Six Nations 2024 | Vital Football

Six Nations 2024

JuanPabloAngel

Alert Team
Blimey, it's started already! I must have been living under a rock.

Ireland off to a flier in Marseille. France have had a man sent off, but have scored on the stroke of half-time to go in 17-10 down.

Set up for a good second half...

How are you feeling @BBJ?!

Blimey, it's started already! I must have been living under a rock.

Ireland off to a flier in Marseille. France have had a man sent off, but have scored on the stroke of half-time to go in 17-10 down.

Set up for a good second half...

How are you feeling @BBJ?!

Never in doubt.....:whist:
Seriously, I am very pleasantly surprised. That was our best ever result in an away game to France in the 6 Nations (and, before that, the 5 Nations).

France looked a bit lost without their main man Dupont and Ntamack, but well done Ireland all the same as they did win convincingly. I can’t see much getting in their way now in their quest for another grand slam.

Last edited:
France looked a bit lost without their main man Dupont and Ntamack, but well done Ireland all the same as they did win convincingly. I can’t see much getting in their way now in their quest for another grand slam.
Still a lot of rugby to play.
The beauty of the 6N is that any of the teams (with a question mark over Italy at the moment) can beat any of the others on a given day.

Never in doubt.....:whist:
Seriously, I am very pleasantly surprised. That was our best ever result in an away game to France in the 6 Nations (and, before that, the 5 Nations).

gotta be the best in the world ,at the moment, , altough i missed the match, mother in law, had some cooking thing on, seanie

Just thought I would pop in - rugby not my bag. However it was Mr KK so, that's my effort. Oh and a picture too 🫠FB_IMG_1567849774048.jpg

Interesting first weekend. Was hard to see if England are really improving, whilst building for the future, and if Italy are also improving massively from the awful state they have been in. OR... if England are poor and Italy were therefore able to run us close.

Wales... didn't see that fightback coming!

Enjoyed the England Wales game this afternoon and it made a refreshing change from watching match after match of football.
It was also refreshing to see a young England team keep ball in hand and try to run through their opponents. It was a tight game but I think England just about deserved their win.
Looks promising for the future.

Agreed. Glad we didn't lose over that one non conversion as well. That was a bit harsh!

Wales also young and building, the future for the six nations looks good

Ireland's 36-0 win over Italy was really a routine day at the office.

Yes, and what disappointed me was it showed Italy really haven't improved, as I had hoped they might have due to the close result with England.

I have found it a farce since they came into the old 5 nations, and you would think by now they would have been able to be more competitive, and at least win the odd match wouldn't you!?

Ireland look like they will take a lot of stopping for sure.

Yes, and what disappointed me was it showed Italy really haven't improved, as I had hoped they might have due to the close result with England.

I have found it a farce since they came into the old 5 nations, and you would think by now they would have been able to be more competitive, and at least win the odd match wouldn't you!?

Ireland look like they will take a lot of stopping for sure.
On paper, Ireland ought to win their three remaining games but I'm counting no chickens, Jonathan.
As for Italy, they seem to be running just to stay where they've always been.

Today was good again from the sporting point of view* - excellent win for Villa and another bonus point victory for Ireland, now the only unbeaten team in the Six Nations.
Twickenham in a fortnight could be very tasty!

* I know that England lost out in Edinburgh so realise that not all on here will wholeheartedly endorse the sentiments of my first ten words.

Today was good again from the sporting point of view* - excellent win for Villa and another bonus point victory for Ireland, now the only unbeaten team in the Six Nations.
Twickenham in a fortnight could be very tasty!

* I know that England lost out in Edinburgh so realise that not all on here will wholeheartedly endorse the sentiments of my first ten words.
Well as a very frustrated English man BBJ, don't forget Fulhams win.

Shocking game management from England today, absolutely amateurish at times.

Awarded a penalty in the first half while we are leading about 30yds out. Decide to play, lose the advantage and get turned over.

2nd half awarded a penalty in our own half and play on rather than kick for touch - shocking decision.

Finally, score a try and the idiot touches down as soon as he crosses the line rather than running the ball behind the post (or in that general direction) and what happens? The kicker hits the post. Would probably of converted if given the extra 3 or 4yds.

To me, England squandered 9pts through shocking game management.

Shocking game management from England today, absolutely amateurish at times.

Awarded a penalty in the first half while we are leading about 30yds out. Decide to play, lose the advantage and get turned over.

2nd half awarded a penalty in our own half and play on rather than kick for touch - shocking decision.

Finally, score a try and the idiot touches down as soon as he crosses the line rather than running the ball behind the post (or in that general direction) and what happens? The kicker hits the post. Would probably of converted if given the extra 3 or 4yds.

To me, England squandered 9pts through shocking game management.

Started well, went so scrappy and ill disciplined didn't they? As you say, some of it was amateurish.

I'm (pleasantly) surprised that Ireland have gone in ahead at half-time 12-8 against England at Twickenham.