Skubala and Taylor Nominated... | Page 2 | Vital Football

Skubala and Taylor Nominated...

The award 'trophy' itself looks a shade tacky, doesn't even say what month or year. Job lot from Aldi?

Congratulations to Joe on winning the player of the month award.

But not giving the manager's award to Skoobs is an atrocious decision!

Clearly you have to be the manager of a perceived "big" club, or a "character" at a "small" club and the Imps now lie somewhere between the two.

The whole award is a bit of a joke TBF.

Did Joe even win our player of the month? Same as Reeco the month before..?

I would say both award criteria are flawed.

That said I'm really please for Joe. He's clearly a confidence player and this award may be a supercharge for the run in..

The EFL (and the panel) are supposed to be unbiased in giving these awards but there clearly is bias here and that is rotten.

I can understand the Pompey manager winning the Feb award as they matched our record and scored more goals.

I absolutely cannot understand how Skubala didn't win March MOM. Best record and most goals. Plus the added that he narrowly missed out in Feb.

I know it is supposed to be a bit of fun but no wonder there are questionable decisions made by approving dodgy owners, terrible refereeing decisions etc if they cannot choose a manager of the month correctly.

Now let's think why would the manager who has been consistently top of the form table for two months even get a sniff of the award when you can give it to 2 managers who were below or level with him in the form table when they get the awards but manage bigger clubs. Could it be to do with the size and success of the clubs involved me thinks, no surely not!!

If and when Skubala ever did win the award if I were him I would tell them to shove it where the sun doesn't shine. Utterly pathetic!

This might not go down well here. But Derby did win more games than us in March. Sure they lost one, but in playing a game more they got 15 points to our 13.
Not saying they made the right call, but you could maybe see why they did it.
Personally, I'm not too fussed as I doubt Skoobs is either.

This might not go down well here. But Derby did win more games than us in March. Sure they lost one, but in playing a game more they got 15 points to our 13.
Not saying they made the right call, but you could maybe see why they did it.
Personally, I'm not too fussed as I doubt Skoobs is either.
And in February, Moushino won the award after 4 wins and a draw from 5 games; Skubala had 5 wins and a draw from 6 games in February.

Paul Warne, the man hated by his own supporters for his tedious football and geriatric squad.

Ludicrous decision again.

And in February, Moushino won the award after 4 wins and a draw from 5 games; Skubala had 5 wins and a draw from 6 games in February.

Paul Warne, the man hated by his own supporters for his tedious football and geriatric squad.

Ludicrous decision again.
As I said, I don't care about the decision and didn't say it was the right one. Just offered a little reasonable data that might be behind it! Only noticed it because I had a quick look at the Derby results for March.
That February doesn't match probably disproves it. I guess we will all sleep well regardless.

Not 16 in March though.
As I said, I don't care about the decision and didn't say it was the right one. Just offering a little reasonable data that might be behind it!
Wasn't having a go at your post, just the powers that be ignoring our amazing results

The decision seems perfectly justified to me. We failed to beat a Steve Evans team at home, which should be enough on its own to stop any manager winning the award. But we also failed to keep a clean sheet throughout the month and at the end of March our unbeaten run had only reached 14 games. In any case Michael had deservedly won the award in February, you can't keep giving it to the same manager.

The decision seems perfectly justified to me. We failed to beat a Steve Evans team at home, which should be enough on its own to stop any manager winning the award. But we also failed to keep a clean sheet throughout the month and at the end of March our unbeaten run had only reached 14 games. In any case Michael had deservedly won the award in February, you can't keep giving it to the same manager.
:giggle:

Think you need to learn to use olive, Clive! MS can nearly win as many awards as we like so long as his team keep delivering where it matters, and to be where we are now is a fantastic achievement irrespective of what happens over the next 4/6/7 games.

I do love a bit of irony 🤔🤫