Southport Away - First match/last match | Vital Football

Southport Away - First match/last match

Carnforth Imp

Vital Youth Team
This may already have been mentioned but, if memory serves, our first match after relegation (this time around) was away at Southport (2-2 draw).

It would have a lovely symmetry to it if we did gain our place back in League 2 back there on the last game of this season.

Basically I'm looking for every good omen I can think of!!

It would,also if it meant we had to win or draw there to win the league on the last day the club might have to arrange a big screen at the bank

Carnforth Imp - 5/2/2017 18:41

This may already have been mentioned but, if memory serves, our first match after relegation (this time around) was away at Southport (2-2 draw).

Correct, in green an white hoops.

I mistakenly thought that Tilson would sort out a team to take us straight back up and that we'd have a great season beating a load of teams I'd never really considered as being Lincoln opposition until then. The TV match away at .Braintree was when realisation finally dawned that this may have been an overly optimistic view!

Yes must admit I was full of optimism for that first game of the season did not last long I think both Fleetwood and Wrexham beat us in the first two home games at SB.

Carnforth Imp - 5/2/2017 18:41

It would have a lovely symmetry to it if we did gain our place back in League 2 back there on the last game of this season.

Basically I'm looking for every good omen I can think of!!

Thought that when the fixtures came out. It would. be wonderful, wouldn't it?

Yep, spent the weekend in Southport for our first game back down here. Would be very fitting if It was indeed our last. Have a sneaky feeling we will take one or two more than the 6-700 Imps fans that were there that day!?

If it does come down to the last game I can see me picking up tickets from Southport as I do not think there will be much chance of exiles getting tickets in the Lincoln end.

Think a lot of people will go over on Friday as it's a 12.15 kick off on the Saturday.
Gateshead on Easter Monday should see quite a turnout too!