So, the season starts today ... | Vital Football

So, the season starts today ...

cherryexile

Vital 1st Team Regular
I don't have much to say on the subject, other than that I came down for breakfast and was struck by the fact that it starts all over again at 3pm today.

It seems to have crept up on me, with hardly any rumours and little fanfare, despite changing manager, back-room staff, half a dozen players and putting the Stacey West expansion on hold. Hopefully, a win this afternoon and the roller coaster will start to build momentum.

Up the Imps !!!

Not according to our beloved Echo, it doesn't. They have had no articles at all on today's opening game. I know Wiley is away, but they really just don't care it seems.

With the long hsitory of the Echo, its sad that fans have to rely on forums like this, blogs etc for news about the biggest sports attraction in the county. Maurice Burton must be turning in his grave. Just look at the coverage the local Portsmouth paper gives to Danny's team.

Anyway, rant over. Really looking forward to this afternoon, whatever the result!

For old gits like us the local paper was/is the 'go too' for news but they've now been superceded by social media.
All the kids use facebook and twitter etc to keep in touch and up to date on any given subject.
Maybe we should try and get an Imp working on the editorial team at the Echo?
And for the record - I'm always a slow burn until the day before the season starts, football or oval ball, then the excitement kicks in. Can't wait for 3pm.

Not according to our beloved Echo, it doesn't. They have had no articles at all on today's opening game. I know Wiley is away, but they really just don't care it seems.

With the long hsitory of the Echo, its sad that fans have to rely on forums like this, blogs etc for news about the biggest sports attraction in the county. Maurice Burton must be turning in his grave. Just look at the coverage the local Portsmouth paper gives to Danny's team.

Anyway, rant over. Really looking forward to this afternoon, whatever the result!
I don't even bother looking at the website anymore.

The chap who wrote this article clearly wasn’t at the game.

Shame.

I wasn’t at the game either but bbc lincs praised Poole Sanders and Adelakun all 3 candidates for man of the match. I wonder if this chap usually covers premier league football and was expecting to see this today