🚹 Son Heung-Min - Player Thread | Page 4 | Vital Football

🚹 Son Heung-Min - Player Thread

He's certain taken his chance with lamelas injury.

You could see he had it about him last season after his injury he still was doing better than was being credit with.

If he could add tap in and sitters to his 20
Yard strikes he would be on 40 goals!

Kinygerbils - 21/5/2017 07:32

He's certain taken his chance with lamelas injury.

You could see he had it about him last season after his injury he still was doing better than was being credit with.

If he could add tap in and sitters to his 20
Yard strikes he would be on 40 goals!

Closer to 30!

Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me, but at a guess I would have said that 85% on this forum labeled him a failure and should be sold. Poch was slated for saying he could play up front.
I stated t the start of the season that I thought people were writing him off too soon, I posted that I thought he had goals in him. It was plain to see IMO.
I do agree with an earlier poster that he can be at times incredibly lax in possession, and guilt of sloppy passing.

Topspur1 - 21/5/2017 09:18

Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me, but at a guess I would have said that 85% on this forum labeled him a failure and should be sold. Poch was slated for saying he could play up front.
I stated t the start of the season that I thought people were writing him off too soon, I posted that I thought he had goals in him. It was plain to see IMO.
I do agree with an earlier poster that he can be at times incredibly lax in possession, and guilt of sloppy passing.

No your memory isn't playing games on you...

At least we have Harry to start and he is scoring. We need son back soon.

What a performance from Son. Congratulations on him becoming the most prolific goal scorer from Asia in the PL. He has surpassed Parks record at Man Utd in far less minutes on the pitch. He has Okazaki in his wake but I can't see him challenging.

His pace yesterday was blistering. He flew past Milner who is no slouch.

Once he gets moving he is fast. Just takes him a while sometimes. Have always liked him even though I do find him frustrating at times.

Wembley is perfect for him. He has more time on the ball and has the space to run with the ball.

Tottenham star Heung-min Son is one of the most improved players in the Premier League, says Garth Crooks

Garth Crooks has sung the praises Tottenham star Heung-min Son’s by calling him one of the most improved players in the Premier League.

The South Korean has impressed his team-mates this term, scoring eight Premier League goals in 16 goals to add to 14 League goals last term.

He opened the scoring in Saturday’s 4-0 win over Everton in what was his 11th goal of the season in all competitions.

And while team-mate Harry Kane branded the 26-year-old “excellent” after his performance, Garth Crooks waded in and heaped praise on the former Bayer Leverkusen playmaker.

Mauricio Pochettino heaps praise on Heung-min Son
“The South Korean is renowned for his energy and covers the ground with enormous alacrity,” Crooks wrote in his BBC Sport column.

“What I like most about him is that he genuinely plays the game with a smile on his face.

“I get the impression sometimes when he plays for Spurs that he is so grateful to be playing at Tottenham at all.

“I have said before that I think Son is one of the most improved players in the Premier League and against Everton he proved it once again.”

Very underrated, and if we are not careful...he will be snapped up by someone for a ton more money. I am actually surprised he hasn't gained more interest.

We need his goals, because after Kane...he is about the only player we have scoring regularly or kind of.

Happy as hell we have him and wish we had more of him!

Carragher said he's a good squad player but not consistent enough to be a starter for an elite club. Based on this season I couldn't disagree more. Having a better season than a few supposed world class players from other teams.

I wonder if there's a bit of sub conscious racism when people assess Son. Because Asian players aren't often amongst the best footballers in the world maybe some people find it harder to believe Son really is playing like an elite footballer?

Still think him being under the radar for as long as possible is good for us. The longer he's underestimated the better.

freundorfoe - 20/1/2018 01:40

oh but he still needs to learn to score 1 v 1s

To be fair he does score important goals at crucial time, the one on one issue yes to a certain extent but that is for the Manager to help him

philspurs - 20/1/2018 20:17

freundorfoe - 20/1/2018 01:40

oh but he still needs to learn to score 1 v 1s

To be fair he does score important goals at crucial time, the one on one issue yes to a certain extent but that is for the Manager to help him

Never said he didn't score crucial goals. He's a huge huge player for us. But 9/10 times when he's played thru 1 v 1 with space to spare he over thinks it. Sort that out and he'll be even more deadly.

That could be Poch' s fault. He has said that Son has matured and become more of a team player. Infering that perhaps he was a little selfish previously.

Nick Real Deal - 22/1/2018 20:01

In 93 appearances Alli had 33 goals and 23 assists. So in 93 games he was instrumental in 56 goals.

NRD, did that to spin you up! All goal scorers need to be selfish to an extent, but there are many times I wish he would make the pass to the wide open player more. (I know I guess I could say that about anyone)

Son looked quite downcast last night. Kane even put his arm around him at the end of the game.