So, who will buy the Premier League Title this year? | Vital Football

So, who will buy the Premier League Title this year?

Seriously, I think the time may have come to move towards a model similar to the North American Ice Hockey system where the wealth is spread between the teams to level the playing field (or ice....) thus reducing the advantage of the rich clubs. Not being a fan of ice hockey, I don't know the ins and outs of it but if mothing is done the days of clubs doing what Forest did in the 80s/90s will be gone. There really isn't a lot of point getting to the prem just to know that you'll always be an also-ran.

Seriously, I think the time may have come to move towards a model similar to the North American Ice Hockey system where the wealth is spread between the teams to level the playing field (or ice....) thus reducing the advantage of the rich clubs. Not being a fan of ice hockey, I don't know the ins and outs of it but if mothing is done the days of clubs doing what Forest did in the 80s/90s will be gone. There really isn't a lot of point getting to the prem just to know that you'll always be an also-ran.
Living in Toronto mate it works like this....

The NHL sets a salary cap each year, and it tends to go up incrementally each year depending on league revenues, tv deals, and if new teams enter the league. It's around $82m which each team can spend on player salaries.

Toronto hate it, as they are the Man Utd / Real Madrid of hockey and by far the wealthiest hockey team in the league. The teams finishing out side the playoffs get first picks in the entry draft too.

Transfers are trades between each club, or swaps. There is never a transfer fee. If a player runs his contract down he comes a free agent, and can get more money on next deal. It's a broad summary, but that's how it works

Living in Toronto mate it works like this....

The NHL sets a salary cap each year, and it tends to go up incrementally each year depending on league revenues, tv deals, and if new teams enter the league. It's around $82m which each team can spend on player salaries.

Toronto hate it, as they are the Man Utd / Real Madrid of hockey and by far the wealthiest hockey team in the league. The teams finishing out side the playoffs get first picks in the entry draft too.

Transfers are trades between each club, or swaps. There is never a transfer fee. If a player runs his contract down he comes a free agent, and can get more money on next deal. It's a broad summary, but that's how it works
Thanks Finbar. I'm in TO too - but I don't follow the hockey closely. Still waiting for hell to freeze over so that the Leafs can win the Stanley cup.

I think Chelsea will compete this year as I don’t expect city of Liverpool to dominate as hard as they have in recent years, though I expect one of them will get the title. I do wonder whether City have been somewhat found out in their style of Football.

Liverpool are more of a powerful team who can force results through. I find city, whilst great to watch, to be a little bit engineered in each pass and if it doesn’t work, they can struggle.

Thanks Finbar. I'm in TO too - but I don't follow the hockey closely. Still waiting for hell to freeze over so that the Leafs can win the Stanley cup.
Nice, where about do you live? I moved up to the Blue Mountain (Collingwood area) a year ago from markham

If VAR is just going to be so biased towards LiVARpool then it’ll be them.

I don’t like Spurs & they are bottlers but Maureen is a winner I doubt they’ll win the league but I’d lump a few quid on them winning something as that’s what Maureen does.

If Liverpool get Alcantara and better squad depth for the front 3 (Traore and a CF) they'll win again.
If not, City

I think Chelsea will compete this year as I don’t expect city of Liverpool to dominate as hard as they have in recent years, though I expect one of them will get the title. I do wonder whether City have been somewhat found out in their style of Football.

Liverpool are more of a powerful team who can force results through. I find city, whilst great to watch, to be a little bit engineered in each pass and if it doesn’t work, they can struggle.
you know citeh aint in Liverpool right?