Shopping People N/G | Vital Football

Shopping People N/G

MedwayModernist

Vital Squad Member
Yesterday on my evening dog walk in Bromley, I went down a road and saw a bunch of 20 somethings in their garden working out on garden gym equipment.

Fair enough I thought, frankly rather jealous of their setup.

I then go back past the house about 45 mins later, and 3 gym types (roided etc, you know) are getting in to a car and sodding off, whilst one walks off round the corner, saying laters mate, and the girl that was with them is nowhere to be seen.

What the actual fuck?!

Now, I'm no shrinking violet, but I'm not exactly about to start an argument with a bunch of most likely roided up types on my own with the dog when they're driving off anyway, and I'm only 2 mins from my house.

So gave it about 2 mins thought, and I used the met website to report them, which was easy given I had a car registration to use, and an actual address that they were working out in to include on the report, and frankly expect that they'll be back later on.

Just wondering what the whole "never grass" brigade make of shopping people in during these very strange times, and what they would have done different, or whether they'd have done the same.

Tough one MM.

I tend to mind my own business but each to his own.
No one could condemn you for it.

I didn't realise there was a site where you can report people. I don't think I'd ever bother, I really don't think you can expect personal trainers, hairdressers etc not to work permanently. The lockdown looks like it is going to be extended again, I would expect a lot more people to start "opting out" of it (especially the young) - I'm surprised personally that more people haven't already done so.

Didn't we have a long debate about "grassing people up" or ensuring social well being only a little while ago? Guess the outcome will be the same as then (which I cannot remember).

I didn't realise there was a site where you can report people. I don't think I'd ever bother, I really don't think you can expect personal trainers, hairdressers etc not to work permanently. The lockdown looks like it is going to be extended again, I would expect a lot more people to start "opting out" of it (especially the young) - I'm surprised personally that more people haven't already done so.

I was contemplating starting a thread on your whereabouts mate , after not seeing you on here for a while !
Glad you're ok 👍

Yesterday on my evening dog walk in Bromley, I went down a road and saw a bunch of 20 somethings in their garden working out on garden gym equipment.

I then go back past the house about 45 mins later, and 3 gym types (roided etc, you know) are getting in to a car and sodding off, whilst one walks off round the corner, saying laters mate, and the girl that was with them is nowhere to be seen.

What the actual fuck?!

Now, I'm no shrinking violet, but I'm not exactly about to start an argument with a bunch of most likely roided up types on my own with the dog when they're driving off anyway, and I'm only 2 mins from my house.

So gave it about 2 mins thought, and I used the met website to report them, which was easy given I had a car registration to use, and an actual address that they were working out in to include on the report, and frankly expect that they'll be back later on.

Just wondering what the whole "never grass" brigade make of shopping people in during these very strange times, and what they would have done different, or whether they'd have done the same.
Publically I'll say "I'm disappointed".

Do you have any idea about these people's lives ?
Maybe they all live alone - so no-one to infect.
Maybe none are working away from home - so no-one to infect.

Maybe that's a long shot - but perhaps they are being generally careful if shopping, wearing gloves, masks whatever.

Last w/e I'm pretty sure that my neighbours had a couple of relatives over, sitting in the garden sun - at a suitable distance apart in their large garden.
No problem.

I was contemplating starting a thread on your whereabouts mate , after not seeing you on here for a while !
Glad you're ok 👍
I'm fine, cheers! Just really busy as I've taken in my 2 teenage boys in (the 2 laziest creatures known to mankind!), and I'm "working" from home. Also just trying to avoid media / social networks as I deal with queries on coronavirus all day long at work!

Last edited:
Just a guess but I reckon serial grasses never own up and declare on websites and in public that they would never do it. I never, ever ever would....ever, honest.

What the actual fuck?!

Done the right thing I reckon, if they're doing nothing wrong, they'll have a perfectly good explanation when the knock on the door comes won't they?

Done the right thing I reckon, if they're doing nothing wrong, they'll have a perfectly good explanation when the knock on the door comes won't they?
"Knock on the door" - isn't that going to be more social interaction? Isn't it better just to let them do what they want, rather than give them a fine, which they will never pay?

Doesn't affect me, as I've been "socially distancing" for all of my life, but the reality here is that some people have gone to another person's house. Strange times!

Whether you're right or wrong for grassing people up is for your own conscience but WTF is roided up when it's at home.

Not all of us are down with the kids you know.

"Knock on the door" - isn't that going to be more social interaction? Isn't it better just to let them do what they want, rather than give them a fine, which they will never pay?

Doesn't affect me, as I've been "socially distancing" for all of my life, but the reality here is that some people have gone to another person's house. Strange times!
Yeah, we'll let everyone do whatever they want 👍👍

What the actual fuck?!

Now I know who grassed me up

So we have at least two self-confessed grasses on here.
The crisis has brought out the very best in people , and sadly the very worst.
Like suggested earlier , it rests on the individual's conscience I guess.

There was a bit in the news about fines issued related to coronavirus 'offences' and they said that the court's would have the powers to issue unlimited fines if people failed to pay. Whether that will happen guess well have to see.

Your "let them do what they want" comment is exactly the type of attitude they've shown doing their exercise. That will not help to ease the restrictions currently in place. If we all had that attitude God knows where we'd currently be as a country.

Last edited: