Squad Numbers | Vital Football

Squad Numbers

callaway

Vital Youth Team
Has anybody any news when squad numbers will be annouced and how many players will be getting them. Also wonder if any with numbers already will be getting different numbers. example Guedioura has nimber 5 last season but can see Dawson getting that number this.

You would have thought that the squad numbers would have been announced at the same time the new away shirts were revealed. They will obviously be sorted before Saturday! Meanwhile I will settle for them sorting me out a season card that actually lets me get into the ground!

See on main NFFC site they have updated 1st team squad. 25 players. Ryan Yates in. Clough, Mancienne, McKay, Ward, Evtimov, Henderson and Vellios all missing. Lets hope they can move them on

See on main NFFC site they have updated 1st team squad. 25 players. Ryan Yates in. Clough, Mancienne, McKay, Ward, Evtimov, Henderson and Vellios all missing. Lets hope they can move them on
McKay should be done and dusted in the next few days. One down, a few more to go...

Looking at the video of the players having their pictures taken this afternoon it looks like a few of them have changed squad numbers from last season.

If you go to what I call the official NFFC Panini sticker page Luke Steele has been added, but interestingly all those that were on your missing list are back on, except for McKay, who has actually left. Back up to 33 players at the moment!

On a slightly more serious note, if you were 1-0 down with 15 minutes left Ward isn't the player you would bring on. However if you were 1-0 up and wanted a winger to protect the lead, he is just what you need.

Ward is a hardworking player but we have Goncalves, Dias, Lolley, Cash, Osborn (when not LB) and Soudani(?) all ahead of him now so probably better to get him off the wage bill.

31 names listed!!!!!

1. Costel Pantilimon
2. Hillal Soudani
3. Tobias Figueiredo
4. Danny Fox
5. Adlene Guedioura
6. Jack Colback
7. Lewis Grabban
8. Ben Watson
9. Daryl Murphy
10. João Carvalho
11. Ben Osborn
12. Jordan Smith
14. Matty Cash
15. Luke Steele
17. Ben Brereton
18. Jack Robinson
19. Diogo Gonçalves
20. Michael Dawson
22. Ryan Yates
23. Joe Lolley
26. Liam Bridcutt
27. Tendayi Darikwa
28. Thomas Lam
31. Gil Dias
33. Dimitar Evtimov
35. Jamie Ward
38. Gboly Ariyibi
39. Apostolos Vellios
40. Zach Clough
41. Stephen Henderson
42. Joe Worrall

Last edited:
Can't believe these players have been given squad numbers but I suppose we can still move them on at any time.

Still a bigger squad than Kranky wanted but getting rid of this lot would
take us down to 25 his proposed number.

33. Dimitar Evtimov
35. Jamie Ward
38. Gboly Ariyibi
39. Apostolos Vellios
40. Zach Clough
41. Stephen Henderson

Last edited:
Can't believe these players have been given squad numbers but I suppose we can still move them on at any time.

Still a bigger squad than Kranky wanted but getting rid of this lot would
take us down to 25 his proposed number.

33. Dimitar Evtimov
35. Jamie Ward
38. Gboly Ariyibi
39. Apostolos Vellios
40. Zach Clough
41. Stephen Henderson

In this day and age with court cases over unfair dismissal, harassment etc the club probably think it's best to put the pictures back on and give them squad numbers just in case! No Traore or Mancienne though?

5 Goalkeepers with Squad Number!! How ridiculous!!

Is there something in the rules that says you have to give a squad number to a player who had one the season before if they are still on the books because I can't understand how Henderson & Evtimov are listed.

In this day and age with court cases over unfair dismissal, harassment etc the club probably think it's best to put the pictures back on and give them squad numbers just in case! No Traore or Mancienne though?

Traore & Mancienne have gone mate!!

Last edited: