Something is gonna happen! | Page 2 | Vital Football

Something is gonna happen!

Hayden agent got a bunch of cash. I guess from our loan fee? That guy has been such a waste of money. Our we paying any of his 50k a week wage

Do you ever read something and it just makes you laugh because it is what we have been saying for ages, but the club/certain fans bite at us for saying it?

Well Zoe Webber has come out (four games before the end of the season with us struggling to perform and get into the playoffs) and said it is imperative that we go up this season - it has to happen. Granted that she probably gave this interview maybe a month ago, but still. This is from the Financial Times business football summit.

So we generated £134 million in income for the last financial year (April 2022 - March 2023), but the increase in wages on contracts and bonuses (well done webber) along with no large players sales (well done webber) meant we actually lost £23.6 million.

So Zoe then goes on to basically say what we all have (that the self funded model is not helping, is not what we need, is dogshite because you need to get a bloody £66 million loan....which means we aren't self funded as we need loans from banks....treating us like idiots).

She said:

'If we didn’t have parachute payments I wouldn’t be sat here anymore– we won't have a football club, because we can’t go into the Premier League and put the club at risk without knowing we have got that safety net. We obviously have player trading income, broadcast income and our own commercial revenue, but we don’t have any owner investments or owner funding to subsidise it.'

So basically we don't have a multi-million / billionaire owner and that is because you wanted the self funded model and have been stuffing that crap down our throats for years. Also, our current owner seems stuck on sitting in her chair until she is dragged away by her Tommy cabin boy in a box. The fact Zoe says that we have no owner investment makes me ask again - what is the point of Delia at this club? SW has so much power he could surely push Delia out and bring in some rich owner. The fact that we are so close to administration without premiership money is crazy - shows how poorly run financially this club is. Webber came in when it was a state and rightly he clearer the deadwood and high earners out to bring in fresh faces for lower cost, but he seems to have forgotten what it was like when he joined becuase it sounds like we are back at that same situation. So we don't go up its basically goodbye Norwich. questions then arise - why did you spend so much money on agents for players who you could obviously see were over priced when you had refused to offer high fees for players who looked the part (Ajer didn't we refuse to offer the 8 million asking price but paid like 8.5 million on Gibson).

she continued:

'So whatever we have to do we have to tread that really fine tightrope of trying to be financially sustainable, but also trying to remain competitive. The issue when we get promoted to the Premier League is that we’re competing against clubs that have been there for a sustained amount of time. And the revenues they have been accruing ever year are vastly different to what we’ve had in the Championship.'

But, Zoe love lots of those clubs who have been there for a decent amount of time came up either with us or after we had been up (weren't Brentford like L2 when we were in prom with Hughton?) and we have squandered nearly every opportunity we have had.

'That’s the big challenge. We were in the Premier League last year, and then two years before that. And what we’re noticing is that every time we go in there, it becomes harder to compete.'

Yes that is because the idea is to go up and stay up. thus earning more money for the club and investing that in better players each year. Then maybe a rich Arab or American with buy the club (like Newcastle - or Brighton I am sure they are owned by rich owners). I think our owners and board think the idea is go up and then down and then up and then down and it comes as a shock to them that every time we go up things have changed and it isn't 1993 anymore and we have to play more than 1 million for players.

So only Forest and Brentford have owners who are not billionaires.

Brentford - £260 million
Forest - £650 Million

Then we have the championship clubs who are up and might do:

Burnley - £300 Million
Sheffield Utd - £7 Billion
---------------------------
Mboro - £280 Million
Luton - £ (No idea - don't the supporters own them)
Millwall - £200 Million
WBA - £2.8 Billion
----------------------------
Blackburn - £2 Billion
Sunderland - £2.1 Billion
Coventry - £400 million (Norwich Fan)
PNE - £1.5 Billion

The we have us and our owners net worth of £20 million.

Says a lot. we do have a shareholder who is worth over £800 million, but our owners don't seem to want him to take over.

I fear they will selfishly cling on as owners , no matter what damage that causes to the club. Even now they have become too doddering and are allowing the useless Webber and his globe trotting missus to run the the club

Owners stuck in the 80 's ( and their 80 's )
Webbers unable to run the club properly even with what appears to be compete control and no criticism.

I dont expect any change in majority ownership this summer.
Instead we look like selling players (if we can) and repaying whatever we can off the £45m loans. The by product of this is to increase the Net Assets per share.

Enjoy!