So... | Vital Football

So...

If we finish second, we will play second place in group E. If Serbia lose against Brazil it could be Switzerland, but it could be any one of those three places in group E.

If we beat Panama tomorrow the 'dead rubber' against Belgium is almost certain to be a draw i reckon.

If we finish second, we will play second place in group E. If Serbia lose against Brazil it could be Switzerland, but it could be any one of those three places in group E.

No we play 1st or 2nd in group H depending if we finish 1st or second. Could be Senegal, Poland or Japan. Could come up against winners of Group E (Brazil) in QF.

If we beat Panama tomorrow the 'dead rubber' against Belgium is almost certain to be a draw i reckon.

I agree - a la Sweden 2006. But I won’t read too much into today. Tunisia had to commit themselves more today as they had to win after their plan of two draws didn’t work out. Of course, Belgium took their chances and we didn’t, but I think Tunisia were way more open today.

Belgium are a weird lot. Some players that wouldn’t make our squad (Boyata, Fellaini) then some that’d walk straight into our first XI.

Whether they’re at their strongest or rest a few players against us, I fully expect a draw either way.

It certainly should not be a dead rubber because serious match practice is essential. Sir Alf would never have subscribed to the 'dead rubber' concept and that applied to the pre-tournament friendlies leading up to the '66 competition.

Getting to the last 16 is what counts. I don't think worrying about who you may or may not face later in the tournament is the way forward.

Belgium may have the flair and firepower, but they also have Roberto Martinez as the manager, and the man famously cannot organise a defence. Tunisia got gifted two goals today, and, as Everton manager, his organiation of the defence was woeful at times.

Feel free to back up your argument Wayne, it’s all about opinions.
The guy has been a regular both at Everton and later Man U, although injured for during the latter part of last season. Scored 1 in 10 for Man U; 25 in 140 for Everton and 17 in 83 for the national side - not bad for a midfielder, who couldn't get into the Gills team. As I said, tripe.

The guy has been a regular both at Everton and later Man U, although injured for during the latter part of last season. Scored 1 in 10 for Man U; 25 in 140 for Everton and 17 in 83 for the national side - not bad for a midfielder, who couldn't get into the Gills team. As I said, tripe.

So if you called up Fellaini then who would you drop? Alli? Sterling? Loftus-Cheek? Dier? Delph? Lingard?