So what next? Who stays? Who goes? Who comes in? | Page 29 | Vital Football

So what next? Who stays? Who goes? Who comes in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me anyway, I'd like to say adios to the following:

Kalanic
Nyland
Taylor
Elmo?
Lansbury
Jota
El Ghazi
Samatta.

In order of priority:

Nyland - calamity
Kalinic - waster
Lansbury - waster
Jota - simply not good enough
AEG - okay squad player but would prefer to move on
Taylor - difficult to get rid while we've only Targett ahead of him
Elmo - I'd rather stick Elmo LB than Taylor
Samatta - Can't go into the season with 2 fit strikers (again)

I wouldn't have sold him to blues. We shouldn't be doing business with them after their disgraceful behaviour. Still I don't suppose anyone else would want it. Hopefully we got a little bit of cash for him at least. Terrible player.

Can't think of a better way to sum Hogan up than these 3 short sentences.

£12 million.
3 and a half years.
7 goals.

Good riddance.

I wouldn't have sold him to blues. We shouldn't be doing business with them after their disgraceful behaviour. Still I don't suppose anyone else would want it. Hopefully we got a little bit of cash for him at least. Terrible player.
Agree we should never help them scummy sewer rats out

Blues wouldn't have been my ideal destination - although I don't share the rivalry as most of my family are Noses and thoroughly good people as I've said plenty of times.

But knowing they had the Bellingham money, if we've taken £5m from them I'd be pleased because I don't think we'd have got that from anyone else - simply because he did well for them on loan. Fan feeling etc is worth 500K more alone when you have a pointless owner trying to look good.

Add an extra million for Jack or we loan him to one of their challengers for free next season for revenge etc lol

10 goals Holte!

Shame, I like the kid but we didn't help ourselves.

I assume we’ve got closer to £0 than the £10m we paid for him. Never suited our style, never looked good enough either. I think the only reason we bought this guy was for Bruce to stick it to McCormack after they fell out. McCormack would have scored more goals had he been given the same chances. Hogan was dreadful.

Maybe it's why we should be cautious about 20 goal strikers from the Championship. Hope Watkins proves that's not always true.

Maybe it's why we should be cautious about 20 goal strikers from the Championship. Hope Watkins proves that's not always true.

Well I think he'll do decent for them, he hit the ground running and scored like 7 in 18 or something, Apparently all their players looked out of shape and lazy after lockdown so the whole team didn't have much impact, I think we've gave him away and he'll bang them 15+

We need to sell players that still retain some market value in the current climate. Nakamba being one of them. He had the opportunity last night to shine against a league one side, instead he resembled a daddylonglegs on a hotplate. He was all over the the place and if he is our replacement for Dougie if god forbid he ends up with a lengthy injury I worry. No doubt in my mind his purchase was the reason Suso got the bullet - as well as other misfires - Samatta, Jota and arguably Engels - so if there is a chance we can recoup at least something for this lot we should make it plain they are all available and cash in.

Status
Not open for further replies.