SPANIARDS BID REJECTED | Page 6 | Vital Football

SPANIARDS BID REJECTED

I'm happy to leave it there LMB. I've asked on a number of occasions, and you've not come up with anything, so, we'll leave it.

As for a banker friend, I've no idea who you're talking about ....... but regardless, as the EFL didn't reject the bid in December because of any financial concerns (or at least, none that were made public, or were in contravention to any of the rules or regulations), I guess it's irrelevant.

I am not leaving it there as I am aware that the EFL didn't accept the bid because of further financial concerns, something I keep telling you but you will not listen to and part of that was/ is the future running of the club and how that was going to be financed, it is not just about individuals competence or background as you keep claiming because it does not state it in the EFL guide

This story will break in the next couple of days and I will give you an explanation how later today.

I am not leaving it there as I am aware that the EFL didn't accept the bid because of further financial concerns, something I keep telling you but you will not listen and part of that was/ is the future running of the club and how that was going to be done.

This story will break in the next couple of days and I will give you an explanation how later today.

If, and it's a massive if, the EFL have rejected the bid (as you say they have ....... Begbie's haven't said that ........ they've said the Spaniards reduced their offer)) for "financial concerns", then in order to ensure they won't be sued, it had better be for a reason that contravenes their rules/regulations.

Go on LMB ....... have one last pop ........ tell us where in those rules/regulations does it say that the EFL can do that.

We are in ‘shit creek’ no matter who is to blame,
as of now, who is going to pay ALL of Latics bills every month?

They said 2021 could not be a worse year than 2020, well for us it is, it is the end of the road for us, looking forward to a brighter future is now pie in the sky.

If, and it's a massive if, the EFL have rejected the bid (as you say they have ....... Begbie's haven't said that ........ they've said the Spaniards reduced their offer)) for "financial concerns", then in order to ensure they won't be sued, it had better be for a reason that contravenes their rules/regulations.

Go on LMB ....... have one last pop ........ tell us where in those rules/regulations does it say that the EFL can do that.

It is plainly obvious that the EFL have not sactioned the bid as we would be under Spanish ownership now had they done so.

Didn't the administrators claim prior to Christmas that it was all done and dusted and that it was with the lawers who only had a few loose ends to clear up Spanish / English interpretation and translation matters, that statement will be proven as another false claim as they were a aware of EFL concerns does not look like loose ends no matter how much you argue or deny it.

I put it back to you show us all " in those rules / regulations" were they can't.

This little thread is worth a moment of your time ...............

This thread is the most interesting i have read!If only half of this is accurate then we have dodged a massive bullet,and also the EFL have redeemed their reputation a touch! Just hope the alleged other bidders step up to the mark and one of those in this article prove to be our saviours,by god we need them!!

I never understand why some longer serving hardcore fans feel the need to push away the more casual fans. We are hardly blessed with numbers where we can afford to lose anyone.

Some fans may not share our passion or being willing to sit through thick and thin but they certainly will never get there if we act like they aren't welcome if they waiver.

I eat, sleep and breath this club and have for over 20 years but even i have felt demoralised by what has happened to Wigan and football in general over the past year - i'm certain i'm not the only one. So if some fans who aren't as dedicated to Latics or haven't followed them that long lose hope or can't get into watching only on TV then i understand why they would, even if i don't agree.

I hope the majority of fans will stick with us and those those who fall off now or even fell off after relegation from The Champ or the Prem will come back eventually as we need everyone we can get. God bless everyone who stick with us, but for those who consider walking away I think we're better encouraging them to keep the faith or at least leaving the door open for them to return rather than tell them 'good riddance'.

Well put KDZ....👏👏👏👏

The end of freedom of movement was on the cards when we left at the start of the year. It was never going to be reinstated. Not really sure what other aspect might have affected their decision.

Sounds like bollocks ........ or a negotiating tactic that's blown up in their face.

Only thing that i'd counter that with is they thought footballers getting visas would be easier due to them most likely being in a higher tax bracket. But agree it's most likely an excuse.

Why are you so insistent on having an argument over the £5m?. I've never mentioned it.

In the meantime, for the bloody umpteenth time, please, show me in the EFL's own regulations where the EFL can reject an owner because of whatever it is you're claiming.
Stop responding to him or create your own thread where you can carry on this backwards and forwards

It is plainly obvious that the EFL have not sactioned the bid as we would be under Spanish ownership now had they done so.

Didn't the administrators claim prior to Christmas that it was all done and dusted and that it was with the lawers who only had a few loose ends to clear up Spanish / English interpretation and translation matters, that statement will be proven as another false claim as they were a aware of EFL concerns does not look like loose ends no matter how much you argue or deny it.

I put it back to you show us all " in those rules / regulations" were they can't.

It may well be me ....... but I don't think so.

The statement this morning is that the Admins have pulled out of exclusivity as Moreno has reduced (by half?) his offer/bid. Nowt at all about the EFL.

There's nothing"obvious" whatsoever about the EFL having any say in this at all.
Before Christmas, yes, they said the money was had been deposited, and the only o/s actions were with Moreno's legal teams.

Moreno, for whatever reason, has changed his offer.

If at any point in future, it turns out that the EFL have had a hand in all of this, then I'll take your concerns. However, as we stand, nothing points to them having done so.

As for me telling you where, or why the EFL can't reject a bid because they don't like the way the owner intends to run a club ..........hahaha ......... do your own dirty work, and show me where/why they can, like I've asked you on at least 5 previous occasions.

I've honestly no idea why you've so vehemently harped on about this. I presume it's just to add more mud to what we're currently all thinking about Moreno and his tactics. Given what we know though, it just isn't true. If it turns out that the EFL still had concerns about Moreno, or even the source of his money, then that will be another issue ....... but it won't be about the way he intended to run the club.

This thread is the most interesting i have read!If only half of this is accurate then we have dodged a massive bullet,and also the EFL have redeemed their reputation a touch! Just hope the alleged other bidders step up to the mark and one of those in this article prove to be our saviours,by god we need them!!

Take it from me ........ it's from an excellent source.

Only thing that i'd counter that with is they thought footballers getting visas would be easier due to them most likely being in a higher tax bracket. But agree it's most likely an excuse.

Tax? Nah. It was always going to be about international representation.

They said 2021 could not be a worse year than 2020, well for us it is, it is the end of the road for us, looking forward to a brighter future is now pie in the sky.

Not over yet by a long shot, we have 800k raised if we need it and bidders interested.

End of the road would have been more likely if we got the Spanish by the looks of things. Them pulling the plug is a last minute reprieve. I'm more optimistic now than i would've been if the deal went through to be honest.