Sky TV | Vital Football

Sky TV

Acko1956

Vital Reserves Team
See Leeds game is on Sky making three appearances in three weeks more cash for the coffers UTB

Yes Sky must be very eager to get Leeds back in the Premiership, they are almost a sponsor, so far this Season, How is this even allowed to happen ?

Leeds have 7(Seven)of their next 8(eight)games on Sky,i wonder how many times they'd have em on if they were top of pile?:giggle: UTCB

Getting great value for my Sky this year, great bonus with the Red button as well. Can't be too long before they televise Sat 3pm kick offs that would be a real bonus.

Getting great value for my Sky this year, great bonus with the Red button as well. Can't be too long before they televise Sat 3pm kick offs that would be a real bonus.
Next step is they will all be on box office they’re just getting you used to watching them all first then boom ?

Fans want the opportunity to watch their football in different ways, other than going to a football stadium to watch it for numerous reasons, that's the world we live in now.
yeah your right of course its the age were in im afraid but it is killing attendances and affecting atmospheres inside stadiums but of course clubs get recompenced well so are not that bothered about half empty stadiums im old hat im afraid and remember the days of full grounds and fantastic atmospheres football aint the same for me

yeah your right of course its the age were in im afraid but it is killing attendances and affecting atmospheres inside stadiums but of course clubs get recompenced well so are not that bothered about half empty stadiums im old hat im afraid and remember the days of full grounds and fantastic atmospheres football aint the same for me

Fair play to McCabe with season tickets, but not everybody can afford that outlay or is able or wants to go to every game. The hassle and cost of picking your games is another factor, gone are the days off walking up to the turnstile and paying if you fancy attending a game, too old and couldn't be bothered for all that.

Fair play to McCabe with season tickets, but not everybody can afford that outlay or is able or wants to go to every game. The hassle and cost of picking your games is another factor, gone are the days off walking up to the turnstile and paying if you fancy attending a game, too old and couldn't be bothered for all that.
agree fnaf im not a season ticket holder either and find it tough to afford games actually think the 26 pound ticket price for the pig game is too high for people over 60 especially with the poor seating and facilities on our kop personally although nothing like chansiris complete overpricing policy i do think our match day prices are a little high

Fans want the opportunity to watch their football in different ways, other than going to a football stadium to watch it for numerous reasons, that's the world we live in now.

Would you like to see Stadiums empty like they were for the Coatia/England game (empty for a different reason i know).

Armchair or Stadium............:hmmm:

Would you like to see Stadiums empty like they were for the Coatia/England game (empty for a different reason i know).

Armchair or Stadium............:hmmm:

Thats a gigantic leap, offering fans an alternative to view games on tv, to empty stadiums, interesting. Think its more down to individual preference attend matches or the option to take advantage of Sky or other technology to watch games. Its called choice.

Tv's a good substitution but theer's nowt like bein at BDBL on match days for me.It's a no brainer if i can get to BDBL i go,i'm a season ticket holder and i save mi pounds in a savings tin and when it's time for renewin i've usually got enuff left over to gi mi a flyin start tostart savin for the next S/T,old fashioned i know but it works for me.BDBL's the finest place on the planet as far as i'm concerned and i feel the same whatever's happenin on't pitch but then i'm a clappin TRUE BLADE.:toot::toot::toot::toot:UTCB

Thats a gigantic leap, offering fans an alternative to view games on tv, to empty stadiums, interesting. Think its more down to individual preference attend matches or the option to take advantage of Sky or other technology to watch games. Its called choice.

You would have empty stadiums tho if all fans followed the armchair "choice"

Sky would not be bothered how many fans turn up to stadiums as long as they have the individuals Tv subscription £'s,did those ***** invent the 12.30pm Ko and the 17.30pm Ko.:downer:

15.00/3.00 pm Ko is it a dying breed.

Money is ruining sport,Sky/BT now have F1,Golf,Football Ch Lge,Football Eur Lge the list just goes on

They did create the 12.30 and 17.30 kick off's, and the 16.00 and 12.00 etc etc etc.

For fans who like to experience their football first hand, i.e from the stands then they are killing the game but for others,like myself with SUFC for well known reasons, they provide the next best thing, live coverage.

The game still needs fans present but Sky have little interest in that and the clubs have little choice as the reward for being on TV is often greater than the receipts from the actual game..

Sky's bigger problem is preventing games being accessed by others and not through their costly subscription method.

They're not killing it for those who like to experience it from the stands first-hand though, are they? People can still do that at a club like ours where tickets are fairly readily available. Imagine what the ticket prices would be without the TV money...

You would have empty stadiums tho if all fans followed the armchair "choice"

Sky would not be bothered how many fans turn up to stadiums as long as they have the individuals Tv subscription £'s,did those ***** invent the 12.30pm Ko and the 17.30pm Ko.:downer:

15.00/3.00 pm Ko is it a dying breed.

Money is ruining sport,Sky/BT now have F1,Golf,Football Ch Lge,Football Eur Lge the list just goes on

I may have missed it, but I don't remember Utd or any other club digging their heels in and refusing to get on the gravy train that is Sky or BT. Utd don't complain their season ticket holders are being inconvenienced by date and time changes they just take the money and say thank you. Can't ever see empty stadiums there has and always will be that hard core of fans who enjoy attending matches. Technology has moved the game on as in other sports offering alternatives to how they are viewed. To easy to blame Sky, Utd and most clubs depend on it ask KM.

They're not killing it for those who like to experience it from the stands first-hand though, are they? People can still do that at a club like ours where tickets are fairly readily available. Imagine what the ticket prices would be without the TV money...

As crowds diminish, as atmosphere lessens the 'special experience' of attending a match live also decreases.

Ally this to the fact that you can get a vicarious fix of football via an increasing number of platforms, ally it to the myriad other leisure attractions readily available to all and ally it to the social pressures of spending 'quality time' with family/friends/the dog etc and slowly, gradually the game is experiencing death by a thousand cuts.

The traditional, loyal die hard fans will diminish over a long period and Sky cares not a jot as the PL provides them with massive revenues across the wider world.

Will the game be as attractive a spectacle to thos world wide fan when there is little,if any, atmosphere? That's probably their biggest looming problem but I'm sure they have enough recordings to dub sound/crowd atmosphere onto a match 'live'.