Shrewsbury Town (h): Nominate Your Man of The Match | Vital Football

Shrewsbury Town (h): Nominate Your Man of The Match

Just sat back in my car after a tremendous performance. Could be any of six for me. But I am going for Joe Taylor. I thought he had his best game for us tonight . Even though he didn't score constant thorn in their side and brilliant lay off for Hacketts goal.

Some really impressive displays, but I’m going to give it to Roughan.

Hard in the tackle, can’t think of many (if any) duels he lost, and the desire he showed in the last 10-15 minutes with the game sealed up was a sight to behold.

He might not be an obvious shout, but I thought he was superb.

It’s a vote which could conceivably go to 7+ of that starting XI, though!

Ted Bishop for me. We can’t let this bloke go in the summer!

Plenty of the team deserve noms for this though!

Plenty of options. Not one duff performer.
Will plump for Reeco who played well with some lovely touches throughout and nearly broke the net with that goal

Watching the game on iFollow, despite our attacking prowess (we'll not mention the finishing and some crossing) Roughan was really standing out for me in that hybrid cb/lb/lwb role.

Then b****r me the first nomination echoes that. Sean is really starting to realise his potential, physically more robust and better decision making and execution and gets my nomination too.

But in a real team performance, it's a tough choice. Reeco was frustrating first half but at the heart of every attack in the second, finally getting the second goal. Bishop asked questions and set the tempo, when Ted was playing well, we played well. Erhahon and McGrandles both just did their thing. Sorensen was a perpetual machine, great goal (if a cross, put it there and stuff happens).

No-one had a bad game.

Good of the rest of the team to give the centre backs and keeper a night off. Sorensen by a whisker from several others, but that's a very subjective choice. I have no doubt that very persuasive arguments can be made for several others.

sorensen mom. he has always had the running power, last night he added two things that take him up a notch. a left foot cross; and a trick to go past a man - that david platt two-foot shuffle - which he used successfully twice.

As has been said, could be any one of six or seven players, but McGrandles for me who hardly put a foot wrong in any part of the pitch.

Hard choice as everyone did well.

I will go for Roughan.

As always good defensively plus very active going forward. Covered O'Connor mistake with very important clearance. Great determination from first to the last second of the game.

As has been said, could be any one of six or seven players, but McGrandles for me who hardly put a foot wrong in any part of the pitch.
Unfortunately, I can't accept this nomination because it was posted beyond the deadline.