Simon Sadler Completes Takeover! | Vital Football

Simon Sadler Completes Takeover!

inside_man

Vital Squad Member
Blackpool Football Club is delighted to announce that Mr. Simon Sadler has acquired 96.2% of the Club. In addition, Mr. Sadler has purchased the Stadium, the training ground and Blackpool Football Club Hotel Limited. The transaction was completed on 13 June 2019, following the English Football League’s approval of the purchase.

Born and raised in Blackpool, Mr. Sadler held senior roles in finance before setting up an asset management business, Segantii Capital Management, in Hong Kong in 2007, where he remains Chief Investment Officer. Mr. Sadler is acting in an individual and personal capacity as the new owner of the Club.

Mr. Sadler is a lifelong fan of the Club, attending his first game at Bloomfield Road in 1977 with his father. Since 2014, he has been the proud owner of Sir Stanley Matthew’s 1953 FA Cup winner’s medal, currently on loan to the National Football Museum in Manchester.

The Club can confirm that Mr. Michael Bolingbroke (Executive Chairman), Mr. Ben Hatton (Managing Director) and Mr. Ian Currie (Non-Executive Director) will continue in their roles for the next few months whilst Mr. Sadler familiarises himself with the operations of the Club.

Mr. Sadler and Mr. Brett Gerrity will join the Board as Directors. Mr. Gerrity is a solicitor, a long-term Fylde Coast resident and a close and trusted friend to Mr. Sadler. They have attended many Blackpool matches together since the 1980s when they were both West Paddock members. Mr. Gerrity is a proponent of constructive engagement between the Club and its supporters. Mr. Tim Fielding will continue to assist the Club by assuming a role as an advisor to the Board.

Mr. Sadler said:

“It is my great honour and privilege to become the owner and custodian of Blackpool Football Club. By providing financial stability and investment over time, my intention is for the Club to achieve its full potential. I will ensure that the Club is managed with the interests of all stakeholders in mind.

“I would like to thank the Joint Receivers and the current board, management and staff for having chaperoned the Club during this time of transition. I would also like to thank the fans and the wider community for re-engaging with the Club after a lengthy period of turmoil.

“I look forward to the release of the fixture list on 20 June 2019 and to the season ahead. UTMP!”

Mr. Bolingbroke said:

“We are very pleased to welcome Mr. Sadler as our new owner, and Mr. Gerrity as a Board member. Mr. Sadler is investing in a Club with undoubted potential, and his investment will benefit not just the first team squad, but also help improve the Club’s training facilities and Academy programme and will actively assist in the Club’s re-engagement with the Blackpool community. Exciting times are ahead!”

Fantastic. This is the day we have all been waiting for, for so long.
Wonderful.
Get those season tickets bought and let’s all look forward to a hopefully wonderful journey. UTMP!!!
Totally agree forward and upwards with a united fan base and a new Owner.

I'm assuming that VB sold Sadler his 20% shares. Have I got that right?

"Mr Owen Oyston, who has not been involved in the day to day running of the Club since his removal from the Board of Directors of Blackpool Football Club (Properties) Limited, BFCL and BFCHL on 25 February 2019 is no longer a shareholder in the Football Club or the Hotel." from Tangerine Knights

Yes, VBs 20% had been included in the deal, so no chance of OO coming back. The other 3.8% is held by fans :thumbup:

What a momentous time. Welcome aboard SS and we all look forward to positive times ahead.
Have you been in touch with Charlie Adam yet?

£10m sounds about right for the whole club (including VB's 20%), the stadium, hotel and training ground