Sonny, what are you doing! | Vital Football

Sonny, what are you doing!

PompeyJake

Vital Squad Member
A twitter furore has broken out because last night, Sonny Bradley posted a photo of him with Adam Lallana in a club somewhere. You can imagine the reaction from most pompey fans on twitter and I'm fairly amazed by it to be honest. What was he doing?!

Link should work: http://instagram.com/p/hpEDTXu0vx/#

Have you no mates who support teams other than Pompey? And in this case it's a job, albeit for a rival firm.

Those Pompey 'fans' need to take a reality check.

I am the most ardent Pompey fan and even I had a drink with a scummer mate on Friday .. sure we rib each other left right and centre and I make it known that I love watching his team lose (doesn't happen much these days!) .. but once the football is out of the way we have loads of things in common.

Sonny was probably in awe of Lallana given he is a premiership player and plays at a level he can only dream of .. but he perhaps should have 'couched' his message on twitter .. just to 'temper' the daft reaction of others ..

Had he have posted 'Having a drink with my scummer mate' or 'Helping an overpaid saint spend his money' he'd have probably got a more positive reaction.

I think its a daft reaction from some Pompey fans, on Twitter some are giving Bradley all sorts of grief about it. I agree it wasnt the wisest thing to show pictures on Twitter, but I dont see that it is a reason for the grief Sonny is getting from some Pompey fans. Years ago Matt Taylor was well respected by Pompey fans, but it turned out that one of his best mates was Scum player James Beattie, I dont remember Matty getting the nastiness that Bradley is.

Yet again don't use twitter

photo taken down now

Brother in law was a scum season ticket holder until the sister in law saw sense and divorced him, as long as he kicks him if we ever play them again no issue with it

Not sure what I missed here, but it it probably typical Twitter stuff...

Players leave themselves open to abuse by putting things on Twitter etc. that perhaps they would be better off not doing - that being said what they do in their personal time (within reason) is their business.

If he wants to hang out with a scummer, so be it - perhaps, like chix, suggest some comment to 'lighten' the mood might have been better advised...