Simeon Jackson | Vital Football

Simeon Jackson

Did OK with us, especially the late winner against Shrewsbury in the play-off final; wasn't too bad at Norwich either bad faded and it's sort of been like that since.

I don't know why he is considered to be overrated, decent goalscoring record in a duff team. I always felt like he never got the support he needed on or off the pitch.

League wise, he had an identical goals per game ratio as Cody McDonald so should be held at a similar level of respect.

He is probably considered less than Cody by many because he moved to a bigger and better club after 18 months and didn't hang around for half his playing career like Cody did. Had he not moved to Norwich then he might have become a cult favourite like Cody.

Think some people may sadly remember him by his miss against wycombe from about a yard out, where it was probably easier to score than to miss. Other than that though he was a good player for us.

I will always remember him for being a key part in getting us promoted. And We must remember cody was actually part of the deal for him with Norwich wasn't he?

I had a goldfish named after him when I first moved in with my mrs.

PhilK66: how can someone with a tally of 38 goals in 104 games be considered overrated ffs, Jeez?

IMO better than Cody. Took his goal at Wembley brilliantly, superb header into top corner whilst arching his neck away from the goal iirc. Also remember a superbly taken goal v the Spotters in our 1 1 home draw after a spectacular Gills og (forgotten by whom).

Wayne. Premier League ( as in a "league table" of our strikers): Asaba; Yeo, Taylor, Akinbiye, King; Championship: Cody; Iffy; Lovell; Gibbs; Simeon; L1: Eaves (but might get promoted); Thomson; Price;

alphabet_king - 1/2/2018 14:10

I had a goldfish named after him when I first moved in with my mrs.

Did you call your goldfish, 'Simeon Jackson', or just, 'Simeon'?

Wayne.Kerr - 1/2/2018 15:00

PhilK66: how can someone with a tally of 38 goals in 104 games be considered overrated ffs, Jeez?

You do know what ?overrated? means don?t you Wayne?

I seem to remember that Simeon did score a proportion from the spot and not in open play.

Top player in my opinion.

Made my year when he scored a header in the last few minutes at Wembley and I celebrated all night in various bars in Rochester.

I rated him highly when compared to other gills strikers.

:4:

That playoff final was the first Gills win I ever saw, so I'll always be grateful to Simeon. I started going to Gills games in 2002 (not regularly!) but it took about 25 games over those seven years before I managed to see them win.

In the three years I've had as a season ticket holder Gillingham have won all four games I've missed. You'll be pleased to hear I'm probably not renewing my ticket! :86:

OneSirKeefy - 2/2/2018 04:22

alphabet_king - 1/2/2018 20:48

Just Simeon, buddha.

Simeon Buddha? Now I'm totally confused AK.

Why didn't you just call your bloody fish "Goldy" like every other person.
Well my son when he was little called his gold fish Seebee. This was given than name months before we signed a certain striker nicknamed Mama .