Sort it out Fisher!! | Page 2 | Vital Football

Sort it out Fisher!!

1. Open a cash turnstile with un reserved seating for the end blocks with no increase for POTD

2. Ticket promotions / promote the club at local universities and colleges with cheap student offers.

3 use the car park to open a few pop up beer / food tents pre match for the summer months - make a few quid while the sun shines. Give him time to sort the internal catering for the winter.

4. No court cases or slagging off fans (even if they do deserve it)

Just do the basics right for once.

Love the idea of a pre-match ‘fan zone’ behind the Rainham End during the summer

Shows how much rubbish is out there on friend actually believed that this Paul Fisher was going to invest 20 million in the club.I wasn't able to find out where he got his information.

To be fair to iFollow its got better year on year. First year was grim with continual buffering. That's largely been sorted out.
The last match of last season was a shambles in that because SKY had taken it up iFollow wasn't able to show it. The new contract is for all league games to be included regardless.
Commentary is curtesy of radio Kent which I like for nostalgia as much as anything else but I know others aren't to chuffed with.
While I think its a bit pricy its better than the alternative

Shows how much rubbish is out there on friend actually believed that this Paul Fisher was going to invest 20 million in the club.I wasn't able to find out where he got his information.

Unless he has other interests, I doubt he has £20m knocking around. The Jockey Club accounts state that the highest paid director earned no more than £0.2m last year.

Unless he has other interests, I doubt he has £20m knocking around. The Jockey Club accounts state that the highest paid director earned no more than £0.2m last year.
I didn't believe it for a minute. If he had that sort of money he would buy the club or tell Scally to find another mug to run the club.I just thought I would let you know one of the stories doing the rounds.
The friend who told me is a well educated professional intelligent guy which probably show these people are painting a very rosy picture of our Mr Paul Fisher.
I even saw a Facebook post allegedly copied from Paul Fisher that he was saying he would take us back to the Championship.

Last edited:
I didn't believe it for a minute. If he had that sort of money he would buy the club or tell Scally to find another mug to run the club.I just thought I would let you know one of the stories doing the rounds.
The friend who told me is a well educated professional intelligent guy which probably show these people are painting a very rosy picture of our Mr Paul Fisher.
I even saw a Facebook post allegedly copied from Paul Fisher that he was saying he would take us back to the Championship.

He is on Facebook. And bizarrely he’s “friends” with about 5 of my friends back in UK. I hope it’s the same man and not been whooshed. Some of his friends on there are the newspaper bod Lance Morgan, and the Sheppey Utd chairman. Certainly sounds like him.

His words were that Medway deserves a Championship club and hopefully with hard work from everyone on and off the pitch, they can make that happen again.

Personally, I don’t even need that. Just a happy fanbase and a progressive, club knocking around the top half of L1 would be excellent.

What is wrong with ifollow and matchday programmes?

I have a large collection of programmes including GFC games going back to the early 60`s. I quite like them. But, have they had their day ? And, are they really cost effective for the Club ? Some clubs have stopped or are about to stop publishing hard copy programmes, in favour of more up to date methods of fan-interaction. So, my reason is - GFC could save some money.

iFollow - some EFL clubs do a grand job of promoting and enhancing iFollow - GFC does not. Instead, it appears to be left to the whim of a R/Kent commentator to engage the coverage around 1 minute before or after the game has actually started and then forget about the iFollow audience for the rest of the game by, eg, when the Studio gives an update, they abandon the commentary leaving iFollow subscribers to wonder what`s occurring. The commentary itself, is usually absolutely awful leaving the customer further wondering what the hell is going on. So, GFC needs to improve the customer experience - and get in an actual play-by-play commentator (Peter Lloyd`s colour role is, IMO, fine btw). Maybe GFC could put some money saved by not printing programmes into better iFollow coverage- amongst other things.

As an exile the Ifollow commentary is very frustrating.
Ohhh there’s been a goal at Tonbridge.
Over for an update
Thirty seconds of silence.
I subscribe and pay for Ifollow.
Radio Kent leave a bit to be desired.
For the first half of Wimbledon I listened to the away commentary but after halftime it reverted to Radio Kent.
During covid when they were showing all matches, I often watched with away commentary and some were excellent.
I would also add that the commentary for the extended highlights V Rochdale was appalling.
The Gills with a hard G.
The guy had a speech problem and couldn’t say Gillingham.
Gingham was his best.

I have a large collection of programmes including GFC games going back to the early 60`s. I quite like them. But, have they had their day ? And, are they really cost effective for the Club ? Some clubs have stopped or are about to stop publishing hard copy programmes, in favour of more up to date methods of fan-interaction. So, my reason is - GFC could save some money.

iFollow - some EFL clubs do a grand job of promoting and enhancing iFollow - GFC does not. Instead, it appears to be left to the whim of a R/Kent commentator to engage the coverage around 1 minute before or after the game has actually started and then forget about the iFollow audience for the rest of the game by, eg, when the Studio gives an update, they abandon the commentary leaving iFollow subscribers to wonder what`s occurring. The commentary itself, is usually absolutely awful leaving the customer further wondering what the hell is going on. So, GFC needs to improve the customer experience - and get in an actual play-by-play commentator (Peter Lloyd`s colour role is, IMO, fine btw). Maybe GFC could put some money saved by not printing programmes into better iFollow coverage- amongst other things.

If programmes were not making money then the club would not be producing one.

I love the concept of ifollow. Living away from Medway and having young kids, I end up watching more games on ifollow than I do the flesh now. - Hopefully after I have taking my children to their first game this season, they will get the bug a nadger me to go every week!!!!

If programmes were not making money then the club would not be producing one.

I love the concept of ifollow. Living away from Medway and having young kids, I end up watching more games on ifollow than I do the flesh now. - Hopefully after I have taking my children to their first game this season, they will get the bug a nadger me to go every week!!!!

Good to hear that your children will soon be sampling GFC first-hand. Re Programmes - really not sure if they make GFC money or not. I do know that plenty of (other) clubs have already stopped publishing them to save money.