So Evans Is Back | Vital Football

So Evans Is Back

Happy day for our club. Happiest I have been since the day we sealed survival in the Championship last season. Can't wait to welcome him back.
Craig….maybe you ought to change your user name temporarily….
Something like….Cloud Nine or Eternal Optimist…:p

I’m thinking of changing mine temporarily to…..Cynic or Old Cynic.

I was at Birmingham away the day we won 2 - 0.
The last match of SE reign first time round.
Time to repeat that score line on Saturday..??
Fans could certainly do with cheering up after the season we’ve had to endure.

17/04/24

BBC Radio Sheffield Football phone-in tonight : definitely far more callers welcoming SE's appointment than against. A few said that LR should have been given more time, but they were in the minority. Of those, nobody said that LR had done a good job for the Millers, only that there were mitigating circumstances for his lack of success.

Last edited:

I remember the good times uǹder him. It will happen again. I think I became a bit of a moaner on here. Cannot say that now !

Before the game at Birmingham he came into the Rotherham fans, had words with them, 'photo's taken and took the applause - I think he knew it was his last game in charge . . . . until . . .

17/04/24

BBC Radio Sheffield Football phone-in tonight : definitely far more callers weloming SE's appointment than against. A few said that LR should have been given more time, but they were in the minority. Of those, nobody said that LR had done a good job for the Millers, only that there were mitigating circumstances for his lack of success.
Perhaps LR might come clean now on all the agenda issues and cultural/structural changes required at RUFC? I suspect it will now all be swept under a big Steve Evans carpet.

If any one is doubting SE. Loan deals, Changing times etc. Look what he has done at a club much smaller than us. Been magical for them.
We have had such a rubbish time this season. This is the turning point.
Fans act, Get behind the team. Good times ahead.

Before the game at Birmingham he came into the Rotherham fans, had words with them, 'photo's taken and took the applause - I think he knew it was his last game in charge . . . . until . . .
Yes Caz and at the end of that 2-0 away win Mr Evans came over to the Millers fans giving it the Viktor Johannson salute.
The writing was probably on the wall even then especially as at the previous game at home ( a home win. ) against Cardiff City a certain Neil Redfern was an invited guest.

No.
While we haven't done as well this season (compared to last), I think MC is great for us.
We lost most of our 'star' players last summer and the replacements took for ever to settle, hence our bad start - plus our injuries this season have been horrific.
Still think we've done ok considering, and I do believe we'll achieve something if we can keep.hold of him.
He seems to really enjoy what he's doing, and seems to genuinely want to help the younger players along.

But I do like Steve Evans.
Wouldn't be averse to him being at Boro
But would you swap Michael Carrick for him?!

SE and TS will talk to the media today. Will be interesting. Eh, Be patient with TS 're this. He CANNOT be criticised for anything that has happened this week alone.
No disrespect intended but I think I will give it a miss.
Seen and heard it all before.
Chairman has been very quiet for quite some time, of course that’s his prerogative.

A rallying call to the troops and a pr exercise on selling Season Tickets which at a guess will be announced imminently.

Good luck to the club and the new Manager - they’re both going to need it.

Well, it's solved one dilemma. We can bin the Cliff Richards' dirge and all start singing;
'Since you went away I've been losing my sleep at night
Never thought there'd come a day
When you'd be back to make everything right
But how wrong could I be
'Cos now you're here with me
Bringing on back the good times
Taking away the pain
You're bringing on back the good times
I'm living on air so glad that you're there
Sweeping away the sad times,
Making me laugh again.'

As I fight my way through the cheering hordes to secure a season ticket (if any are left) I will reflect that I have not witnessed such euphoria since the pied piper came to Hamelin. UTM.

Reminds me of a EAGLES TRACK - New Kid in Town.
( though not so new.)

“ There’s talk on the street, it sounds so familiar.
Great expectations, everybody’s watching you.
People you meet , they all seem to know you.
Even your old friends treat you like you’re something new.

Johnny -come - lately,
The new kid in town,
Everybody loves you,
So don’t let them down.

Had the opportunity of seeing the Eagles live on two occasions, great band in my opinion.