Sky or Virgin | Vital Football

Sky or Virgin

Toonster

Vital Youth Team
I am thinking of changing from Sky to Virgin for TV, broadband and phone. I have been with Sky for about 18 years but only for TV. The broadband and phone are on BT.
Just received a great offer from Virgin to join them, but wonder is it too good to be true.
I have had a mixed reaction from friends. Any advice?

I switched to Virgin a couple of years back, no issues at all apart from the interactive menus not being as intuitive a Sky. £45 a month or so but we don't bother with any extra channels - Sky Sports/Movies etc. Just download them as the internet speed is phenomenal.

Sky has nice little touches such as Sky Go for the sports etc and there are some cracking new customer offers.

But I use my internet more than my TV for gaming etc and Virgin pisses all over BT/Sky - although customer service can be a nightmare.

Concur with elgorm.

I have the XL package with Tivo and an extra box upstairs and I pay £60 a month. I don't do movies or sports, but I do get BT sports included.

The dealers I have had with customer services have been by and large OK, and they always get the problem rectified.

I have 152mb broadband with new supahub 2 which can connect upto 15 devices IE laptops ipads and phones
all tv channels (except movies)
free BT sports which is transmitted in 4K if you have a 4K tv you`ll be amazed!
2 extra tv boxes
free landline calls 24/7

i pay £99 a month which when i had sky for the tv was paying £130 combined so for me if you can get cable virginmedia its a no brainer, virgin pisses all over sky re: broadband speeds.

I was getting about 20mb upload on 150mbs when I was on it.

On BT now and whilst it's reasonable speeds of around 45mbs it seems much less stable.

if im downlaoding from torrents i get a straight 181mb, uploads is 15mb, even if im on laptop 20 yrds down the garden i download at 100mb, theres no comparison to BT infinity which if your lucky you might get 40mb.

The SuperHub 2 is actually very good. The superhub 1 was a disaster but they've managed to sort all the issues.

The infinity box has a very week signal, not sure what the sky box is like.

I was always led to believe virgin media upload speeds were shite compared with their download speeds. i just wish they would branch out in rural areas because they would make a fortune.

sorry pm nowt against you mate but ive stopped using my invites in here as i nearly got banned because some people on here i gave invites too abused the rules of the site RE ratio.

Thanks for the advice lads, it's much appreciated.
I think my mind is made up and I will be taking up the offer from Virgin.
I'll let you know how I get on.

I don't bother paying for a tv subscription, with upc in order to give you broadband they have to have the cable switched on, so we get the basic channels for free and 200mb broadband for 20 euro a month (about £16). Then watch everything on the android box.

If ya have it to spend then by all means pay out mad money for the service but you can get pretty much everything for free once you have a decent internet connection..

claud_ballz - 7/1/2015 13:50

sorry pm nowt against you mate but ive stopped using my invites in here as i nearly got banned because some people on here i gave invites too abused the rules of the site RE ratio.

I know I cocked up my Revolution invite from you Claud as I stupidly downloaded a 50gb file by accident and it knocked my ratio to hell.

I can't remember who i got my torrentday invite from as ive had it for years now but dont use it as much as i should, although the ratio is a respectable 1.1.