Some defeats can give pleasure | Vital Football

Some defeats can give pleasure

tomytony

Vital Champions League
https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/spor...mF908BtSfY7Q3m2GbYaSugE56dNM5U_lj9pUQlG_6YhBQ

Kevin McCabe his seen his claim for negligence over the ownership battle for Sheffield United dismissed.

Sheffield United Limited (SUL) had brought the case against UK firm Shepherd and Wedderburn LLP over advice given in relation to its agreement to sell the club and its assets to current owner Prince Abdullah.

With United struggling in League One at the time, McCabe brought Prince Abdullah on board in 2013, selling a 50% stake in the club for just £1 in return for investment into the team.

A bit of a sad episode in which the lawyers came out on top. I hope that King Kev now shugs his shoulders and moves on. Bitterness in old men isn't becoming.

Last edited:
A bit of a sad episode in which the lawyers came out on top. I hope that King Kev now shugs his shoulders and moves on. Bitterness in old men isn't becoming.
He can't have much left to have a go at as he loses yet another lost cause case.
Loved by the lawyers though

Hes a stubborn sos an so tho who else would have carried on and got owt out of west ham
Plenty Bully.
SUFC had a very strong case with that one and it was only Brooking's (and others) bleating & weasel words that stopped that getting to it's rightful conclusion.
" consider the fans feelings" should have been an open goal for SUFC but ,apparently, it was only their fans that had feelings:mad:

Can't help but feel McCabe has been the architect of his own downfall.

Wouldn't suprise me if he concocted a scheme for his land ownership within the Lane footprint to fuck us up as much as possible.

Can't help but feel McCabe has been the architect of his own downfall.

Wouldn't suprise me if he concocted a scheme for his land ownership within the Lane footprint to fuck us up as much as possible.
Doesn't he still have a pocket of land on one of the corners so that he can hold up any development?

Doesn't he still have a pocket of land on one of the corners so that he can hold up any development?

I believe he can not only hold up any development by the club but build on them himself. Don't know if the big advertising hoardings are still there but after the McCabe v Prince debacle he had them put up proclaiming "Coming soon another development by Scarborough Holdings".They were on the perimiter walls of the ground on the 2 corners you mention.

I believe he can not only hold up any development by the club but build on them himself. Don't know if the big advertising hoardings are still there but after the McCabe v Prince debacle he had them put up proclaiming "Coming soon another development by Scarborough Holdings".They were on the perimiter walls of the ground on the 2 corners you mention.
Remember them well SBT.
Hopefully he has no control or hold over any planned development of BDBL

Still there. No-one has put a spade in the ground though. Suspect it might just be his hubris.

Top law firm that outfit ..... oh and WetSpam if ever a rock solid case to go 'all the way' that was the one £30million was peanuts !