Smoking | Vital Football

Smoking

The Fear

A Wise Man (once sat next to him)
Beautiful evening. Sea calm, lovely fresh air and enjoying the sea bar. Then the cancer stick brigade game down and fill the place into a smog to the point I had to get out as my breathing is limited enough due to my crushed ribs.

The uk have at least got one thing right banning these cancerous stinking shit sticks from public places.

Why do people do that to themselves and more to the point, why do the arses hold the fags away from them and in other people's faces, you chose to light the things, at least you could take the stench and smoke yourself.

Young people now they have the warnings, as opposed to older generations, most of whom are / have died off due to cancer, were lied too. So why is it still done? Also can't stand the hypocrisy of our law banning other drugs but allowing these due to the income.

I can see the point of many drugs, fags will forever baffle me. It also baffles me how some smokers talk about other drugs as all bad without realising the filth they put in their bodies every time they light one of these stinking cancer ridden devices up.

Mental.

Rant over.

:17:

Hope you feel better for it :15: I know when we went on holiday as smokers we rebelled alot over it as you are restricted at home. I think people smoke more on holiday because of it and because they are cheap.

Being a non smoker now I know what you mean.

Most of us, of my generation, started as young people cos our parents adults around were doing it.

:139: :139: :139: This won't harm you though :135:

I hate the fact our government tells me what I want to do is illegal but these shirt sticks are ok because it makes them money.

Has to be one of the Dumbest drugs in the world.

Think you are younger than me, I damn the older generations were conned, ones of my nans age where it was suggested it was good them.

Just don't get favs at all, vile things.

I remember a mate of mine back in the day used to hold his fag in my face until I lost my temper, told him next time I would give him the by product of my habit and piss on him. He knew too well I would have, he never did it again.

Lol

Never started , as I never do anything I don't want to . I've never been a sheep or even had a sheep :10:

No, agreed, same bunch of mates, about six smoked, four didn't. The other three ended up smoking because of peer group pressure.

Probably won't surprise you I don't capitulate to such things!!

Can't understand how the youngsters can afford their cancer sticks either, they cost a fortune these days.

Smoked when I was about 15 for about 8 months because it was 'big' and most of my mates did at the time. Afterwards I stopped because I didn't get anything out of it, and never smoked since. No problem.

Never felt the urge to smoke , have a tattoo , ear ring or take drugs .
Peer pressure was there but nah I'm me , I even drive a Lexus because everyone else drive a fecking German car. A Lexus is like a German car for thinking people.

In recognition of this thread, I've just lit up. :139:

No agree though, so many smokers are ignorant arseholes in how they behave.

Yes I smoke, you know that well JF, but I'd never hold a fag in your face or blow smoke in that way. Christ me and the missus leave our house when we have folks round who don't smoke out of respect for them.

It's not difficult.

(It's why we don't meet many people boom boom.)

My dad died of lung cancer when I was 18.
It's no way to go.

There are two aspects to smoking:

1. Addiction
2. Self-harm.

Once you deal with issues relating to self-harm
the addiction aspect is much easier to deal with.

Kids think it's cool. When I was at secondary school (4 years ago now) even some of the 12 year olds were smoking.

The more they get told not to, the cooler it becomes.

Also there is a social side to it, smokers all go together for a fag and hang out whilst smoking. It's a stupid thing to do to be honest. Incredibly bad for you and it's expensive.

Man up, Fear and have a smoke. You're on holiday. You are supposed to be enjoying yourself, not moaning on the Internet.

I would rather shoot up than light up thanks!! Lol

Nah,seriously, last night I was just unlucky with who sat by me, from both sides, lovely and peaceful and fresh air one minute, then the awful stench if cheap fags the next.

It's strange how it is still seen as cool by the kids though, there is very little cool about it as the pictures etc in the quitting read very easily demonstrate.

Hey ho!!

I'd smoke like a fucking demon if it didn't kill me. First company to devise a health-giving cigarette would make a trillion, I presume that's what the big tobacco companies are trying to do, and I don't mean crappy e-cigs either.

Why saurat? Just don't see what it gives?

I realise it is addictive so people are conned/hooked, but it stinks and does nothing of any use.

I have smoked about 3 or 4 times but neither stint lasted very long just simply never got anything out of it hated the taste in my mouth in the mornings used to make me heave never smoked for about 24 years now but I suppose I'm one of the lucky ones.My missus smokes like a trooper but not in the house and she suffers with Asthma absolutely crazy I just can't get my head round that one.

The Fear - 20/5/2014 10:26

Why saurat? Just don't see what it gives?

I realise it is addictive so people are conned/hooked, but it stinks and does nothing of any use.

I used to enjoy the occasional thin rollie, perhaps two or three per day. Then I gave up a few years ago when my neighbour died of lung cancer, and he was only five years older than me. No, I wouldn't smoke like a demon actually. I only had a few each day so each one seemed 'special' like a little treat. I just like the action of lighting up, inhaling, exhaling, flicking the ash into the ashtray. Fortunately I didn't have an addiction, so giving up was easy.