Sissoko off to Qatar as well..? | Page 3 | Vital Football

Sissoko off to Qatar as well..?

He no doubt spotted and endorsed De Ligt, De Jong, Fernandes, Dybala, Pulisic, Ziyech, Kovacic, Sancho etc. Not that was his job to spot talent but we were linked with all of them in his tenure. The problem was that the people around him had no ability to close deals and always left it one or two years too late. Then he had to move onto list B, list C that you refer to and then took the bullets for the purchases as if they were his making. He couldn't win, even when he changed his stance and started refusing them. The narrative was just there to "always blame Poch" even though the guy was stuck between a rock and a hard place.

It always amazes me that the people that slate Poch can never come up with a single credible name of a player that he turned down. I've asked for years. The only logical one I see is Tielemans, when he was available on a loan to buy from France. I can perhaps see how he slipped the net.

Now in 6 years of being in charge, you'd think they'd be loads of names. It's like an unsolved crime :-)
He no doubt spotted and endorsed De Ligt, De Jong, Fernandes, Dybala, Pulisic, Ziyech, Kovacic, Sancho etc. Not that was his job to spot talent but we were linked with all of them in his tenure. The problem was that the people around him had no ability to close deals and always left it one or two years too late. Then he had to move onto list B, list C that you refer to and then took the bullets for the purchases as if they were his making. He couldn't win, even when he changed his stance and started refusing them. The narrative was just there to "always blame Poch" even though the guy was stuck between a rock and a hard place.

It always amazes me that the people that slate Poch can never come up with a single credible name of a player that he turned down. I've asked for years. The only logical one I see is Tielemans, when he was available on a loan to buy from France. I can perhaps see how he slipped the net.

Now in 6 years of being in charge, you'd think they'd be loads of names. It's like an unsolved crime :-)

There were plenty of players who would have improved us smaller clubs signed which we didn't. The world is a pretty big place. It doesn't revolve around the Premier League.

For the record it wasn't our job to find the players it was Poch and the scouting teams job.

Teams like Ajax, Werder Bremen, Leipzig, Leicester, Athletico Madrid have been awesome in the transfer market for years on a small budget. So it can be done.

It was obvious for years Hugo, Dele, Eriksen and Kane never had the appropriate cover or competition.

Lopez was actually a decent back up GK. We spent a year working with him then let him go. Very odd decision.

I would have never bought Aurier. He wasn't needed. Trippier was already here and KWP was pushing hard for the second spot.

I always liked Kevin Wimmer too. He was a solid LCB. We should have kept him for a few more seasons to help Sanchez settle.

So we had 3 players already with us better than what we brought in. ( Gaz, Aurier and Foyth).

Wana and Dembele were starting to break by 2017 and needed competition. I liked Lemina, Doucoure, Partey, Lewis Cook at the time. I all so liked Hojbjerg before he went to Southampton.

I was pushing us to sign Maddison or Brooks to help Dele and Eriksen for the AMs spots. There was another lad that played for Everton. Delfour or something.

I have wanted Malen here for at least 3 years. I suggested Chiesa when he was a nipper at Fiorentina.

I could be here all day if I could be arsed to go back through all the teams squads and what season.

Summer 2018 was the biggest fuck up we ever made in the transfer market. We were starting to decline, we didn't shift the deadwood and didn't sign anyone.

I remember so vividly at the time arguing with people on here that was the turning point. I just knew we would deteriorate from that moment and sadly we did.

There were plenty of players who would have improved us smaller clubs signed which we didn't. The world is a pretty big place. It doesn't revolve around the Premier League.

For the record it wasn't our job to find the players it was Poch and the scouting teams job.

Teams like Ajax, Werder Bremen, Leipzig, Leicester, Athletico Madrid have been awesome in the transfer market for years on a small budget. So it can be done.

It was obvious for years Hugo, Dele, Eriksen and Kane never had the appropriate cover or competition.

Lopez was actually a decent back up GK. We spent a year working with him then let him go. Very odd decision.

I would have never bought Aurier. He wasn't needed. Trippier was already here and KWP was pushing hard for the second spot.

I always liked Kevin Wimmer too. He was a solid LCB. We should have kept him for a few more seasons to help Sanchez settle.

So we had 3 players already with us better than what we brought in. ( Gaz, Aurier and Foyth).

Wana and Dembele were starting to break by 2017 and needed competition. I liked Lemina, Doucoure, Partey, Lewis Cook at the time. I all so liked Hojbjerg before he went to Southampton.

I was pushing us to sign Maddison or Brooks to help Dele and Eriksen for the AMs spots. There was another lad that played for Everton. Delfour or something.

I have wanted Malen here for at least 3 years. I suggested Chiesa when he was a nipper at Fiorentina.

I could be here all day if I could be arsed to go back through all the teams squads and what season.

Summer 2018 was the biggest fuck up we ever made in the transfer market. We were starting to decline, we didn't shift the deadwood and didn't sign anyone.

I remember so vividly at the time arguing with people on here that was the turning point. I just knew we would deteriorate from that moment and sadly we did.

Then you were a year after me. I said at the end of the summer 2017 that finishing 2nd in the league on 86 points and zero net spending that summer was the death knell. We lost Walker and bought Aurier. We bought Foyth, Sanchez, Gazza, Llorente etc. not a first teamer amongst them. No wonder Poch had become so discerning by 2018.

As a chairman, how do you attain 86 points, see your manager land you yet another incremental £40-50m in projected revenues from CL and then hold him to SFA spending? What is the thinking there.

Poch was just one member of a recruitment setup. He had a full-time day job with the 1st team and he had to lean on others who had specific focus on scouting and recruitment. How did they do bringing him names? How did they do landing the names he agreed with? Seriously, they couldn't close a door at that time so you can pick any credible name like Malen or Chiesa, they wouldn't have been able to close the deal. Firing blanks everywhere.

Let's see if Paratici can change that at Spurs. At least we know Nuno won't get the same bullets that have been fired at previous incumbents if we get transfers wrong or can't close.

Then you were a year after me. I said at the end of the summer 2017 that finishing 2nd in the league on 86 points and zero net spending that summer was the death knell. We lost Walker and bought Aurier. We bought Foyth, Sanchez, Gazza, Llorente etc. not a first teamer amongst them. No wonder Poch had become so discerning by 2018.

As a chairman, how do you attain 86 points, see your manager land you yet another incremental £40-50m in projected revenues from CL and then hold him to SFA spending? What is the thinking there.

Poch was just one member of a recruitment setup. He had a full-time day job with the 1st team and he had to lean on others who had specific focus on scouting and recruitment. How did they do bringing him names? How did they do landing the names he agreed with? Seriously, they couldn't close a door at that time so you can pick any credible name like Malen or Chiesa, they wouldn't have been able to close the deal. Firing blanks everywhere.

Let's see if Paratici can change that at Spurs. At least we know Nuno won't get the same bullets that have been fired at previous incumbents if we get transfers wrong or can't close.

So far our signings have followed the same path as above. Unproven and untested in the PL and so not an improvement on our first 11.

Apart from Sanchez I also thought the 2017 transfer window was dog turd. But after finishing 2nd and looking strong I thought we could at least get another 2nd place finish with what we had.

Gaz, Aurier, Foyth were all terrible signings. Like I said in my above post none of them were actually needed. We already had better players here. Llorente was just another panic buy.

We needed to focus on getting in a DM, AM and striker. That was the case for 5 years.

The players were out there. But between all of the transfer committee they ballsed it up.

So far our signings have followed the same path as above. Unproven and untested in the PL and so not an improvement on our first 11.

I have a terrible feeling come the new season we will have lost our best CB and Striker and not replaced either.

I don't know much about the Italian GK but like the Bryan signing.

I have a terrible feeling come the new season we will have lost our best CB and Striker and not replaced either.

I like the signing but have no idea what to expect or if he will make it. Tanganga would be a reasonable replacement for Toby but there are rumours of sending him out on loan which seems strange. Possibly Son is being lined up to replace Kane by changing the way we play ?

I'm

I know what you mean but I've already written this season off. I'm ok with that so long as the long term vision is right.

I like the signing but have no idea what to expect or if he will make it. Tanganga would be a reasonable replacement for Toby but there are rumours of sending him out on loan which seems strange. Possibly Son is being lined up to replace Kane by changing the way we play ?

Just from what we have seen in pre season I would be confident Nuno will play Son as our main striker. Bergwinj LF, Lucas RF with Dele just behind.

Like it or not as it stands that is probably our best attacking quartet.

Looks like he's done a deal for a club in Saudi.

Should be announced today/this week by all accounts.

Good luck Sissonono

Shitsokko is hopefully 'desserting' us then ......probably going for a dessert 'song' as well...thought we could 'palm' him off for a few bob, ..apparently his favourite band is Oasis, and he just loves Sand wiches.

Yeah I know................,,:shake::shake:

I don't, I can only guess, I suspect we're giving him away to get his wages off our books.

Be interesting to put a value to reduced salaries towards the end of the transfer window. We started last season with Bale, Gedson and Vini on the payroll. We've so far taken off Rose, Gazza, Toby, Lamela etc and could easily see Sissoko, Aurier join them.

It starts to feel in the £30-40m range soon even without Kane.

Be interesting to put a value to reduced salaries towards the end of the transfer window. We started last season with Bale, Gedson and Vini on the payroll. We've so far taken off Rose, Gazza, Toby, Lamela etc and could easily see Sissoko, Aurier join them.

It starts to feel in the £30-40m range soon even without Kane.

I think some of the new guys (certainly Romero) will be costing us top salaries and I suspect at the end of the window we'll be pretty neutral in terms of salary savings, but I'm just guessing based on who we're being linked with.