Squad Versatility | Vital Football

Squad Versatility

imps1

Vital 1st Team Regular
So looking at last night and what we already know about the players, it looks like we have plenty of options with a smallish squad. Just lacking a GK, Striker and maybe 1 more Midfielder should Bradley go out on Loan.

Right Back
Lewis
Eyoma
Bradley

Left Back
Melbourne
Edun
Roughan

Centre Back
Jackson
Walsh
Eyoma
Montsma
Roughan
Melbourne

Midfield
Bridcutt
Edun
Jones
McGrandles
Bradley
Grant

Wingers
Grant
Zak
Scully
Archibald
Anderson
Adebayo-Smith

Strikers
Hopper
Scully
Adebayo-Smith

It's not just about versatility for the sake of it though. The players have to be able to do a good job that doesn't disrupt team flow when they fill in somewhere. On last night's evidence they seemed to be making a good fist of that and in his post match interview MA seemed very pleased with that aspect of play.

MA sees it as a proactive thing - being able to fluidly switch formation between or in games to counter different opposition tactics. In the past I dare say we haven't had the combination of numbers or players to be able to do that effectively.

In recent times we really struggled towards the end of the L2 Cowley play off season where we were stuck with 4-4-2 and no left side which probably explained why he went belt and braces during the January window the following season.

Last edited:
So looking at last night and what we already know about the players, it looks like we have plenty of options with a smallish squad. Just lacking a GK, Striker and maybe 1 more Midfielder should Bradley go out on Loan.

Right Back
Lewis
Eyoma
Bradley

Left Back
Melbourne
Edun
Roughan

Centre Back
Jackson
Walsh
Eyoma
Montsma
Roughan
Melbourne

Midfield
Bridcutt
Edun
Jones
McGrandles
Bradley
Grant

Wingers
Grant
Zak
Scully
Archibald
Anderson
Adebayo-Smith

Strikers
Hopper
Scully
Adebayo-Smith

I think it’s pretty certain Bradley and Adebayo-Smith will go out on loan somewhere according to MA last night.

I'd keep them we're going to need the whole squad more than ever this season as we're going to be playing Saturday Tuesday for large parts of the season and it's going to put huge pressure on the squad.

I'd keep them we're going to need the whole squad more than ever this season as we're going to be playing Saturday Tuesday for large parts of the season and it's going to put huge pressure on the squad.
Agreed mate, I was impressed with Bradley, got forward well in the first half in particular with a couple of decent efforts on goal.

Agreed mate, I was impressed with Bradley, got forward well in the first half in particular with a couple of decent efforts on goal.

I guess the money will be used to have an extra body in, though you wouldn’t think Bradley and Adebayo are high earners.

I think it’s pretty certain Bradley and Adebayo-Smith will go out on loan somewhere according to MA last night.

That would make sense. I would that expect later on in the season that he will replace these with incoming loan players that he can realistically use.