Sri Lanka v England | Vital Football

Sri Lanka v England

England now 73-2

Hope the England supporter who has been stuck in Sri Lanka since the original tour was cancelled last March gets to see the action.

Dunno anything about Lawrence - I keep thinking of Davis 'Syd' Lawrence of Gloucs!

Root's back in form then!

Dunno anything about Lawrence - I keep thinking of Davis 'Syd' Lawrence of Gloucs!

Root's back in form then!

His Dad exhibiting the almost unknown trait of not back seat driving the career of a son many times more talented than he was...lovely to hear!

Joe Root serenely progressing on another massive score...

I think I saw a stat which says if he makes 198 or more in this innings his batting average goes back to 50.00

I’ve been critical of Root in the past because I thought he got too many quick 40s and 50s but didn't go in and make big, telling scores when it mattered. He has been fantastic here, this sort of form puts him right up there with Williamson and Kohli.

I’ve been critical of Root in the past because I thought he got too many quick 40s and 50s but didn't go in and make big, telling scores when it mattered. He has been fantastic here, this sort of form puts him right up there with Williamson and Kohli.

I don't think it's a coincidence that this is his first series after an extended break...

Thrilling finish to this second game - great turnaround from England. The pitch must have deteriorated big time to favour the spinners so much.

Incredible, the England seamers got all the wickets in the first and the spinners all the wickets in the second. Embuldinya had a great series and was unlucky to finish up on the losing side.

England again having problems with a left arm spinner, I am glad Jadeja is likely to miss the upcoming series. Superb performance from Root he looked on a different planet to the other batsmen.

Roll on to Chennai.