Some interesting points from a PST board member. | Vital Football

Some interesting points from a PST board member.

nagoyablue

Vital Youth Team
1 - If enough pledges are converted the fans will have over 51% of the ownership - so it is up to the fans who regard this as an important issue to put their money in to achieve this if it key to them. Indication from the Bid Team is 51% will be achieved as long as the pledge conversion rate remains as good as it has been. A final push once the court case is won will see us home.

2. The property developer owns the land around the ground, but as part of the deal is contractually obliged to hand over land to the club to expand. Part of this is a land swap deal, an option to the club on additional land if it wants it and a cash sum in the event of planning permission for the other developments. The property developer will of course make money on the deal, but just as importantly so will PFC.

3. The business plan is constantly updated - nothing in this bid stands still - relegation has been factored in long ago, but L1 to L2 is not too different and in fact a winning team in L2 is likely to attract more people than a losing team in L1.

4 There is a plan for the academy, what you're trying to skew is the fact, if the club had to survive on the very bare bones the first team would have to be the priority (its the main product after all) and other areas of the club would need to be self funding or risk cuts. There is NO intention to abandon the academy - in fact the opposite is the case, it's clearly an important part of the rebuild of the club.

5 Pledgers won't be asked for more money - simple as that. The business plan is robust enough for PKF, PL, FL, PCC and PFA - they are all happy with it.

glad to hear that the academy is something that remains a long-term option, as i thought the suggestion previously was that in a couple of years time this might be abandoned due to the costs involved if it could not be 'sponsored'...

also glad to hear that more money will not be asked for, altho tbh i am - with all due respect to everyone - far from convinced that would actually be the case?

i waivered when things changed, or seemed to, and still go back and forth on the 'will i convert my pledge' thoughts... not as i do not care, i do, but if i am honest i let my heart rule my head and realistically cannot afford to do it... ST money goes in every season and will do next season so i would be happy enough putting that in and letting my £100 deposit retained more than likely.

this looks like its going to be happing - this PST takeover - when it does hopefully we can get talking about football more, and i would hope (not having a dig or anything, if you think i am) that you would continue getting involved nagoya talking about this?

I like Nagoyablue's efforts personally and although the points are not really new they do need reiterating as some people just keep on not getting it (or do get it but refuse to accept it). I want to talk football too and looking forward to the match tonight but at the moment, like it or not the biggest things is off the field. 1-1 tonight but hoping for more!! PuP

pompeyweller - 12/3/2013 14:23

I like Nagoyablue's efforts personally and although the points are not really new they do need reiterating as some people just keep on not getting it (or do get it but refuse to accept it). I want to talk football too and looking forward to the match tonight but at the moment, like it or not the biggest things is off the field. 1-1 tonight but hoping for more!! PuP

Think most people on this site have reached saturation point whereby they don't need to be force feed, dictated to or Nagged about the ideology of the supporters trust. Everyone posting here is intelligent enough to get it and we all accept the Trust will be taking over at some point. Indeed the majority are now in favour but people will either part with their cash or they won't and that is the bottom line. I think the Herman fundraiser match is a good idea and I hope many more people have the good sense to support the trust's ambitions through the turnstiles.

In fact, until I read this, I didn't l know this part:

"but as part of the deal is (Robinson is) contractually obliged to hand over land to the club to expand (the stadium). Part of this is a land swap deal, an option to the club for additional land if it wants it, and a cash sum in the event of planning permission for the other developments."

So PFC will get some of the Robinson land and cash to develop the stadium.

And, to be honest, I'm sick of going on about this stuff, too. Looking forward to April 10/11/12 when it's all over.

But some people find it useful and interesting. If you don't, best not open threads like this one.

nagoyablue - 12/3/2013 23:21

And, to be honest, I'm sick of going on about this stuff, too. Looking forward to April 10/11/12 when it's all over.

But some people find it useful and interesting. If you don't, best not open threads like this one.

Glad to see you are getting sick of it and I'd like to see a poll that suggests your swamping tactics are interesting.

Is this a private spat, or can anyone join in.. ??? :17:

Go easy on nagoya... FACT. At the end of the day, he/she is obviously a passionate PST supporter, while others are more reserved. It is still relevant at this particular time too.

It does concern me that fans seem to be falling into two camps over the PST. My hope (sorry Tim) is that if/when they gain control of the club we can all unite under one banner and get this club moving forward again... PUP :35:

I thought FACT's summary on 12th March at 22:25 was a good one.

I am "cautiously pro PST". I want it to succeed. I think it is the best option on the table. But I am not 100% convinced. There are some doubts.

The pro-PST lobby can sometimes (& I'm not necessarily saying this about Nagoya by the way) be a bit extreme evangelical about it. Either you support it 100% or you are worse than Hitler. This winds me up & actually turns me off the PST, rather than making me want to support it, which these guys set out to do. I think a less intense "spreading of the word" would win more hearts & minds.

Like you Corny, I hope we don't end up with the pro-PST & anti-PST groups well after takeover. As there are some that would sooner see the PST fail than admit that their views were not right. And if the PST fails, that means that Pompey FC is in deep shit.

I am hoping that all of this is coming to an end. I have my own business to run, I can't be worried about someone else's. Looking forward to coming onto Vital and joining in with the repartee as it was three years ago. Coming on now is like a visit to my Bank Manager and Accountant and Solicitor all rolled into one. Surely, we all have enough problems of our own without taking all this crap on board. I just want to be entertained. Roll on next season - if we have one.......

Gandor1 - 13/3/2013 17:03

I am hoping that all of this is coming to an end. I have my own business to run, I can't be worried about someone else's. Looking forward to coming onto Vital and joining in with the repartee as it was three years ago. Coming on now is like a visit to my Bank Manager and Accountant and Solicitor all rolled into one. Surely, we all have enough problems of our own without taking all this crap on board. I just want to be entertained. Roll on next season - if we have one.......

I'd love for it to be how it was three years ago Gandor, but sadly most of the character's have gone. Unfortunately this is how it is at the moment, the football isn't worth talking about, and the off field problems still engulf us. I hope we can talk about football again and have a laugh, but in league two I fear it will be laughing AT the football. I'd like to put it on record, I for one do miss your insight and wit

Pompeytim - 13/3/2013 13:00

Either you support it 100% or you are worse than Hitler. This winds me up & actually turns me off the PST, rather than making me want to support it, which these guys set out to do. I think a less intense "spreading of the word" would win more hearts & minds.

My thoughts exactly Tim.

I had happily deposited my £100 but then the likes of Nagoya came along and turned me away. Not into the BC camp but anti-PST.

I never buy from a pushy doorstep salesman even if I want the product.

Characters like that can be counter-productive.

I have always supported Pompey, and always will, regardless of the owner or manager; but I retain the right to be critical of either or both.

penton - 13/3/2013 17:40

Gandor1 - 13/3/2013 17:03

I'd love for it to be how it was three years ago Gandor, but sadly most of the character's have gone. Unfortunately this is how it is at the moment, the football isn't worth talking about, and the off field problems still engulf us. I hope we can talk about football again and have a laugh, but in league two I fear it will be laughing AT the football. I'd like to put it on record, I for one do miss your insight and wit

Why thank you Penton, Touche! :14:

Very good points raised here. I wasn't having a private spat at all Corny, just protesting at the bushwackers and chuggers who parade as some form of PST authority. You know, we are all concerned about the future of the club regardless of our views and preferences but we have accepted the PST for good and bad. Now hopefully we can move on? I wanted to set up a thread yesterday on GW's thoughts on recruiting non-league players in the future but ran out of time. Unless someone else wants to start it I hope to do that over the weekend.

PFCblue - 13/3/2013 18:55

Pompeytim - 13/3/2013 13:00

Either you support it 100% or you are worse than Hitler. This winds me up & actually turns me off the PST, rather than making me want to support it, which these guys set out to do. I think a less intense "spreading of the word" would win more hearts & minds.

My thoughts exactly Tim.

I had happily deposited my £100 but then the likes of Nagoya came along and turned me away. Not into the BC camp but anti-PST.

I never buy from a pushy doorstep salesman even if I want the product.

Characters like that can be counter-productive.

I have always supported Pompey, and always will, regardless of the owner or manager; but I retain the right to be critical of either or both.

Now that's funny, PFC Blue, you made at best ugly comments regarding PST right from the start and now complains of 'pushy salesmen' - whats good for the goose Blue!! Come on be honest, you tried your hardest to put people off pledging and questioning their intelligence and now you say you pledged?! I am sure I will get accused of 'bushwhacking' or whatever now and I didn't want to continue this thread (honest) but I just couldn't leave this post without replying. Laughable.

as others have said, and i keep saying, i CANNOT wait for this to be over - and it will, pretty much, one way or another soon enough...

it looks as tho The PST are going to pull it off, it will be tough going but i then think you have to work on the 'lets back it' train of though. if the fans cannot make sure a club is run as it should be, who will!?!

from the very beginning i put down my £100, definitely let my heart rule my head, and cannot say that i have always backed things (i would be lying if i said i had) but ultimately i think that it has been quite obvious that i have viewed the PST as the far superior option, and better one, to BC or one of his stooges... will i convert my £100?

again in all honesty i cannot say i will, i sometimes feel 'i should' but in reality financial i cannot but like to think that my continues ST support is worth enough.

had MORE than enough of all this bollocks, roll on next month when (all being well) it is sorted - the PST then get the right people in to run the club properly and we get back to football for a bloody change!

pompeyweller - 16/3/2013 09:59

Now that's funny, PFC Blue, you made at best ugly comments regarding PST right from the start and now complains of 'pushy salesmen' - whats good for the goose Blue!! Come on be honest, you tried your hardest to put people off pledging and questioning their intelligence and now you say you pledged?! I am sure I will get accused of 'bushwhacking' or whatever now and I didn't want to continue this thread (honest) but I just couldn't leave this post without replying. Laughable.

Either you have a selective memory, Weller, or you're deluded.

Show me where I've made ugly remarks against the PST. Show me where I've questioned the intelligence of pledgers.

I've questioned the make-up of the new 'Board' with regards to the powers of the HNW's but never disparaged us ordinary pledgers.

Laughable? Look in the mirror!