Spurs V Newport replay | Vital Football

Spurs V Newport replay

Nick Real Deal

Vital Football Legend
This is interesting now because some of our players need a rest IMO. But we can't take the game for granted.

Toby, Rose, Aurier , Wanyama and Winks may be ready. Kane will want to play I guess, Lamela should probably start instead of Son.

Vorm, Aurier, Sanchez, Toby, Rose, Wanyama, Winks, Lamela, Dele, Son, Kane.

Take Kane off as soon as we go 2 up, regardless of the time lol

Son needs dropping, his form is deteriorating.

Perfect game for Toby, Foyth, Wana, Winks. Add some youngsters to the team as well and we should win comfortably.

We played a strong team and struggled last time. Having said that the pitch should demote Newport to their true level.

It's getting the right balance while avoiding injury to key players.

Get the win, and keep pressing for hardware. Need to win at least one damn trophy at some point.

USAFSPURS - 5/2/2018 12:49

Get the win, and keep pressing for hardware. Need to win at least one damn trophy at some point.

That's easy to say but with players marginal on fitness like Toby, Rose, Aurier, Wanyama, Dembele and Winks it's not so easy to get the balance. Couple that with players that need a break like Dier, Son and Alli and add in the protection angle from Donkey low level players who could miss time a challenge and take out one of our key players.

Vorm
Trippier, Foyth, Sanchez, Walker-Peters
Lamela, Wanyama, Sissoko, Moura/Son
Llorente, Kane

If that team cant comfortably beat Newport at home then we really are in trouble. It also allows
rest time for Davies, Verts, dier, Eriksen Dembele and Dele. Toby and Winks could e given game time depending on their fitness levels. COYS!

It's a tough team selection as we don't know the fitness of Toby, Rose although we saw Aurier and Winks take their place on the bench on Sunday. We also don't know what is the score with Lucas. To give players a rest and give others a go, my team would be something like:

Vorm
Aurier, Toby, Foyth, Rose
Wanyama, Winks
Lucas, Eriksen, Lamela
Llorente

Still tempted to play Kane though as I don't have much faith in Llorente.

Not getting the job done first time round has come back to bite spurs on the bum. The FA cup is the best chance of silverware and is sorely needed as winning it will breed confidence and keep the players happy for now. Spurs should be able to rest at least 5 so get the job done then go beat the gooners. Coys

Well, I don't think we'll see Dele start this game...

I like Mutt's line-up above. It would be great to avoid starting Eriksen and... ahem... may be starting Sissoko instead.

Vorm
Aurier - Foyth - Toby - Rose
Wanyama - Winks
Sissoko - Lamela - Lucas
Llorente

Subs: Gazzaniga, Jan, Davies, Dier, Dembele, Eriksen, Kane

Newport mgr has apologised for the dossier. Too late mate. I have compiled my own dossier on Newport.

You are a bunch of agricultural Donkeys and we are going to batter you.

MP says he is not obsessed with winning trophies. Kane says he'd give up 100 goals to lift pl trophy. I much prefer Kane's attitude towards winning trophies. Mp must be the only top6 manger who is not obsessed with winning stuff.

Palmover - 6/2/2018 16:32

MP says he is not obsessed with winning trophies. Kane says he'd give up 100 goals to lift pl trophy. I much prefer Kane's attitude towards winning trophies. Mp must be the only top6 manger who is not obsessed with winning stuff.

I thought MP was just saying he doesn't feel the pressure to win a trophy this season. He's said plenty of times that he is obsessive over trying to win the PL and CL, but hasn't really spoken about the others competitions as much.

Matic - 6/2/2018 16:57

Palmover - 6/2/2018 16:32

I thought MP was just saying he doesn't feel the pressure to win a trophy this season. He's said plenty of times that he is obsessive over trying to win the PL and CL, but hasn't really spoken about the others competitions as much.

Yeah, agree with Matic. His focus if the league, as is Kane's.

He said today it will be a rotated team and 90 % have appeared in the CL.

Vorm, Aurier, Toby , Foyth , Rose, Winks, Wanyama, Sissoko, Eriksen, Lamela, Kane.

Some players need some time before the weekend NLD.

_________Vorm________
Serge_Toby_Foyth_Rose
_____Winks_Victor_____
__Lamela___Eriksen___
_____Kane_Llorente___

[Gazzinga, Sanchez, Tripp, KWP, Sissoko, Dier, Vert)

Spurs 7 Exiles 0

(Kane 2, Lamela 2, Llorente, Toby, KWP)

COYS!

On paper at Wembley we should have much too much for them, assuming of course we take it seriously. Hope and expect Toby, Vic, Danny and Coco to get 90 mins, or certainly a good hour or so.....then if and when we do the might of Rochdale await..... again on paper that should be us into the hat again. Really want us to go for the cup and with our Wembley connection, this really could be a brilliant opportunity to grab our first trophy in far too long a time

Really could do with this game being wrapped up by half time. Need our full squad ready and available for LeArse game. Take a leaf out of Swansea match (8-1)!!

Bbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Eric and the English contingent must play as they will not mind the bitter cold Wembley night air...lamela would need an extra extra thick pair of gloves than usual...lorente would become an ice statue as he 'does not move around much' ..Ali won't dive tonight for fear of getting ice crystals up his shorts......Son will think he is at the Winter Olympics....play sissokko as he may actually sprint around as fast as NRD says he is, to warm up . Davies won't even blink coming from Wales ..

I reckon we will get a nice warm 5-0 scoreline tonight....