Smith And Ihiekwe Latest | Vital Football

Smith And Ihiekwe Latest

Caz, they have both gone to the Owls. I was wrong to say on your other thread after PW's interview that I was wrong and the club's handling of this was right. It wasn't. We let the pair and their agents lead us a merry dance and now we are groping around to try to sort out replacements. I just feel TS's words now ring hollow and we seem to be preparing for life back in League 1. If we now sign Eaves as Smith's "replacement" I shall be properly fed up.

Why on earth did PW state so publicly he thought one or both might stay? Makes us look naive and a slap in the face for fans. Grrrr.

It's not the loss of these two that bothers me in itself. I think both would struggle to perform consistently in the Championship and Smith outperformed in goals terms last season. I'm more concerned at the quality of recruitment and (I know I bang on about it) the bizarre situation with Kelly. I was told yesterday by someone who probably makes these things up that he is to be loaned out. If we enter next season with Eaves and Washington as our primary strike pairing I will collapse.

Last edited: