So will we be on TV? | Page 2 | Vital Football

So will we be on TV?

Great for telly watchers and good bit of cash for the club but pants timing for those of us actually attending the game and and those trying to get home late on a Sunday evening. TV rules.

Obviously BT and the rest don't care about travelling fans, Liverpool v Everton is at 4.01 and their grounds are close by, no actual travelling involved. Why couldn't they get the later kick off? As was said when TV companies money became involved the fans would be the last consideration.

Obviously BT and the rest don't care about travelling fans, Liverpool v Everton is at 4.01 and their grounds are close by, no actual travelling involved. Why couldn't they get the later kick off? As was said when TV companies money became involved the fans would be the last consideration.
I imagine BBC had first pick of the fixtures so went for that match as first choice.

The West Ham fans won't have far to go. It's only about a mile from Twydall.

Lol its not exactly far to west ham!! Id take your point if it were someone north of the watford gap we're talking about.

Someone said £150k per team. Don't know the winning bonus.
Cheers Phil 👍

Actually just seen the link on the other thread.

£150k both teams for TV.
Winner gets £135k bonus.

So we’ve already surpassed what our win fee would have been if we’d had an “easy” tie. Win win 👍

When the BB screen 6 nations thugby on a friday the queues on the M4 stretch back to Leigh Delameare Services. Makes me wonder if the cash is worth it

When the BB screen 6 nations thugby on a friday the queues on the M4 stretch back to Leigh Delameare Services. Makes me wonder if the cash is worth it
Seriously? Its west ham, not carlisle! I think they'll argue that they actually have done very well NOT to stick the middlesborough game later on in the day when travel would have actually been a problem.

By the way...Why on earth is there traffic on the m4 when theres rugby on a friday night? I assume youre referring to people trying to get to twickenham? Theres been no rugby at twickenham on a friday night for probably the ten years ive been going to six nations games. The residents dont allow it. France and wales play regularly on criday nights though.

Last edited: