Slow it down Alli.. | Page 2 | Vital Football

Slow it down Alli..

80deg16minW - 19/9/2017 17:42

I think that is the problem. It's tough.

he's been doing a lot of commercial work lately - the demand for his services must be high, and his attention to his girlfriend may also act as a bit of a distraction..

Under these circumstances a sensible agent would protect him and remind him what his priorities should be - and reassure him; this may well be the first time that the mounting criticism from some of our fans and elsewhere might be getting to him - but it could just as easily be a dip in form that all young players tend to go through.

Patience is the key for everone now - he'll come out of it soon enough, just as eriksen did when he was getting pelters from our fans..

Bald Archie - 19/9/2017 16:19

cliffy - 19/9/2017 13:57

Bald Archie - 19/9/2017 13:32

There is something going on behind the scenes that we are not aware of.

B.A., if you are that certain, then you are aware of it. So what is it?
I don't have any inside knowledge Cliffy, but we have all seen how unhappy he has looked this season. The non-celebration of that goal he scored being the most obvious, but his whole demeanor seems odd. Then we have that statement from Porky which skirts around the houses, and if there were no issue I wouldn't have thought there was a need for any sort of statement.

Initially I thought that it was becuae he had had an approach from on eof the giants and been told that he wasn't going to be allowed to go - and I see him as super-ambitious with no great tie to us - or that he was not happy with our transfer window as it really wasn't what a club would do that had just finished 2nd and with ambitions to go one better.

Probably both BA.

The real problem we have in the short term he and Eriksen just do not have any competition. Which is frigging ridiculous considering the amount of transfer windows we have had since Alli arrived.

Hence why we need to push the youngsters we have. Only option we have now.

Real Deal - 19/9/2017 20:48

Bald Archie - 19/9/2017 16:19

cliffy - 19/9/2017 13:57

Bald Archie - 19/9/2017 13:32

There is something going on behind the scenes that we are not aware of.

B.A., if you are that certain, then you are aware of it. So what is it?
I don't have any inside knowledge Cliffy, but we have all seen how unhappy he has looked this season. The non-celebration of that goal he scored being the most obvious, but his whole demeanor seems odd. Then we have that statement from Porky which skirts around the houses, and if there were no issue I wouldn't have thought there was a need for any sort of statement.

Initially I thought that it was becuae he had had an approach from on eof the giants and been told that he wasn't going to be allowed to go - and I see him as super-ambitious with no great tie to us - or that he was not happy with our transfer window as it really wasn't what a club would do that had just finished 2nd and with ambitions to go one better.

Probably both BA.

The real problem we have in the short term he and Eriksen just do not have any competition. Which is frigging ridiculous considering the amount of transfer windows we have had since Alli arrived.

Hence why we need to push the youngsters we have. Only option we have now.
Very true. Buying Alli was an absolute no-brainer on may levels, but I wonder at times if Porky is scared to buy creative midfield talent? It is mad that the club still only has one genuine CM in Eriksen.

The commentators on TalkSport tonight covering our game against Barnsley, commented that Alli didn't look very happy and kept throwing his arms up in frustration. Just a bt more background evidence.

Bald Archie - 19/9/2017 21:48

The commentators on TalkSport tonight covering our game against Barnsley, commented that Alli didn't look very happy and kept throwing his arms up in frustration. Just a bt more background evidence.

Yeah, I know, B.A. I was being a bit silly there, as if playing devil's advocate.

Bald Archie - 19/9/2017 21:48

It was a frustrating game. We were finding it hard to break down a young barnsley team. I think fans and the media are just trying to create something that isnt there. Alli can be a moody, angry players at times. Its just who he is.

Enjoy him whilst we can because i believe he will be gone in the next 2 seasons. He already said he wont commit to anything and anything can happen in the future regarding leaving.

He celebrated his goal this time.

As for no competition, we beat Dortmund with Son starting over Dele and played well. I think there is some competition but obviously it could be stronger.

I am happy with Dele, haven't seen anything to suggest that he is unhappy or is lacking in form. 2 pl goals from five games proves he still knows how to score. The article made out that Ali doesn't show up for top 6 games yet in two seasons he has managed to score against the Chavs, Arse, Man. U and Man.c. Ali has been the youngest starter for 2 seasons and no doubt he will be the youngest stater again this season. Fergie would have shielded a player like Ali away from the Media and model girlfriends for as long as possible at 21 Ali is just entering manhood and will get better as a player, however, already he is one of the best players at spurs. MP has built the team around Ali, Kane and Ce and to me this makes sense.

More to the point I think he averaging a goal every two to three games.

Gotta like that.

What someone needs to do is sit the lad down and explain that one great season does not a world class player make...he needs to knuckle down and perform week in week out, Commercially and financially he is a lucky boy but it will dry up soon enough if he fails to deliver, whoever he plays for.

People talked about Harry Kane as maybe a one season wonder...well he is far more than that as we know, and Ali would be well advised to take a leaf out of the Harry book of conduct, professionalism and loyalty.