south yorkshire boys/academies | Vital Football

south yorkshire boys/academies

twirlo70

Vital 1st Team Regular
So all trials completed for our u14s and 15s.
some fantastic talent on show and was very difficult to get the vast numbers down to 2 workable squads.

u15s was a little easier to assemble than the 14s due to us having most of the lads back from last seasons runners up in the national cup.

The squad made up of lads from numerous academies and grass roots football

4 From the blades would have been 6 but 2 got released and now play grass roots but are on the verge of signing for barnsley and donny.

1 from the pigs

4 from donny
3 from barnsley
2 from rotherham
5 from grass roots.

fantastic side to be honest our final trial games were against chesterfield won 6-1
and donny won 5-2.

we play mansfield on the 5th october at rotherham umiteds academy on bawtry road 7.15 ko if anyones interested ,you wont be disappointed in the standard of football on show from our boys.

U14s

This years trials were a nightmare a good one though. the amount of quality on show was superb.

in the end we had to pick 28 lads ,yes thats alot but how do ya cut loose quality like that.

7 from the blades
7 from the pigs
4 from rotherham
4 from donny
1 from barnsley
1 from man united
1 from man city
3 from grass roots.

1 lad from the pigs is also a wales international playing at u16s ,which i have to say is a top player.

played grimsby with half the squad won 7-0
played man united at carrington roadwith the other half drew 1-1 should have won really missed a hat full of chances.
our next game is chesterfield at bawtry road 12th october 7.15 ko. come along and have a look at the future blades on show.
then we go straight into the national cup v staffordshire away on the 17th october. always a tough game v them. but im sure we,ll be up for it.

cheers twirlo

So all trials completed for our u14s and 15s.
some fantastic talent on show and was very difficult to get the vast numbers down to 2 workable squads.

u15s was a little easier to assemble than the 14s due to us having most of the lads back from last seasons runners up in the national cup.

The squad made up of lads from numerous academies and grass roots football

4 From the blades would have been 6 but 2 got released and now play grass roots but are on the verge of signing for barnsley and donny.

1 from the pigs

4 from donny
3 from barnsley
2 from rotherham
5 from grass roots.

fantastic side to be honest our final trial games were against chesterfield won 6-1
and donny won 5-2.

we play mansfield on the 5th october at rotherham umiteds academy on bawtry road 7.15 ko if anyones interested ,you wont be disappointed in the standard of football on show from our boys.

U14s

This years trials were a nightmare a good one though. the amount of quality on show was superb.

in the end we had to pick 28 lads ,yes thats alot but how do ya cut loose quality like that.

7 from the blades
7 from the pigs
4 from rotherham
4 from donny
1 from barnsley
1 from man united
1 from man city
3 from grass roots.

1 lad from the pigs is also a wales international playing at u16s ,which i have to say is a top player.

played grimsby with half the squad won 7-0
played man united at carrington roadwith the other half drew 1-1 should have won really missed a hat full of chances.
our next game is chesterfield at bawtry road 12th october 7.15 ko. come along and have a look at the future blades on show.
then we go straight into the national cup v staffordshire away on the 17th october. always a tough game v them. but im sure we,ll be up for it.

cheers twirlo
Very impressive Twirls. UTB

drew 1-1 with our u15s v mansfield good result really they have a very good set up there cat 2 academy same as ours. took the lead ,but couldnt hold on to it. they provided the ref and linos and it was glaringly obvious he was paid by them lol. 3 horror tackles from the same player resulted in just a yellow then a talking too. free kick on edge of box given when it was 3 foot in the box lino and reff still on the half way line ,but gave a free kick. their player with hands on head like his world had collapsed but soon as he saw the ref give a free kick ,all smiles.

drew 1-1 with our u15s v mansfield good result really they have a very good set up there cat 2 academy same as ours. took the lead ,but couldnt hold on to it. they provided the ref and linos and it was glaringly obvious he was paid by them lol. 3 horror tackles from the same player resulted in just a yellow then a talking too. free kick on edge of box given when it was 3 foot in the box lino and reff still on the half way line ,but gave a free kick. their player with hands on head like his world had collapsed but soon as he saw the ref give a free kick ,all smiles.
Seems footballs bent at all levels from the very top down

so just an update on results.
south yorkshire boys 14s 10 -1 Chesterfield academy
It amazes me still that the coaches at academies dont really know who we are or who we make our side up with. they come with their motion detection cameras VEO,s set em offer to send us a copy of the game to see where we go wrong ,i just think to my self lets see and smile.
we started of slow it took us 10 minutes to get on the score sheet through a 25 yard worldie from a rotherham united player, and that opened the flood gates goal after goal waves of attacks had their coaches silent after the first 15 minutes of academy worded coaching. things like first contact(get to the ball first) keep scanning(look round see whats on) high press (get the ball of em) low press (get the ball of em) engage(tackle em) many more and i laugh to mi sen. all i shout is WORK WORK WORK . it seems to work lol.what gets me is their obsession with playing out from the back against a far superior team. we constantly worked and took the ball of em (high press lol) goal after goal. not once did the keeper kick it out of his hands up the pitch. if my keeper goes short he comes off. people might think terrible football ,but once it breaks down or they return the ball then we play.anyway we battered em 10-1 their coach walked of with his camera and never sent us the match video lol

We played our first national cup game monday the 17th v staffordshire always a tough game v them ,recruiting players from wolves port vale aston villa burton .
so we got there for 6.30 ample time to warm up and focus on the game. I was very very confident in getting to the next round of the cup but in no way shape or form let on to them,if they relaxed their mind for 1 second we,d lose. constantly telling em start of quick dont get caught on the ball and most of all work work work, right up until kick off 7.30 i was in their ears not messin about no dallying on the ball.keeper goes from A to B in one kick for at least 15 minutes until staffs adrenalin as wore off and no more high speed pressing. NOW we have two centre forwards one from the pigs one from the blades work together brilliantly. the pigs forward is the fastest forward ive seen at 14s and as the shot of a cannon. our keeper got the ball we set the traps of our defence looking like we are going short , i thought mint fell for it straight away, keeper one kick flew overtheir centre halfs head on the half way or just before pigs forward like a shot one touch to set him self and rifled it into the bottom left from his right . 1-0 a minute gone . 15 minutes game was pretty even ,we were going short cause thay wernt pressing frightened of the ball over the top. but then they lost their discipline pressed a short pass from keeper but centre half launched it over the top ,same thing same result 2-0 half time.
changed it from 3-5-2 t0 4 -5-1 , just incase they came at us all guns blzing ,which they didnt get hance cause pigs forward got the ball outside their box and smashed one top corener. 3-0. shortly after pigs forward rn passed all their defenders and tapped home a low cross 4-0 and 4 to pigs forward hes special. they got free kick on edge of our box great strike keeper saves but their player folloed up an slotted home , i were a little dissapointed no clean sheet. told em we dont end it like that,we work our socks of and get a goal before the final whistle low an behold thats what we did a thunder bolt from our left footed grass roots dream of a player made it 5-1 and thats how it finished should have been 10 ,hit bar twice post twice and 1 cleared of the line . we had 2 shots on goal the whole game from that free kick. sublime performance and two of our best players missing. 11 scouts there that night all the lot wanted the pigs forwards details and some others ,unfortunately clubs are being cooperative with us with their lads so i apologised and said no you,ll have to contact our chairman and he,ll speak to their respective clubs.
next game in the league v northumberland at home penistone church ground

We played our first national cup game monday the 17th v staffordshire always a tough game v them ,recruiting players from wolves port vale aston villa burton .
so we got there for 6.30 ample time to warm up and focus on the game. I was very very confident in getting to the next round of the cup but in no way shape or form let on to them,if they relaxed their mind for 1 second we,d lose. constantly telling em start of quick dont get caught on the ball and most of all work work work, right up until kick off 7.30 i was in their ears not messin about no dallying on the ball.keeper goes from A to B in one kick for at least 15 minutes until staffs adrenalin as wore off and no more high speed pressing. NOW we have two centre forwards one from the pigs one from the blades work together brilliantly. the pigs forward is the fastest forward ive seen at 14s and as the shot of a cannon. our keeper got the ball we set the traps of our defence looking like we are going short , i thought mint fell for it straight away, keeper one kick flew overtheir centre halfs head on the half way or just before pigs forward like a shot one touch to set him self and rifled it into the bottom left from his right . 1-0 a minute gone . 15 minutes game was pretty even ,we were going short cause thay wernt pressing frightened of the ball over the top. but then they lost their discipline pressed a short pass from keeper but centre half launched it over the top ,same thing same result 2-0 half time.
changed it from 3-5-2 t0 4 -5-1 , just incase they came at us all guns blzing ,which they didnt get hance cause pigs forward got the ball outside their box and smashed one top corener. 3-0. shortly after pigs forward rn passed all their defenders and tapped home a low cross 4-0 and 4 to pigs forward hes special. they got free kick on edge of our box great strike keeper saves but their player folloed up an slotted home , i were a little dissapointed no clean sheet. told em we dont end it like that,we work our socks of and get a goal before the final whistle low an behold thats what we did a thunder bolt from our left footed grass roots dream of a player made it 5-1 and thats how it finished should have been 10 ,hit bar twice post twice and 1 cleared of the line . we had 2 shots on goal the whole game from that free kick. sublime performance and two of our best players missing. 11 scouts there that night all the lot wanted the pigs forwards details and some others ,unfortunately clubs are being cooperative with us with their lads so i apologised and said no you,ll have to contact our chairman and he,ll speak to their respective clubs.
next game in the league v northumberland at home penistone church ground
Good to hear your lads are going very well mi owd pal. UTB

PLAYED BARNSLEY BOYS with our 14s monday in terrible conditions ,played a few of the lads on the cusp of the first squad to see what they can do, we won 6-0 and they performed very well.
next its mansfield 14s then we have a first league game v cleveland

my 15s play the 16s in an in house game ,that should be interesting