Sincil Bank parking | Page 2 | Vital Football

Sincil Bank parking

Well when you are in a strange place, it may not be clear where you can or cannot park.
It's possible these tickets were for parking partly on the pavement with no parking restrictions otherwise. That particular "new offence" is creeping in more and more and is another insidious way for councils to harvest cash out of unsuspecting victims.

Also those streets around the ground would never see a traffic warden anywhere near them on a non-match day. It's direct targeting of football supporters be they Imps fans or visitors, and as such it's a particularly nasty thing to.

And as for these new permits, their sole purpose is to rake in as many parking fines as possible. Same as speed cameras.
Nothing ever done about dangerous overtaking or driving up close behind someone or any other main causes of accidents, just cameras stuck where they will raise the most cash.
Grrrrr. ?
You could always "trick" the speed cameras - by not speeding....

People illegally park they deserve to be prosecuted. Parking on the pavement to most might be trivial but apply that to a person pushing a push chair and has to get on to the road to pass, or disabled users. Or a kid crossing at a junction, that’s obstructed by careless parking.

I don’t believe the residents parking will pass but traffic restrictions are required to prevent the free for all.

People illegally park they deserve to be prosecuted. Parking on the pavement to most might be trivial but apply that to a person pushing a push chair and has to get on to the road to pass, or disabled users. Or a kid crossing at a junction, that’s obstructed by careless parking.

I don’t believe the residents parking will pass but traffic restrictions are required to prevent the free for all.

What traffic restrictions could you have?
It's either the residents parking permit or a free for all.

Difficult to say but you could have single yellow waiting restrictions on some of the arterial routes to improve flow. The biggest issue in the area is commuters parking up Monday to Friday.

Well when you are in a strange place, it may not be clear where you can or cannot park.
It's possible these tickets were for parking partly on the pavement with no parking restrictions otherwise. That particular "new offence" is creeping in more and more and is another insidious way for councils to harvest cash out of unsuspecting victims.

One assumes you are neither ambulant or require a wheelchair to get around? Those who park on the pavement should be hit with the full force of the law, to allow those who are ambulant and have to use a wheel chair a litle respite to have some normality.

Last edited:
One assumes you are neither ambulant or require a wheelchair to get around? Those who park on the pavement should be hit with the full force of the law, to allow those are ambulant and have to use a wheel a litle respite to have some normality.

While I agree with you some schemes do allow you to have 2 wheels on the pavement but I'm sure wheelchair and buggy users are left enough space to get through.

The problem with park and ride is you need designated bus lanes to make it worthwhile, it would be great but a massive infrastructure cost.

Although saying this isn’t there a park and ride that picks up from Waitrose car park?

Take you point JT. Just a thought as I travel throughout the country , leisure purposes, and some cities have them. Even stockport has a park and ride scheme.

Have Lincoln not introduced any form of park and ride . I would have thought it an ideal town for such a scheme .

Unlike Stockport, Lincoln is not a town; it's a city.

Funnily enough, I am listening to Counteh Vs County on the internet, 1-0 at the moment.

I always parked behind Playzone (St. Andrews Close) and I parked in pretty much the same place for 12 years (admittedly on a yellow line but was tucked up against a bush with plenty of room for people to get on and off driveways, get past etc and others parked in the same area, too) then when attendances started going up in 2016/17, the traffic wardens came out and I got two tickets in two weekends (first one was the Brighton FA Cup game).

They were no-where to be seen whilst we were in our other NL seasons. As soon as they sniff an opportunity, they're out.

People risk it, though, because it's too expensive to park in car parks and space availability isn't great either, especially on Saturdays.

I always parked behind Playzone (St. Andrews Close) and I parked in pretty much the same place for 12 years (admittedly on a yellow line but was tucked up against a bush with plenty of room for people to get on and off driveways, get past etc and others parked in the same area, too) then when attendances started going up in 2016/17, the traffic wardens came out and I got two tickets in two weekends (first one was the Brighton FA Cup game).

They were no-where to be seen whilst we were in our other NL seasons. As soon as they sniff an opportunity, they're out.

People risk it, though, because it's too expensive to park in car parks and space availability isn't great either, especially on Saturdays.

I disagree on the space availabilty-there is plenty available in the City Centre although it may be necessary to have a 5-10 min walk at least. Appreciate it ain't particulary cheap.