Despite the relegation l was very
optimistic about this season.
One of the key things Harris said
was to get the recruitment right .
Sadly he has failed in that department
And now l question he's ability with some
very poor signings.
When we go behind in any game l basically
feel it is game over due to lack of a decent striker.

When he first came to the club
He had an almost impossible job
to keep the Gills up.
But they kept the season going
right to the last game.
very poor signings.

Trying to work out if this is a poem?

to keep the Gills up.
right to the last game.
very poor signings.

Spot on I think we all knew it was game over (from one point gained today) as soon as they scored.

With NH being a forward in his career it was the defence I was more concerned about not the strikers or for that matter just scoring goals

Can’t do poetry. How about a song
We’ve got Super Neil Harris
He has no clue what we need
Shite in attack
Shite at the back
Gills going out the Football League

I take no pleasure in this. Just very annoyed atm

to keep the Gills up.
right to the last game.

very poor signings.

According to harris he didnt get the players he wanted i.e. we couldnt afford them.

I'm not sure its fair to say he got it wrong. The club didnt allow him to sign the players he felt he needed.

Perhaps we signed the wrong manager. Rather than one with only championship experience we should have gone for one with league 2 experience and used to working with sweet fa in terms of budget.

According to harris he didnt get the players he wanted i.e. we couldnt afford them.

I'm not sure its fair to say he got it wrong. The club didnt allow him to sign the players he felt he needed.

Perhaps we signed the wrong manager. Rather than one with only championship experience we should have gone for one with league 2 experience and used to working with sweet fa in terms of budget.

When you are on a tight budget it is essential to try and spend that money wisely.
The recruitment of walker, Alexander and the player from Portsmouth were money wasted in my opinion when we had home grown players that were let go that were no worse than the players l have mentioned.
He mentioned about signing Kelman but couldn't afford him . He probably could have signed him but opted to sign players that were not required

As I’ve said 100 times Mark, the budget is what it is, and Harris would have been totally aware before signing his contract.
This demise is totally on him.
There is no way that Gillingham have a bottom three budget.
It’s him and his team that are underperforming.

As I’ve said 100 times Mark, the budget is what it is, and Harris would have been totally aware before signing his contract.
This demise is totally on him.
There is no way that Gillingham have a bottom three budget.
It’s him and his team that are underperforming.

If (big ‘if’ maybe) it’s about £1.1m as mentioned above that would put us about where we are in the budget league table.

How many times did Harris say: “He’s a player we’ve been chasing for a while.”?

If (big ‘if’ maybe) it’s about £1.1m as mentioned above that would put us about where we are in the budget league table.
There’s no way that anyone knows the budget unless you’re Scally, Fisher, Harris or someone working in GFC’s accounts department. I’d take £1.1m figure with a huge pinch of salt.

The budget was such that we had to take a punt on several players. The defensive minded players, particularly Baggott, have worked out a lot better than the forward players.

Jordan Green is an example. Has knocked around a few league clubs, then the non league, then seemed to have regained his love for the game on trial with us, so I do not think anyone was criticising the decision to hand him a deal. Quickly nicknamed Greenaldo for his exciting dribbling and scored a couple of goals in friendlies/cup. Seems to have got lost again. Clearly not someone you would want in the trenches.

One obvious truth is that Harris was never the right choice to put together a functional agricultural side like Pulis or Allen.

You would think with Neil Harris’ experience in front of goal he could at least show the strikers how convert the odd chance or two?

There’s no way that anyone knows the budget unless you’re Scally, Fisher, Harris or someone working in GFC’s accounts department. I’d take £1.1m figure with a huge pinch of salt.

Agree, but I envisage Harris doesn't actually know our budget compared to other teams. How could he? He, probably like us, can look at team, their owners and crowds and have a stab. That being the case, I am pretty sure we are a long way from the bottom four budget, so I would suggest that he stops going on about it. Would love to see him asked some challenging questions about the budget (i.e. why are Barrow 5th - a non-league set-up effectively), but the Radio Kent and GFC patsies won't go there.

Oh absolutely, hence the ‘if’, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was around that mark tbh. Struggling to see where any more money than that would have been spent.