59: :126: :59:

Hes saving all his money for highlights

Pope John XXIII - 22/7/2017 17:05

Exactly it doesn't matter if we win or lose these games. So we can experiment like putting Brereton in a wing back position. There may come a time when we have to try something different. No more radical than putting an attacker at centre back. It's well known that Warburton likes his players to be flexible. I would agree that it doesn't matter if we win or lose . . . So long as we learn from the experience. Either way there's stuff to learn.

I disagree, winning any game breeds confidence and the winning mentality. We looked really good today. Some good, slick passing and we got better as the game progressed.

Some good contributions by young players. Never seen 9 players substituted at one point before early in the second half. The team at the end looked even better. Vellios looked good. Tore them apart.

Apollyon - 22/7/2017 18:06

Mikeyboy66 - 22/7/2017 17:37

Just got back

It was one of the positives against county

Theres plenty of gash teams out there. We should take some heart regarding the passages of play and the style MW evidently wants us to play.

As for JP being at the next game

:10: :19: :10: :19: :10: :19: :10: :19:

:59: :126: :59:

Hes saving all his money for highlights

I saw you mention "highlights" a couple of weeks back #####. And I'd like to categorically state right here and now, not only do I not have highlights, I have never dyed my hair or had highlights in my hair in my entire life.

Perhaps therefore this proves beyond reasonable doubt that I'm clearly not who you think I am?! Well it would to any sane individual who doesn't stalk someone on an internet site for numerous years, presumably in an attempt to befriend someone who wants nothing to do with you :19:

I went. Shite first half easy second half. We desperately need centre midfielders. Cohen was shite as usual. Amazed we gave him a nee contract. Not too sure about the olympiacos player either. Mckay looks impressive. Great third goal finished off by vellios. I do like stags, hope they do the double over notts and get promotion.

RedRoss - 22/7/2017 18:21

Trouble is pope you just have to say hello and everyone reaches for the rope lol :10:

Not you Ross.

You reach straight for the hotline to Charlie Austin's dad, isn't that right?

Ha Ha...not going to get into an argument with you pope...that was not the intention...you do seem very reactive at present.
I don't care what you believe...he is still running a Bwk company...I am still managing sites and he is still my friend although moved away from that area a while back.
Anyway...on this forum...it's my only claim.
But anyway...calm down pope :16:

They should have given Mansfield their own ball, because we didn't let them use the one we were playing with. Also I sat behind the Forest dug out, I couldn't believe how calm and considered MW was when compared to previous Reds' managers.

Cummings and Makay...sounds like a good malt whiskey ...methinks for what we paid,a good investment....Vellios is going to take some shifting if he keeps banging them in ...looked sharp