Spectators at football grounds | Vital Football

Spectators at football grounds

Peak Rover

Vital Reserves Team
Now that the Crucible is now going to be allowed to open with abou 25 %of it's capacity ie 250 in a closed area along with fact that there were no reported repercussions from the small 2000 experimental venues.should clubs be allowed to allow a few into their grounds in the the safer fresh air environments. If it were small there would be many entrances and exits available for distancing
I am sure we Blades fans could be trusted to obey the rules

Now that the Crucible is now going to be allowed to open with abou 25 %of it's capacity ie 250 in a closed area along with fact that there were no reported repercussions from the small 2000 experimental venues.should clubs be allowed to allow a few into their grounds in the the safer fresh air environments. If it were small there would be many entrances and exits available for distancing
I am sure we Blades fans could be trusted to obey the rules

I don't think anyone can be trusted, but that doesn't mean you're wrong. Bigger clubs = bigger problem, but we were talking yesterday about lower league clubs who might have a capacity of 8,000 and typical home crowds of 1,500. Tbf I wouldn't see a huge issue with that. I guess its the shouting and singing that projects the virus, and the general mixing outside the ground and in the pubs that they are worried about.

I can't help but feel that they are either worrying too much, or they know only half the people will comply and so they have to make the restrictions especially hard for the ones that do, to balance it out.

I don't think anyone can be trusted, but that doesn't mean you're wrong. Bigger clubs = bigger problem, but we were talking yesterday about lower league clubs who might have a capacity of 8,000 and typical home crowds of 1,500. Tbf I wouldn't see a huge issue with that. I guess its the shouting and singing that projects the virus, and the general mixing outside the ground and in the pubs that they are worried about.

I can't help but feel that they are either worrying too much, or they know only half the people will comply and so they have to make the restrictions especially hard for the ones that do, to balance it out.
I did have my tongue in my cheek when I said obey the rules as every organisation as a rogue element but obviously if the crowd is small they could be identified and not invited again. Agreed about the pubs but that's not confined to football grounds witness city centre many nights. If games started at 8pm then the pubs would be closing by the of the match. I am not ignoring the effect of the virus being in the vunerable category and having been very careful for 6 months I would feel safer with 2000 in BDBL in open air than 250 in the Crucible or my local pub on a Saturday night.

Last edited:
It's scandalous that fans aren't already back in. Even more so that it could go on for 6 fucking months.

Scattered attendance in a large open air stadium is a long way down the list of things that represent any sort of 'risk' of spreading this 99.9% survival rate virus.

Every other country has managed it. Just us incompetent c*nts who haven't.

Not only that, it is seriously damaging the clubs. The government better be ready to bail out every last one of them. And not only football clubs either.

Last edited:
Whilst they can't say it it's obvious that the gov't doesn't trust the general pulic to conduct themselves within the rules- and who can blame them?

Britain's valued sense of free speech and personal liberty is misinterpreted by some as 'I'll do what I want' with scant regard for anyone else, hence conspiracy theorists marching, and being allowed to, to tell us it's all a hoax based on forming a totalitarian state.

Pubs closing at 10.00 is an arbitrary time of little import in itself but , as no one seems to acknowledge,the more you drink the less inhibited you get and that's where the problem lies.

Everybody can make a valid, substantial argument as to why their particular sphere of business should be allowed to operate but what you can't legislate for is nutters who have no regard for anyone else.

There is no way fans are coming back this season, forget it. I would be amazed if fans are allowed back anytime before 2022. The government has decided to go for zero Covid in all but name now and it’s almost impossible for them to back track on it.

The government has decided to go for zero Covid in all but name now and it’s almost impossible for them to back track on it.

I agree that the core objective, which was the 'protect the NHS' (I thought they should be protecting us, but no matter..), appears to have been updated, but no-one thought to tell us quite what it is now.

I'm not sure they have got zero Covid in mind, and after the meetings between the PM and Carl Heneghan this week, it would seem the opposite is true and herd immunity is still very much the way they wanted to go, but they don't want to lose control of the numbers. There is a lot of store being put on the Oxford Vaccine and although its looking very promising, it should be our 'hope', not our 'plan'.

I'm off to watch the Scholars tomorrow with my newly renewed season ticket - cost £30. The ground looks great and has been spruced up over the summer. Average attendance last year was approx 180 , I bet its nearly double that tomorrow - with the crowd boosted by loads of displaced Spurs and Arsenal fans discussing their latest £100m signings no doubt :yawning:

But its good that at least one part of footie is surviving and hopefully even benefitting from the current situation, and I cant wait to see live footie again :wahey:

I'm off to watch the Scholars tomorrow with my newly renewed season ticket - cost £30. The ground looks great and has been spruced up over the summer. Average attendance last year was approx 180 , I bet its nearly double that tomorrow - with the crowd boosted by loads of displaced Spurs and Arsenal fans discussing their latest £100m signings no doubt :yawning:

But its good that at least one part of footie is surviving and hopefully even benefitting from the current situation, and I cant wait to see live footie again :wahey:
What's the standard they play at Germaine? Good on ya for watchin some live footy lass.UTMPB

What's the standard they play at Germaine? Good on ya for watchin some live footy lass.UTMPB

Its the Isthmian League Premier Rod - so not bad. Its actually a free season ticket with a £30 admin fee which is a great marketing idea ;).

Anyway - glad that they can still welcome spectators and hopefully they will benefit from the lack of watchable football elsewhere on Saturday afternoons at the moment.

Some of the lower League clubs are enjoying the normal crowds watching. If you want to see some of ex Blades playing just go to Buxton where Matt Killgallon Diego de Girolamo are helping them to do well If you're thinking of going be prepared for the intense cold. It's probably 2 top coats colder than Sheffield.

Last edited:
Some of the lower League clubs are enjoying the normal crowds watching. If you want to see some of ex Blades playing just go to Buxton where Matt Killgallon Diego de Girolamo are helping them to do well If you're thinking of going be prepared for the intense cold. It's probably 2 top folders than Sheffield.

Might look to sort a Saturday home Buxton game adding in a night at The Palace Hotel. Last time I did that coupled it with Glen Tilbrook and Wilko Johnson at the Opera House. Great day and night!

Might look to sort a Saturday home Buxton game adding in a night at The Palace Hotel. Last time I did that coupled it with Glen Tilbrook and Wilko Johnson at the Opera House. Great day and night!
I think the Palace Hotel at Buxton looks better from the outside than it does when you go in but it's a nice place to stay or it was when we stayed there, our Gertie and me do like going to Buxton.We saw the Small Faces musical All or Nothing at Buxton Opera House it was absolutely fantastic.I don't know whether you liked the Small Faces are not Sean but the musical as i say was fantastic.Tragic how Stevie Marriott perished in his own home. Diego De Girolamo if you remember back in the BLADES mad days, i was one of those thinking we had an absolute genuine MEGA STAR on our hands when i first saw him play,i've learnt to temper my ratings of our academy lads since tho. UTMPB

I think the Palace Hotel at Buxton looks better from the outside than it does when you go in but it's a nice place to stay or it was when we stayed there, our Gertie and me do like going to Buxton.We saw the Small Faces musical All or Nothing at Buxton Opera House it was absolutely fantastic.I don't know whether you liked the Small Faces are not Sean but the musical as i say was fantastic.Tragic how Stevie Marriott perished in his own home. Diego De Girolamo if you remember back in the BLADES mad days, i was one of those thinking we had an absolute genuine MEGA STAR on our hands when i first saw him play,i've learnt to temper my ratings of our academy lads since tho. UTMPB

Love Buxton and The Palace Hotel and Opera House rod.
Steve Marriott? Do I like him?

Bought this double live album after seeing him with Humble Pie at Sheffield City Hall. Fantastic performer and yes, his death was tragic if not somewhat predictable. He necked a full bottle of Couvoissier on stage during the set!

On a slightly simillar note I wasn't surprised Alex Harvey died falling off a ferry having seen him fall all the way downstairs when I opened the door for him and the band for their sound check at The Limit!

Love Buxton and The Palace Hotel and Opera House rod.
Steve Marriott? Do I like him?

Bought this double live album after seeing him with Humble Pie at Sheffield City Hall. Fantastic performer and yes, his death was tragic if not somewhat predictable. He necked a full bottle of Couvoissier on stage during the set!

On a slightly simillar note I wasn't surprised Alex Harvey died falling off a ferry having seen him fall all the way downstairs when I opened the door for him and the band for their sound check at The Limit!
So ya love Buxton & the Opera House who da thought we'd have summat else in common apart from our love of TC & DEM MIGHTY BLADES eh?:giggle: UTMPB

Took mrs B to Buxton for the afternoon a couple of weeks back it’s quite a few yrs since we had been she loves it (so do I) had a walk round the park next to the opera house, so peaceful, it was good to get her out for bit

not be long before before Diego makes his full international debut I reckon