So disappointed in Harris | Page 3 | Vital Football

So disappointed in Harris

And you think that we’re unique in our financial predicament in the fourth tier? You think that the mere three teams below us and a number of those above us, haven’t got financial problems? Stop making excuses for inept management on and off of the pitch.

This isn't solely about inept management though. Is NH getting the best out of this squad of players?IMO, NO. Has the recruitment and geenral preparation for this season been poor, Yes.

The bigger question is how much of that is down to NH and how much is down to budget restrictions. I don't believe for one minute NH wanted to recruit the players he has, it's simply what we could afford.

If you're suggesting NH has spunked the budget on this squad, when he could have recruited much better players to have us top of the League I'd say you're living in dreamland.

NH IMO is part of the problem, a problem that has gone on for years, under various managers, with numerous different players. Put simply the club is on the slide and the only way it's going to be turned around is by investment, in the club as a whole, both on and off the pitch.

If we replace NH I don't expect this squad to improve immensely, but someone used to working at this level IMO would and should get better out of them the NH currently is and has done.

NH is just the latest manager to find managing GFC a fecking tough gig. The circle has to stop soon, hopefully.

This isn't solely about inept management though. Is NH getting the best out of this squad of players?IMO, NO. Has the recruitment and geenral preparation for this season been poor, Yes.

The bigger question is how much of that is down to NH and how much is down to budget restrictions. I don't believe for one minute NH wanted to recruit the players he has, it's simply what we could afford.

If you're suggesting NH has spunked the budget on this squad, when he could have recruited much better players to have us top of the League I'd say you're living in dreamland.

NH IMO is part of the problem, a problem that has gone on for years, under various managers, with numerous different players. Put simply the club is on the slide and the only way it's going to be turned around is by investment, in the club as a whole, both on and off the pitch.

If we replace NH I don't expect this squad to improve immensely, but someone used to working at this level IMO would and should get better out of them the NH currently is and has done.

NH is just the latest manager to find managing GFC a fecking tough gig. The circle has to stop soon, hopefully.

I think it is about inept management. However, when I say that I mean inept management both on and off of the pitch. It’s clear things off of the pitch have been wrong for a long time and very wrong in the past year to 18 months. This has lead to budget restrictions. However, as I say, I think we are far from unique in this predicament in the division. There are a few teams who are clearly bankrolled, but I’d suggest that there are a lot more than three who are in as bad a predicament than the four below us who have similar budget issues to us (some I would imagine a lot worse). And let’s not forget, Harris and his management team, I would imagine, would be on a lot more than a lot of management teams in the division, so the onus is on then to over-perform and, at present, they are massively under-performing. For example, Barrow have 15 more points than us and I would imagine a smaller budget. I would like to see reporters point to this every time Harris goes on about the budget from now on.

Whatever Harris’ budget he has to factor in Evans’ left overs before anything else.

I’ve heard rumours that both Ehmer and Tutonda are on around 2-2.5k a week, which isnt bad going considering they came to us after relegation and is very very good for league 2.

If we say they are both on 2k that’s 224k gone already, before hes

With that in mind it wouldn’t surprise me if the like of Lee, Reeves, MacDonald, and O’Keefe aren’t on similar, if not more.

I don’t believe we have a budget of 1.1m, but I do believe Harris was hamstrung by Evans’ penchant for signing below average players on above average wages.

Harris knew what he was getting into when he took the job, and he should have done a better job with recruitment as the players he’s signed don’t seem capable of playing the style of football he wants.

I'm getting fed-up of the all-so-similar quotes from NH after we have lost / failed to win.

He wont take ownership of this and the club cannot afford to pay him up, after dismissal.

As i said previously our forward line is poor and we will live a slow, lingering demise to the non-league unless something changes.

One of the most frustrating things is that the club began the season with a blank canvass, most players had left and a whole new team could be built. The team needed improving from last season if it was to have any chance. If anything it has got worse.

It is a depressing division to be in anyway, small towns, low crowds, small away followings, lots of long trips, the football is not great to watch. All that is bearable if the team is doing well. It is hard to bear when it isnt.

Make no bones about it, we are in a relegation battle, there is just no creativity. Talk of a potential takeover/sale may be having a destabilising effect. Harris probably knows he will be replaced if new owners come in. The players are waiting to see who the new manager will be and whether he is going to be part ofvthe new manager's plans.

The way we are playing at the moment we need 2 of those teams in financial trouble to go into administration and have points deducted as this appears to be our best chance of staying in this league. That or this takeover happening before January.

Whatever Harris’ budget he has to factor in Evans’ left overs before anything else.

I’ve heard rumours that both Ehmer and Tutonda are on around 2-2.5k a week, which isnt bad going considering they came to us after relegation and is very very good for league 2.

If we say they are both on 2k that’s 224k gone already, before hes

With that in mind it wouldn’t surprise me if the like of Lee, Reeves, MacDonald, and O’Keefe aren’t on similar, if not more.

I don’t believe we have a budget of 1.1m, but I do believe Harris was hamstrung by Evans’ penchant for signing below average players on above average wages.

Harris knew what he was getting into when he took the job, and he should have done a better job with recruitment as the players he’s signed don’t seem capable of playing the style of football he wants.

£2k to 2.5k a week for Tutonda?! 😵‍💫

FFS

One of the most frustrating things is that the club began the season with a blank canvass, most players had left and a whole new team could be built. The team needed improving from last season if it was to have any chance. If anything it has got worse.

It is a depressing division to be in anyway, small towns, low crowds, small away followings, lots of long trips, the football is not great to watch. All that is bearable if the team is doing well. It is hard to bear when it isnt.

Make no bones about it, we are in a relegation battle, there is just no creativity. Talk of a potential takeover/sale may be having a destabilising effect. Harris probably knows he will be replaced if new owners come in. The players are waiting to see who the new manager will be and whether he is going to be part ofvthe new manager's plans.

most players had left…. Unfortunately apart from the expensive ones that we couldn’t get shot of because no one in their right mind wanted them either

£2k to 2.5k a week for Tutonda?! 😵‍💫

FFS
I heard another rumour, so needs to be taken with a pinch of salt, that when Evans fell out with Scally he intentionally went out and spunked his budget on big wages for players while having no intention of trying to achieve anything in the league.

could explain the signing of the likes of Ehmer and Tutonda, and sick notes likes reeves. Do you think Evans is the sort of person who would intentionally sabotage the season to try and get sacked?

could explain the signing of the likes of Ehmer and Tutonda, and sick notes likes reeves. Do you think Evans is the sort of person who would intentionally sabotage the season to try and get sacked?

Not before the season starts. That particular rumour sounds like complete bullshit pulled out of thin air.

In fact it’s not really a rumour more a conspiracy theory.

Not before the season starts. That particular rumour sounds like complete bullshit pulled out of thin air.

In fact it’s not really a rumour more a conspiracy theory.
Probably, hence why I said that it needs to be taken with a pinch of salt.

but none the less, it was a strange decision to sign Ehmer and Tutonda from a freshly relegated Bristol Rovers. But Evans did make a lot of strange decisions when I came to signings

Evans has a habit of signing former players - Ehmer was his captain wasn’t he?
He was, not sure bringing him back after getting relegated at Bristol Rovers was the right choice, he didn’t exactly cover himself in glory whilst he was there.

Evans did have a habit of signing players, telling us they were great and that fans would love them, then either dropping the players or sending them out on season long loans.

Evans did have a habit of signing players, telling us they were great and that fans would love them, then either dropping the players or sending them out on season long loans.

According to Darragh McAnthony on his pod. They had a manager that seemed to sign a lot of players from Scotland. A lot of players that had previously played for him. And a lot of players from the same agents. Hmmm. Although Darragh didn’t name him. Maybe he meant Darren Ferguson or Grant McCann 🤷‍♂️

According to Darragh McAnthony on his pod. They had a manager that seemed to sign a lot of players from Scotland. A lot of players that had previously played for him. And a lot of players from the same agents. Hmmm. Although Darragh didn’t name him. Maybe he meant Darren Ferguson or Grant McCann 🤷‍♂️

if you look at the time line (I did, must get a life) it was definitely Evans he was referring to. Did you hear when “a particular manager” threatened to quit just before the season started unless he got another striker in?

Probably, hence why I said that it needs to be taken with a pinch of salt.

but none the less, it was a strange decision to sign Ehmer and Tutonda from a freshly relegated Bristol Rovers. But Evans did make a lot of strange decisions when I came to signings

I always felt Joey Bartons assessment of Ehmer was fairly accurate and was glad when he left the first time. IMO of course.

I think Barton used him as a scape goat, but Ehmer just isn’t the player he was under Edinburgh.
Their fans on social media tend to say he’s their worst ever signing, so it’s not just Barton who slated him.
I think he’s ok, a laid back style and can switch off costing goals, but Baggott last week said Max’s experience has helped him a lot.
One thing with Ehmer though is a few seasons back, probably in his first spell with us, he used to chip In with a few goals a season. Since he came back he may have only scored about 1 goal in total, obviously doesn’t help with the team struggling for goals in general.

I think Barton used him as a scape goat, but Ehmer just isn’t the player he was under Edinburgh.

That’s because Edinburgh kept him mostly on the bench, instead favouring Oshilaja (and later Lennon and El-Abd) to partner Egan (fitness depending). I believe Ehmer only started when the others were injured.