Spock | Vital Football

Spock

Wilco

Vital Squad Member
Never really got into Trek but a pity to hear that Nimoy has croacked it at the fine age of 83.

Attributed it to years as a heavy smoker despite quitting thirty years back. Time to lean to the vape fellas!

Live long and prosper.....

To infinity and beyond...

Oops, that's Buzz Lightyear. Sad news about Spock though all the same. Star Trek was shit mind.

Yes the acting was crap and the scripts were worse. I liked the newer versions of Star Trek though. Sad to hear about him dying but 83 is a canny innings.

You're about 15 years too young OM, bbc2 at teatime was either Star Trek or a western. Must have seen every James Stewart, Audie Murphy, Cary Grant, Doris fucking Day and Gregory Peck movie ever made.

Pretty certain it was on every week night for ages between 7 and 8 on BBC1 as well, in the days before Eastenders.

Captain Kirk will be next because he can't be far off the same age and is 5 times the size he was.

It's was the next generation at tea time when I was a lad. Seen all the original films though.

Personally I think they should bring back the crystal maze. Patrick Stewart made me think of Richard O'Brien.

I never really got star trek but i think William shatner is fucking brilliant he is stark raving mad.

He (shatner) is a legend.

[youtube=CaTOMkHaET4]

There are stacks of videos of him singing- bohemian rhapsody is a highlight but this vid shows him in all his kirkness

Star Trek was excellent. You have to remember that now days there is much more technology.
Ahead of its time and inspired the Star Wars films. Easy to knock now in hindsight but they went with what they had and there were some good storylines in there

Star Trek was brill for its time. Even as a child though you quickly cottoned on to the fact that the 'unknown' crew member 'beaming down' onto the alien planet was always the first to cop for it.
Looks like its from another time zone now though. Makes you realise how far special effects & cgi have come.
Remember reading an interview with George Lucas years & years ago when he said that 'they' were not too far away from making films that could potentially have no actors, all cgi and we'd be hard put to tell.
Must be an amazing industry for the creative/techno types.
Spock......LL&P