So what next if a new man isn't named by next weekend? | Vital Football

So what next if a new man isn't named by next weekend?

chris who

Vital Champions League
I was wondering who will be in the dug out next weekend if we have not got a new man before that?
Hessy?
Kenny Jackett?
Moss?
Or someone else?

I was wondering who will be in the dug out next weekend if we have not got a new man before that?
Hessy?
Kenny Jackett?
Moss?
Or someone else?

I imagine it would be Mark Moss assisted by Deren Ibrahim considering he has always been very vocal on the touchline. Hopefully we will have someone in though because if not the decision to sack Harris becomes more bizarre by the day.

I imagine it would be Mark Moss assisted by Deren Ibrahim considering he has always been very vocal on the touchline. Hopefully we will have someone in though because if not the decision to sack Harris becomes more bizarre by the day.
I would currently think Hessy . Kenny seems a little detached from the touchline if he was going to take control perhaps he already would have done.Moss given the experience we have would seem odd to me.

If it becomes apparent by Tuesday or Wednesday that the new man won’t be there by Saturday, I think that Jackett and Hess need to step up and take control on the training ground and next Saturday. However, I sincerely hope that the new man will be appointed on Monday or Tuesday and we crack on.

Think I'd be asking BG how serious are you about promotion this season if nobody has been appionted by then.
I wonder if BG cares more about the long term direction than short term promotion.Given that any rebuilding or new ground is going to take several years at least.Five years to the Championship sounds quick to me .So if he felt that we might win promotion this season but were going to struggle in 2024/25.i can imagine he might take a longer term view.That long term view might have cost Harris his job.
The simple fact that good players often looked worse under Harris.He clearly had good organisation skills and was a decent guy but was that enough?

So it was :
a) a long term view that cost Neil his job.
b) We've renewed a few contracts but hadn't spoken to Neil
c) Livermore's dismissal against Crawley
d) On pitch performances.
e) Neil refused to change his tactics.
Perm 1 from 5 unless I've missed a conspiracy theory or 2
All I know is he's gone, so let's move on.

Noticed nobody has said NH‘s comms about the car accident might have been a factor. He seems to have significantly contradicted what the police have subsequently said, and has never said how dangerous driving at that speed is in a heavily residential area. Of course, it might be absolutely nothing to do with it, but the longer this goes on, the more puzzling the decision is. I was convinced BG must have had someone lined-up and was afraid his chosen one might be offered something by Bradford or Sheff W given they sacked their managers 24 hours or so earlier. And I’m pretty sure a non-disclosure agreement means we will never truly know. Ah well..!

To me the Harris sacking is looking like a rash knee-jerk reaction thats going to cost Gills a real tilt at automatic promotion this season. The longer the hunt goes on, it doesn't matter who comes in, the very best we can now hope for is a playoff place.

To me the Harris sacking is looking like a rash knee-jerk reaction thats going to cost Gills a real tilt at automatic promotion this season. The longer the hunt goes on, it doesn't matter who comes in, the very best we can now hope for is a playoff place.
One point off a automatic place . Anyone's including teams nowhere near the top seven at present. Patience is required.If we get it right he can still win the league. Get it wrong and it doesn't matter much when we appoint someone.

So it was :
a) a long term view that cost Neil his job.
b) We've renewed a few contracts but hadn't spoken to Neil
c) Livermore's dismissal against Crawley
d) On pitch performances.
e) Neil refused to change his tactics.
Perm 1 from 5 unless I've missed a conspiracy theory or 2
All I know is he's gone, so let's move on.
We will, but can't until we have a new manager or coach who puts a new stamp on the team.

Like him or loathe him, this is NH's team, largely signed and put together by NH. The new manager's hands are tied to an extent at least until January and their first job should be to reorganise our defence and shape which seems to have totally gone in the past week. Maybe that will be quick but could take time, particularly if they prioritise the lack of goals instead.

At least we do have striking options now. When NH took over we had a half fit Big V heading for the exit, plus Kelman and Dickson-Peters on loan.