Single biggest investment ever into the club | Page 2 | Vital Football

Single biggest investment ever into the club

...or is it from season ticket holders who have asked to buy shares in the club rather than a refund? It says from shareholders rather than the Board.
Us normal folk (assuming there's still a price to pay to get on the Board?) can't buy shares in LCH that I'm aware so it'd have to be the Board. Ours shares are in LCFC.

The club have been very fair to the fans in the way of handling tickets, refunds etc. Personally I feel like I could be doing more to help ( I realise current climate many others will not be able, but lucky enough to carry on working and spending bugger all) but doesn’t seem to be an easy way to do this.
Feel the club is reluctant to get out the begging bowl for obvious reasons

The club have been very fair to the fans in the way of handling tickets, refunds etc. Personally I feel like I could be doing more to help ( I realise current climate many others will not be able, but lucky enough to carry on working and spending bugger all) but doesn’t seem to be an easy way to do this.
Feel the club is reluctant to get out the begging bowl for obvious reasons

You can buy shares anytime you like. It's really easy to do.

A massive investment for a club of our size and following on from Clive's open letter yesterday it shows how lucky we are to have such a supportive Board but also one that has a vision that is grounded in a clear and open plan/ ambition

Im sure the office have enough to do without going through the whole share issue for such a small sum. I would much rather set up a dd and get a share cert each year for what I have invested

Im sure the office have enough to do without going through the whole share issue for such a small sum. I would much rather set up a dd and get a share cert each year for what I have invested

Ah, I see. So, set up a DD yourself and every year purchase the shares in one transaction.

Top stuff by all directors concerned.
And if this also helps get the Stacey West expansion going soon, even better.
After all, those Championship clubs will all be bringing large away followings next season, so let's make as much income out of them as possible !

If 10,000 people bought £20 of shares, that's £200k. From small acorns...
If 1000 bought £20 a month, that £240,000 a year. But if each had to fill in the form send it the the club and have the club process it then send certs out that's 24,000 stamps and 24,000 pieces of paper. Not to mention the time to process them

If 1000 bought £20 a month, that £240,000 a year. But if each had to fill in the form send it the the club and have the club process it then send certs out that's 24,000 stamps and 24,000 pieces of paper. Not to mention the time to process them

See my previous post. You can do it yourself really easily.

If I am put off by the antiquated share purchase process for whatever reason from deep seated loathing of paperwork through to anxiety due to adequacy issues how many other people are. I think the process should be looked at and made more 21st century user friendly. It's the club that are losing out on what could be tens of thousands of micro transactions, and there is an entire mobile gaming industry worth billions based on that model

If I am put off by the antiquated share purchase process for whatever reason from deep seated loathing of paperwork through to anxiety due to adequacy issues how many other people are. I think the process should be looked at and made more 21st century user friendly. It's the club that are losing out on what could be tens of thousands of micro transactions, and there is an entire mobile gaming industry worth billions based on that model

Ok, whatever. Email Liam Scully. He's super helpful on this stuff and may be able to advise you.

I think some people are ignoring the fact that the club had lost £1.8m through Covid by the end of September, so those losses must be over £2.5 million by now. We have the £375,00 grant plus a percentage of gate money to mitigate those losses, but mitigation is all it is. Clive has already stated that the absence of crowds has gone on for longer than the worst case scenario, and that the amount of the grant fell well short of what was needed. This latest investment is all about keeping the club afloat for the time being.

Just to remind everyone, the cost of the planned regeneration (the SW expansion plus the new all-weather pitch) is £2.84 million, of which £950,000 will be covered by grants. That leaves the club still having to find almost £2 million to pay for it against a backdrop of stupendous losses.

Therefore, the idea of using this investment for the SW expansion is pie in the sky.

Last edited:
This news is quite incredible, thank you Board of Directors, just thank you.

I just hope we go to the next step now for all of us connected to LCFC in someway.