Should change the name of this site Moonay is always correct | Vital Football

Should change the name of this site Moonay is always correct

Bloody hell OTBAW, how old are you? If you don't like what Moonay posts then just put him on ignore & carry on posting. There's some stuff on here that folks post that I don't like but I just try to not give it the time of day. If for example there's a news broadcasting station or newspaper that has someone / something bothering you do you just stop listening to / reading that media outlet??
This forum is a bit like our club....we need / should welcome every poster / fan that comes along so come on back n ignore those you don't like 🍻

Time to leave this site. Like Hampton time to go. Posters getting less by the day i wonder why.

The whole idea of a discussion forum to to read different ideas and opinions and you don't have to agree with them. If it's basically one person who you don't like on here just ignore him. If you don't want to do that then I guess it's goodbye. Hope you reconsider.

Time to leave this site. Like Hampton time to go. Posters getting less by the day i wonder why.

If posters are getting less by the day I suspect it’s due to juvenile thread posts like this.

As someone said the other month, this isn’t an airport, so there’s no need to announce your departure. So either grow up, create yet another username or just quietly foxtrot oscar.

He's right, people do stop posting or even reading on here. But it's more likely because of the continued name calling by certain members like himself. Yes peole have disagreements and I have found myself drawn into things that I later thought, why did you go there.
But at the end of the day its a forum and so you either ignore certian people or take a rest from the forum.

Having your opinion challenged is always a good thing, otherwise we'd all live in an echo chamber. The rise in extremism has come about partly through that scenario and Populism is also within that same realm (see Brexit). See, that's one of the problems when everyone is saying the same thing and nobody challenges it, lies happen and become true through repetition.

The only time to be fearful of it is when your own argument doesn't stack up, deep down you know it, but you choose to carry on anyway. A tantrum won't help with this.

Embrace other ideas, views and cultures and you might just have something of an epiphany. Or maybe not, maybe you were spot on all along.

Everyone thinks they are right and those who think the opposite are wrong, but the people with the opposite views feel exactly the same in reverse.

We all have different values, expectations, priorities, ideas, mentalities that can make us see the same situation in a different way. So even folks with completely different opinions can both be right based on their own internal criteria. So sometimes you can't find common ground and just agree to disagree.

There is no reason to not keep it civil, if we want to disagree it's easy enough to restrict the criticism to the argument being made rather than the poster making it. We can disagree without thinking the other person is stupid or bad in some way and fall out.

We're all Latics fans on the same side at in the end of the day.

Last edited:
Having your opinion challenged is always a good thing, otherwise we'd all live in an echo chamber. The rise in extremism has come about partly through that scenario and Populism is also within that same realm (see Brexit). See, that's one of the problems when everyone is saying the same thing and nobody challenges it, lies happen and become true through repetition.

The only time to be fearful of it is when your own argument doesn't stack up, deep down you know it, but you choose to carry on anyway. A tantrum won't help with this.

Embrace other ideas, views and cultures and you might just have something of an epiphany. Or maybe not, maybe you were spot on all along.
Don't mention Brexit, you will get Hindley moaning

Just a bit of fun some posters like banter some. Just look for a argument Some it’s there way are nothing. A good few have left. This site. Sad. One was the poster Hampton he used to post some good topics. Soon be Sat. And the site will be back to normal all being football managers again. Who will be the fans scapegoat this year.
I thought I had seen Hampton post recently, thought he was just lurking